Sign in to follow this  
ElectroCat

What kind of instruments would be cool to see ingame?

I see a lot of potential in the musical instruments that could be implemented, and there are various ways the devs could go about making a way to play them. I think it would be cool to have instruments to give some atmosphere and mood to certain places, like people playing music in a smokey jazz bar, or bringing a guitar on a camping trip and singing around the fire, or somebody playing a saxophone in the subways, trying to earn a few tips.

What kind of instruments do you guys think would be cool to see?

• Like 1

i would LOVE to see a guitar in game. and you play it like guitar hero, and the music can be eather real or made by players in game =D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jabba_the_slut said:

i would LOVE to see a guitar in game. and you play it like guitar hero, and the music can be eather real or made by players in game =D

Being able to compose your own music would be awesome, but the ability to use premade songs would also be really cool. If they had a composing system in game, they could make it so that you could share music you made with other people to play, or maybe even sell it. Plus, that would allow people to transcribe songs that already exist so that you can play them as well!

• Like 1

A PIANO! AND A VIOLIN! YES! YES! YEEESH! I want classic music! Ah! 

Sitting on a nice chair with classic music, whiskey and cigar! Oh! How I look forward to this.

• Like 2

Just now, FlyingDuck said:

A PIANO! AND A VIOLIN!

Those would be awesome! The piano might cause some difficulty though, considering how a piano could be difficult to simulate on a keyboard. But then again, players could find a way to link an actual keyboard (Like the electric piano) up to their computer and use that to play. That might be a bit of a stretch, but i can dream!

Would be cool to see a guy just playing guitar in the streets, and being able to tip like a dollar or something. 

• Like 2

Saxophones, Drums, trumpets, bassguitars, Imagine a big orcest in the middle of Town Square, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, FlyingDuck said:

A PIANO! AND A VIOLIN! YES! YES! YEEESH! I want classic music! Ah! 

Sitting on a nice chair with classic music, whiskey and cigar! Oh! How I look forward to this.

Oh I have such an interesting scenario playing out in my head now. ♥

Not that I plan to sit in jail, but harmonicas would be great. :D Just that cliche one prisoner playing on a harmonica while cops push you into your cell.

• Like 3

As a member of an orchestra, I'd personally like to see stuff like Clarinets, Pianos, Violins, Cellos, Violas, Flutes, Trumpets, Trombones, Tubas and Oboes. Especially Oboe. I love the Oboe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AwsnoPro said:

Saxophones, Drums, trumpets, bassguitars, Imagine a big orcest in the middle of Town Square, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ! 

Marching Bands FTW! Maybe have like a little mini game with them so you have to hit the specific keys on your keyboard in a song. I've seen someone do this in Garry's Mod and it entertained me for a good half an hour to an hour. Then have a button which can show you your available sheet music as well.. :D

I rally hope the developers get as deep as to have a key for each note, when playing on said instrument. Maybe a school to learn how to play an instrument(for your player, not you yourself) which unlocks the musical branch(kind of like in the sims) but without all the slowness. 

55 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

I rally hope the developers get as deep as to have a key for each note, when playing on said instrument. Maybe a school to learn how to play an instrument(for your player, not you yourself) which unlocks the musical branch(kind of like in the sims) but without all the slowness. 

Or the trapping people in swimming pools part.

1 hour ago, ZombieAngel said:

Marching Bands FTW! Maybe have like a little mini game with them so you have to hit the specific keys on your keyboard in a song. I've seen someone do this in Garry's Mod and it entertained me for a good half an hour to an hour. Then have a button which can show you your available sheet music as well.. :D

Was that the Gmod tower server?

On 1/3/2016 at 11:58 PM, DrFelixPhD said:

As a member of an orchestra, I'd personally like to see stuff like Clarinets, Pianos, Violins, Cellos, Violas, Flutes, Trumpets, Trombones, Tubas and Oboes. Especially Oboe. I love the Oboe.

And French horn too!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2016 at 4:58 PM, DrFelixPhD said:

Don't forget bassoons.

From the recent interview to the dev team, this is what they said. Not too clear for me if there will be playable instruments, but doesn't sound like that much variety. But there's definitely something to start with.

EG: Players would like to see an ‘entertainer’ profession , which could mean a performer, or musician?

AE: There isn’t a specific career or profession in Identity for entertainers or performers, but we fully realize the potential opportunity for players to be recognized for their talents in Identity, and we’d love to see someone’s career take-off with the help and support of this game and its community. We’ve developed a number of features to assist players with their entertainment ambitions, including karaoke, live in-game radio talk shows hosted by players, and even a concert hall that players can rent out, select a theme for (classical, rock, talent show, etc), and invite other players to watch. Identity is very much a social game and we want its community to feel alive.

6 minutes ago, Phiedrus said:

From the recent interview to the dev team, this is what they said. Not too clear for me if there will be playable instruments, but doesn't sound like that much variety. But there's definitely something to start with.

EG: Players would like to see an ‘entertainer’ profession , which could mean a performer, or musician?

AE: There isn’t a specific career or profession in Identity for entertainers or performers, but we fully realize the potential opportunity for players to be recognized for their talents in Identity, and we’d love to see someone’s career take-off with the help and support of this game and its community. We’ve developed a number of features to assist players with their entertainment ambitions, including karaoke, live in-game radio talk shows hosted by players, and even a concert hall that players can rent out, select a theme for (classical, rock, talent show, etc), and invite other players to watch. Identity is very much a social game and we want its community to feel alive.

The "classical" theme for the concert hall is what got my excited for the instruments. Not particularly sure how the "themes" thing will work out but I'm hoping for the best.

• Like 1

I'd like to second seeing a clarinet in the game! Love me some jazz clarinet, especially Benny Goodman c: