FishFace

What? Why is it like this?

I found this here and I would like a clarification please.

Look at this tweet from the devs. IF you kill someone you will immediately be wanted and all the cops can see that you're wanted for murder.

That means if I kill someone in the middle of nowhere like in grand theft auto where I can literally kill some hikers on the biggest mountain in the whole game and I get a wanted star and cops are looking for me, like pffff oh okay..Because we all know if you kill someone in real life in middle of nowhere every cop on earth immediately knows that you killed someone, that's exactly how it works in real life.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FishFace said:

I found this here and I would like a clarification please.

Look at this tweet from the devs. IF you kill someone you will immediately be wanted and all the cops can see that you're wanted for murder.

That means if I kill someone in the middle of nowhere like in grand theft auto where I can literally kill some hikers on the biggest mountain in the whole game and I get a wanted star and cops are looking for me, like pffff oh okay..Because we all know if you kill someone in real life in middle of nowhere every cop on earth immediately knows that you killed someone, that's exactly how it works in real life.

In my opinion, I think that it will be more like a flag that appears next to your name. Not exactly telling the law enforcement that you have committed a murder, but more like it'll tell them that you've done something illegal. :)

• Like 1

That's not quite what he meant by that description. In Identity, committing a crime flags you in such a manner that a police officer can charge you with a crime. If you run a red light, you're not immediately charged with the crime; however, if an officer sees you run the red light he can pull you over and will have the ability to charge you with that crime. This mechanic keeps police from being abusive and charging for crimes which you did not commit.

That said some major crimes may charge you automatically, but that can be controlled by the server operator/community. This is how it'll be done on the official servers to prevent griefing. There are times where gameplay in a multiplayer environment can't be exactly realistic to maintain it's fun for both parties. More "hardcore" communities may wish to adjust these rules, and they can.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, QuannTann said:

In my opinion, I think that it will be more like a flag that appears next to your name. Not exactly telling the law enforcement that you have committed a murder, but more like it'll tell them that you've done something illegal. :)

But why, you know there's people out there who get away with criminal things everyday, if flags popped up over our heads in real life we wouldn't need detectives and people who analyze and do other shit. it destroys the whole purpose of investigating the crime scene if the cops already know you've done something illegal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paratus said:

That's not quite what he meant by that description. In Identity, committing a crime flags you in such a manner that a police officer can charge you with a crime. If you run a red light, you're not immediately charged with the crime; however, if an officer sees you run the red light he can pull you over and will have the ability to charge you with that crime. This mechanic keeps police from being abusive and charging for crimes which you did not commit.

That said some major crimes may charge you automatically, but that can be controlled by the server operator/community. This is how it'll be done on the official servers to prevent griefing. There are times where gameplay in a multiplayer environment can't be exactly realistic to maintain it's fun for both parties. More "hardcore" communities may wish to adjust these rules, and they can.

Sorry if I was unclear. I'm glad a dev came along to clear this up. Thank you @Paratus

It shouldn't tell them anything more than a icon on map in a city or near a road that something happened here not who or why or what that should be the cops job like it was in cityliferpg2 arma2

• Like 1

Honestly best way is how arma2 cityliferpg2 did crime and evidence basically if the evidence was collected and no witnesses I got away with the crime

1 hour ago, FishFace said:

But why, you know there's people out there who get away with criminal things everyday, if flags popped up over our heads in real life we wouldn't need detectives and people who analyze and do other shit. it destroys the whole purpose of investigating the crime scene if the cops already know you've done something illegal.

I agree with you it basically sets all criminals to fail

3 hours ago, Topshotz357 said:

I agree with you it basically sets all criminals to fail

Good, everyone wants to be a hardcore criminal, maybe this system will force people to get a real job and leave the criminal work to the ones who can handle it. I dont want to live in a server where the criminals are equal to the good guys, there has to be significantly more good guys otherwise it is just DarkRP remastered. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Good, everyone wants to be a hardcore criminal, maybe this system will force people to get a real job and leave the criminal work to the ones who can handle it. I dont want to live in a server where the criminals are equal to the good guys, there has to be significantly more good guys otherwise it is just DarkRP remastered. 

I want both but cant do both with this system I want to do a job then in the off hours grow n sell weed or be a assassin and that doesn't work if I snipe a guy from a k out n cops show up n grab me regardless of stealth or what precautions I take 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

But regardless how I feel I get your point

1 hour ago, Topshotz357 said:

I want both but cant do both with this system I want to do a job then in the off hours grow n sell weed or be a assassin and that doesn't work if I snipe a guy from a k out n cops show up n grab me regardless of stealth or what precautions I take 

I dont think it works like that. If you assassinate someone then the cops will be called to your last known location, then when they are within talking range they see a red flag above your head. If you remain hidden you should be okay

1 hour ago, JoelKeys said:

I dont think it works like that. If you assassinate someone then the cops will be called to your last known location, then when they are within talking range they see a red flag above your head. If you remain hidden you should be okay

I just have the problem with them already knowing it means you can never get away with crimes you will always get cought even if I hide all it will take is a cop seing me drive or walk down the street and boom jailed

4 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

Don't forget there is a 911 system where players can call the police. Im honestly excited to see how the whole Cops'n'Robbers system is gonna work

10 hours ago, Paratus said:

I thought there was going to be a fingerprint system

First of all i want the server to be full of criminals, why? because lets say if the server is 500 players maximum and 200 of them are criminals and 200 cops and 100 civilians. when it happens like that and the crime rate rises, THE GOVERMENT AND THE POLICE WILL ESTABLISH "Marshal Law" . then all police will have the force and power to arrest anyone on sight so players will have to stay at home or they will end up dead shot on the head in the middle of the street. get it right.

2 hours ago, Thecop34 said:

First of all i want the server to be full of criminals, why? because lets say if the server is 500 players maximum and 200 of them are criminals and 200 cops and 100 civilians. when it happens like that and the crime rate rises, THE GOVERMENT AND THE POLICE WILL ESTABLISH "Marshal Law" . then all police will have the force and power to arrest anyone on sight so players will have to stay at home or they will end up dead shot on the head in the middle of the street. get it right.

100 citizens? Some business will need around 20 employees alone, so that allows for 5 businesses to be running at once minimum. Ideally there would be 75 criminals, 100 cops and the rest civvies. 

11 hours ago, Shadow765 said:

I thought there was going to be a fingerprint system

Yep, there is. Following what I mentioned before, police can only charge you for a crime you're "flagged" for committing. You don't receive the charge immediately, and the flag wears off quickly. Fingerprints work the same way other crimes do, and the player is charged upon their discovery but not before.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

100 citizens? Some business will need around 20 employees alone, so that allows for 5 businesses to be running at once minimum. Ideally there would be 75 criminals, 100 cops and the rest civvies. 

What ever happened to the 1cop2civs ratio

55 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Yep, there is. Following what I mentioned before, police can only charge you for a crime you're "flagged" for committing. You don't receive the charge immediately, and the flag wears off quickly. Fingerprints work the same way other crimes do, and the player is charged upon their discovery but not before.

Ok so its a temp flag and after it wears off its like it never happened? 

7 hours ago, Ziggabot said:

I'm with @JoelKeys on this one. And @Thecop34 's description of things just makes it sound like GTAV online. That is pretty much the opposite of the end goal here, I believe. 

Cop is a troll and has stated such and that he will troll and harass everyone ingame apon release so his opinion is void :)