FishFace

What? Why is it like this?

The 1cop2civ ratio wouldn't work since this isn't DarkRP, there needs to be around 20 employees per business. There also needs to be significantly more normal citizens than business owners so that the clothing stores have people to sell for, security services have people to protect etc. while also keeping a decent amount of cops and criminals.

• Like 2

This isn't as simple as good guys and bad guys, there are businesses, citizens, authors etc. This isn't APB Reloaded, it is a superior remastered Sims kind of thing.

7 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

The 1cop2civ ratio wouldn't work since this isn't DarkRP, there needs to be around 20 employees per business. There also needs to be significantly more normal citizens than business owners so that the clothing stores have people to sell for, security services have people to protect etc. while also keeping a decent amount of cops and criminals.

I was referring to arma darkrp is like the cod of rp gaming

4 minutes ago, Topshotz357 said:

I was referring to arma darkrp is like the cod of rp gaming

Arma still applies, that is a game about good vs bad, this game is a real life simulation MMORPG

5 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

This isn't as simple as good guys and bad guys, there are businesses, citizens, authors etc. This isn't APB Reloaded, it is a superior remastered Sims kind of thing.

Keys I know I have seen every video pictures andmost comments on this game im just not feeling a overwhelming police force and that wont help gameplay that much it will make less civs to buy sell trade do jobs do crime or any of the other things like karaoke 

6 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Arma still applies, that is a game about good vs bad, this game is a real life simulation MMORPG

Arma is a simulation

8 minutes ago, Topshotz357 said:

Arma is a simulation

Yes, of the military which is good vs bad. Identity is much more in depth. I think the numbers I suggested are a good guideline.

7 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Yes, of the military which is good vs bad. Identity is much more in depth. I think the numbers I suggested are a good guideline.

Arma is a sim of everything military life racing flying zombies you name it ... thanks to the modding community  and no a milsim isn't good vs bad thats a cops vs robbers thing or hero vs monsters ...look im sry but I disagree with you and we won't convince each other so lets just drop it k?

18 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

I dont think it works like that. If you assassinate someone then the cops will be called to your last known location, then when they are within talking range they see a red flag above your head. If you remain hidden you should be okay

I don't think they will know who you are, they will most likely only know the name and if you have not greeted them then they don't know your name! (other words is they don't know your appearance!)

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 2

Here is my 2 cents on how I think the Cops and Robbers system should work.

Step 1:Me and my friend are heading out for some scenes of nature, in the middle of the forest we get into a argument and I "accidentally" shot him with my hunting rifle.

Step 2: A: There was a witness or B: Someone found the body. C: I get away with this.
A: Witness calls it in and gives a description of me to the police, they scramble to the location and start searching for me.
[Cops see a icon or something telling them I may match the description (if correct description was entered into police computer, a new case is created)), am not busted yet am a suspect and are being detained at gun point suspect of murder..]
Meanwhile evidence is being collected, or blundered away, depending on skills \ experience of the CSI guy\ Cop.

B: The body was found but there are no witnesses, cops check the footage of "security camera (CCTV) from the victims address to the location of the body. They match my photo to the one from a traffic light and I become wanted [Last seen with Watru on Main Street driving east].

Step 3: Body found or Witness called: Cops collect evidence at the crime scene, this will not stay in the world for ever but as long as the body dose ofc.They found a empty cartage, and its matched to my gun I am now wanted.  "security camera (CCTV) from the victims address to the location and so on.

This is just a example the point am trying to make is that it was way harder for me to get away with the crime then it was for the cop to figure out if I did it or not. And that being said we both had to work for it.

Step 4: A am beeing charged with the crime or B: Am beeing let go for lack of evidence.
Also if you want to try to talk your way out of go for it.

Now this apply to other things as well e.g: running a red light (Picture is taken) you do that a couple of times.
A warrant is issued for your arrest, if your driving a stolen car a description of the serial red light driver is posted.
And cops can see that they may match a description (if they checked the today's unknown wanted felons list before leaving the station).

Now if you have a career in murder then after a while you probably wont leave so much evidence around. (Maybe i moved the body, or picked up the empty cartrage.)

And if you are a experienced cop you probably better at finding the evidence that is left behind. (Maybe a fingerprint was found on the body, cop finds blood in my trunk from moving of the body)
Hope you guys see where am going with this.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers
Watru

Edited by Watru
spelling
  • Like 5

On 12/9/2016 at 0:20 PM, Watru said:

Step 1:Me and my friend are heading out for some scenes of nature, in the middle of the forest we get into a argument and I "accidentally" shot him with my hunting rifle.

