BioHaze

University

35 minutes ago, BioHaze said:

Has anyone thought of starting a University? 

The devs have talked about there being a university with classes to learn skills and tutorials on perticular jobs I would imagine.  Would be cool to be a proffesor, don't know if that will happen though.

5 minutes ago, Cstove said:

The devs have talked about there being a university with classes to learn skills and tutorials on perticular jobs I would imagine.  Would be cool to be a proffesor, don't know if that will happen though.

Yeah, I just thought it would be cool if players could be professors and teach other players things such as business, journalism, law, arts etc. Players could establish colleges and universities with varying curricula and such. 

A while ago i was thinking of being a professor and was thinking of setting up RP classes for various things. Like plan out whole courses that are like a week long and teach you various things you could find in game such as business or public services. I might still do it. As much as id like to be a tailor, i feel many who have more experience in it have me covered :) I might go back to being a professor if people would like the opportunity to do such an RP event. Maybe i could also get in contact with businesses and ask if they would be onboard with the whole thing and recognize someone completing a course as a sort of degree, maybe making requirements for jobs based off my courses.

• Like 2

@Herzog

That's a great idea. Honestly, I would love to attend these classes, maybe not so much the basic "How-To" tutorials when it comes to learning about role-play but other things, in-character and such. If you decide to go that route still on the (official) server I certainly would attend, I like the sounds of that sort of atmosphere and would like to give it a try!

• Like 1

@Herzog I have worked on curriculum writing for another game I played and can help anyone wanting to start a school. 

I attend a university as well. 

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

@BioHaze This would be really interesting to see how it would be implemented in the game in an official capacity. Of course, even if there was no real implementation, players could technically make a business out of it where the business owner (teacher) teaches players/customers (students) how to do something or about something. Very interesting role play could come out of this and it could be very usefull (ex: teaching controls and functions of the game for starters).

Family First, Mission Always. Stay Safe.

• Like 2

I feel like its a good idea but I'd walk in, get bored and walk out. I wouldn't get bored because of the player just because sitting down in game is boring to me. 

16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I feel like its a good idea but I'd walk in, get bored and walk out. I wouldn't get bored because of the player just because sitting down in game is boring to me. 

If i was to actually do this which im leaning towards, i will, then it wouldnt all be lectures. Imagine, its however long for the course. Starts off with a few lessons being the basics and ends with practicals using the real things. So for example, i may do a lecture on the fire brigade, give off a couple of lectures and then members of the fire brigade can come and give you a go on their equipment and such. Just an example but it would be good. Could also have more practical lessons such as art.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herzog said:

If i was to actually do this which im leaning towards, i will, then it wouldnt all be lectures. Imagine, its however long for the course. Starts off with a few lessons being the basics and ends with practicals using the real things. So for example, i may do a lecture on the fire brigade, give off a couple of lectures and then members of the fire brigade can come and give you a go on their equipment and such. Just an example but it would be good. Could also have more practical lessons such as art.

yaay art, lets do it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herzog said:

Bob Ross Inc: Promoter of Fine art would be more than happy to provide art lessons at the University. With only our most experienced art tutors doing the teaching, we are sure you will learn quickly on  how to make quality art!

IMG_1768.thumb.JPG.e950f5ab834d69099b081

Edited by KingBen1223
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, KingBen1223 said:

Bob Ross Inc: Promoter of Fine art would be more than happy to provide art lessons at the University. With only our most experienced art tutors doing the teaching, we are sure you will learn quickly on  how to make quality art!

That's would be awesome.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BioHaze said:

That's would be awesome.

Thanks, We would be happy to be of assistance in spreading the knowledge and fidelity that is spreading your paintbrush along the canvas, into colorful steaks of art!

• Like 1

Man, this sounds like it's coming together just fine! I would definately like to join in on this kind of job. Man, I am getting myself into all kinds of work, but I guess I'd rather be busy than bored. I could teach Financing and classes of that sort, being that my mother was a CPA and I take a lot of interest in money and cash flow and finances, ways to save money, your 401k, if it has to do with money, I probably know it :P

Would be fun ^v^

• Like 2

I could do classes on public services/law since I studied them for 3 years. Unfortunately it's British law so I'll have to mix and match with American stuff 

Edited by Herzog

This would be really cool. Especially to learn about how to customize certain things in game, for those of us who know little to nothing about that kind of stuff. :P You could earn a degree for whatever job field your character is going into! I'd like to learn about clothing design.

1 hour ago, Malibu said:

This would be really cool. Especially to learn about how to customize certain things in game, for those of us who know little to nothing about that kind of stuff. :P You could earn a degree for whatever job field your character is going into! I'd like to learn about clothing design.

In case you didn't know, the university has been started in the business section of the forums. I don't think clothing design is a course, the closest thing being art classes hosted by my company, Bob Ross Inc (click on signature below for more info). But yeah. There are a lot of companies so far that have been dominating the clothing market of this game. Some of them though only hire experienced designers, some of their staff include real life clothing designers. There is still a long time until release, so maybe if you start to learn the basics of designing on your own, it will make your game experience alot more fun, as well as making finding a job alot more easier. Anyways, if you really are interested in pursuing a designing career, here are a few business that I could recommend based on their forum posts and general stature based on community responses.

There were alot more I had in mind but I had trouble finding them in the forums. Oh well, you can explore and find intriguing stuff for yourself.

Good Luck!

With kind regards,

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Malibu said:

If you are really into fashion design, you should check out this website. They have some sweet products that are gold for fashion designers. 

https://fashionary.org/