Sign in to follow this  
JohnDanelson

Rules

Should Mature acting teens be allowed into the pd?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mature acting teens be allowed into the pd?

• YEP!
    • No... If you choose this one please let me know why.

I think that the only players that should be allowed into the police force are mature acting players they don't have to meet an age. as long as they follow the game rules and play properly. I hope that there won't be an age restriction just if they Roleplay.

• Like 1

I think it's obvious that everyone should have a chance in the Police Department. However if they abuse they should be removed/banned from the police department. I know 13 year olds who are far better at being a police officer then a 20 year old.

• Like 3

There should be no judgement based on age. There are younger people that act more mature than those who are older than them.

(Plus I'm fourteen and would like to be a cop :3)

Yeah, i'm 21 myself but i've managed a lot of communities over the years on Gmod and I was surprised to find most younger people were actually more proficient at their roleplay and duties than the older players, a lot of the minges and trolls I encountered were 17 or older.

I mean being seventeen myself I really shouldn't say whether or not another teenager should be allowed into the PD. However personally I can admit that I have seen some very innovative and intelligent younger players in my game life, more so that when I encountered some of the older generation players coming along to troll them only because they believed that their fun was being interrupted.

But honestly, I can see why some people wouldn't want a young player coming on, which could be solely because of their voice. As when I was younger I was treated with the same cautiousness because of my prepubescent tone, though being a rather intelligent kid I was able to sway them by showing that I studied before they interviewed me and made sure that I gave a good first impression.

But in turn, I think we should at least show some kindness and let them show their prowess before we make assumptions and other conclusions of the like. But hey, that's just me, yall can think what you want to. :) 

Anyhow, Good day Ladies and Gents.

Do me a favor please. Guess my age based off of my post history, my vocabulary, my post history etc. 

I imagine there will be some teens or younger players that will be an annoyance to whatever server they are in, however the same can be said with older players as well. I think the vast majority of players,  regardless of their age, will be playing this game to roleplay properly. 

I don't think there should be any age restriction to applying for police, because there are many mature young players out there, many have great imaginations and bring great ideas with them. 

Some of the best cops, detectives, agents, etc may be young players who are very dedicated to whatever craft they follow in game. I imagine most older players will also be trying to make the best out of the RP as well. 

Well I hope they make the restrictions not on age but instead you must have a microphone because typing slows the game play and disrupts the immersion.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 8:16 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

Well I hope they make the restrictions not on age but instead you must have a microphone because typing slows the game play and disrupts the immersion.

agree

• Like 2

On the Asylum Entertainment Life Server on Arma 3, we have an age restriction of 16 mainly from experience most people we've come across under that age are not quite mature to follow instructions and proper police procedures. We used to allow people to be "grandfathered" in if they were under 16 out of all of them only 1 still remains. 

The decision as to if age will be allowed is really down to the private servers as to how the want to run their Police Force, for the official servers I don't honestly know but I wouldn't expect there to be an age restriction as the process of becoming a cop is less restricted. 

As long as they can do the job it doesn't matter if they are teenagers. There is a lot of young police officers out there in the world who may look green but learn quickly and are capable of doing their job right.

Alright so I am 15 years old and I honestly want to be a police officer in real life, my father has been a police officer for a long time as well. I think that I should get the chance as well as everyone else because I honestly think that I have more experience on how to be a police officer than both most people my age as well as even some people twice my age. Not every teenager is immature and honestly games that set an age limit to the PD are games that I usually do not enjoy because they assume that just because they are younger than most other players that they will act irresponsibly. Now I know that not every teenager is responsible however but you can't say that every adult is responsible because that's false. Just my opinion I appreciate how most of the people that voted, voted for teenagers to join the PD because this is the reason why I have been paying attention to this game. I also think that teenagers could even hold high positions in the PD if they show that they can handle it just like an adult can if they were put into that position an age should not decide everything it's simply just ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, CadeStrikemen said:

Alright so I am 15 years old and I honestly want to be a police officer in real life, my father has been a police officer for a long time as well. I think that I should get the chance as well as everyone else because I honestly think that I have more experience on how to be a police officer than both most people my age as well as even some people twice my age. Not every teenager is immature and honestly games that set an age limit to the PD are games that I usually do not enjoy because they assume that just because they are younger than most other players that they will act irresponsibly. Now I know that not every teenager is responsible however but you can't say that every adult is responsible because that's false. Just my opinion I appreciate how most of the people that voted, voted for teenagers to join the PD because this is the reason why I have been paying attention to this game. I also think that teenagers could even hold high positions in the PD if they show that they can handle it just like an adult can if they were put into that position an age should not decide everything it's simply just ridiculous. 

Just because you want to be a police officer in real life don't make you right for it, but yes you should get the chance to be it in the game and everyone else should but I think the restrictions should not be on age but on having a microphone; well for the official servers anyways. 

The reason I say everyone must have that microphone is because immersion will be disrupted if 1 person has to type.

My point is that: If I was a robber and you had to type to tell me to put my gun down. While you are typing I would shoot you without giving you the chance. Because my best interest is to not get caught.

Back to your point:

Your points are all valid but if anyone don't have a mic then well that will screw up immersion. As long as the guy has a mic, then he should have that chance. 

Just my opinion.

14 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Just because you want to be a police officer in real life don't make you right for it, but yes you should get the chance to be it in the game and everyone else should but I think the restrictions should not be on age but on having a microphone; well for the official servers anyways. 

The reason I say everyone must have that microphone is because immersion will be disrupted if 1 person has to type.

My point is that: If I was a robber and you had to type to tell me to put my gun down. While you are typing I would shoot you without giving you the chance. Because my best interest is to not get caught.

Back to your point:

Your points are all valid but if anyone don't have a mic then well that will screw up immersion. As long as the guy has a mic, then he should have that chance. 

Just my opinion.

Yes I completely understand I did not mean that just because I want to be police officer makes me fit for the police department I worded that wrong I meant to say that many teenagers and younger players have knowledge of this. I completely agree on how every cop should have a microphone that should be a requirement because of your exact statement I completely agree.

• Like 1