Step 2: A: There was a witness or B: Someone found the body. C: I get away with this.
A: Witness calls it in and gives a description of me to the police, they scramble to the location and start searching for me.
[Cops see a icon or something telling them I may match the description (if correct description was entered into police computer, a new case is created)), am not busted yet am a suspect and are being detained at gun point suspect of murder..]
Meanwhile evidence is being collected, or blundered away, depending on skills \ experience of the CSI guy\ Cop.

B: The body was found but there are no witnesses, cops check the footage of "security camera (CCTV) from the victims address to the location of the body. They match my photo to the one from a traffic light and I become wanted [Last seen with Watru on Main Street driving east].

Step 3: Body found or Witness called: Cops collect evidence at the crime scene, this will not stay in the world for ever but as long as the body dose ofc.They found a empty cartage, and its matched to my gun I am now wanted.  "security camera (CCTV) from the victims address to the location and so on.

This is just a example the point am trying to make is that it was way harder for me to get away with the crime then it was for the cop to figure out if I did it or not. And that being said we both had to work for it.

Step 4: A am beeing charged with the crime or B: Am beeing let go for lack of evidence.

Now this apply to other things as well e.g: running a red light (Picture is taken) you do that a couple of times.
A warrant is issued for your arrest, if your driving a stolen car a description of the serial red light driver is posted.
And cops can see that they may match a description (if they checked the today's unknown wanted felons list before leaving the station).

Now if you have a career in murder then after a while you probably wont leave so much evidence around. (Maybe i moved the body, or picked up the empty cartrage.)

And if you are a experienced cop you probably better at finding the evidence that is left behind. (Maybe a fingerprint was found on the body, cop finds blood in my trunk from moving of the body)

Thanks for reading.

Cheers
Watru

This is a great example of how it should be, to mimic Real life this would be perfect And it makes since.

• Like 1

As a dev said above, the possibility of hardcore roleplaying communities having their own way of how things work sounds fine to me if the flagging system can be abandoned so police officers can decide whether or not to charge someone with a crime if they witness it or investigate it as a result of a complaint.

On 12/9/2016 at 7:38 PM, Topshotz357 said:

I just have the problem with them already knowing it means you can never get away with crimes you will always get cought even if I hide all it will take is a cop seing me drive or walk down the street and boom jailed

That's not what @Paratus said would happen. He implied that the cops would know that you committed an illegal act not what you did. By not knowing what you did it still requires the cops to try and figure it out so as long as you put in effort into covering your tracks you should be fine.

On 12/9/2016 at 2:20 PM, Watru said:

Thanks for reading.

Cheers
Watru

This exactly. The cops need to have a leg up on the criminals to make their jobs worth doing. I don't believe that the playing field should be equal at all for the game to be fun for both parties cops need an advantage. 

On 8.12.2016 at 5:39 PM, Paratus said:

That's not quite what he meant by that description. In Identity, committing a crime flags you in such a manner that a police officer can charge you with a crime. If you run a red light, you're not immediately charged with the crime; however, if an officer sees you run the red light he can pull you over and will have the ability to charge you with that crime. This mechanic keeps police from being abusive and charging for crimes which you did not commit.

That said some major crimes may charge you automatically, but that can be controlled by the server operator/community. This is how it'll be done on the official servers to prevent griefing. There are times where gameplay in a multiplayer environment can't be exactly realistic to maintain it's fun for both parties. More "hardcore" communities may wish to adjust these rules, and they can.

That looks like a very good system

If this idea gets implements, I would love to be a cop lol

Edited by Shadow765

Will we be able to get away with crimes? I mean it makes no sense to be a criminal if you can't actually get away with stuff. If I shoot someone with a unregistered illegal weapon, and am wearing gloves and a mask, shouldn't that mean cops have to actually oh, I don't know... investigate. Why wear gloves and a mask or even commit a crime if you automatically are flagged as having just committed this crime. What's the point of being a cop? I want to investigate if I'm a detective. Have they stated definitively how it's gonna be? Will criminals just be flagged automatically and not have to do any actual police work to find them. I mean if criminals don't prepare, and just go in guns blazing, no masks or gloves, then police should see video of their face and/or fingerprints all over. If a group actually prepares, and executes a proper heist, I think it's only fair the police should have to do equal amount of work to apprehend them and not just see a marker over their head. Cops can't look at people and tell who is what, they have to investigate some.