WinzLV

Pay to play

Okey guys here comes real question! Not sure if it has poped up earlier or not.

I know that if you pay 500$ you will be IG money, that's all okey. But how actualy will be these "advatages" for example if Im not rich enough and I can't afford any memberships or anything else which have make my options the same.

The question is are there going to be anything like that? Premium money or anything like that what you can only get from actualy PAYING for it.

'Cuz you most of the gamers know how does "PAY TO PLAY" works... If you can't donate or buy something with your real money you are pretty much loser.. You will die you wont get higher than anyone else.

10 minutes ago, WinzLV said:

Okey guys here comes real question! Not sure if it has poped up earlier or not.

I know that if you pay 500$ you will be IG money, that's all okey. But how actualy will be these "advatages" for example if Im not rich enough and I can't afford any memberships or anything else which have make my options the same.

The question is are there going to be anything like that? Premium money or anything like that what you can only get from actualy PAYING for it.

'Cuz you most of the gamers know how does "PAY TO PLAY" works... If you can't donate or buy something with your real money you are pretty much loser.. You will die you wont get higher than anyone else.

You pay to play the game, you will be able to buy cosmetic items from an in-game store but you cannot buy in-game money with real money.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're thinking of 'Pay to Win', buddy.

Anyways, there isn't really a way to win identity. Some of the people who donate before the game is released will get money, sure. But, by the sound of things, I wouldn't say it's going to give most people too big an advantage (it might give criminals a bit of a lift off though).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Crayin said:

Sounds like you're thinking of 'Pay to Win', buddy.

Anyways, there isn't really a way to win identity. Some of the people who donate before the game is released will get money, sure. But, by the sound of things, I wouldn't say it's going to give most people too big an advantage (it might give criminals a bit of a lift off though).

Yes "pay to win".. My bad..

Well I believe if you have money and you buy more money you have advantage and if you are creative enough you know where to put that money which will give you big advantage. Biznesses, Mafia, Races etc

52 minutes ago, WinzLV said:

Yes "pay to win".. My bad..

Well I believe if you have money and you buy more money you have advantage and if you are creative enough you know where to put that money which will give you big advantage. Biznesses, Mafia, Races etc

Which is exactly why it should never never ever be introduced into Identity, because believe or not some people are actually that sad that they will buy in game currency with real currency.

• Like 1

Um... pretty sure the devs have said a few times that you aren't going to be paying monthly for this game; you would buy a passport once to gain access to the game, and there are micro-transactions, as someone has already mentioned in this thread, where you can purchase cosmetics and the like; nothing like guns though.

Unless they've changed their previous statement, if there are any expansion DLCs in the future that unlock more areas and such, you'll have to purchase a passport to access that content.

TLDR

Other than that though, the game is technically free-to-play, a lot like guild wars where you pay once and that's it minus DLC. If i'm wrong, please do correct me..

On 05/12/2016 at 8:29 PM, Valtorix said:

Other than that though, the game is technically free-to-play, a lot like guild wars where you pay once and that's it minus DLC. If i'm wrong, please do correct me..

It is like GTA you buy the game to play the game and so not free to play. "Free2Play" is when you pay nothing to download the game and play it.

You can't really pay to win this game. If you pledge the $500 thats completely up to you. (Not that I'd suggest it, as in the grand scheme of things $4,000 probably will be close to nothing seeing as the economy will be based off the U.S. prices.)

Anyways, it'd get you started maybe, and if you play it smart, you could get that $4,000 to turn into $40,000 or even $400,000 in a few months. But other than that theres really no pay-to-win in this game. After you pledge you can't buy anymore cash.

1 hour ago, Capped said:

You can't really pay to win this game. If you pledge the $500 thats completely up to you. (Not that I'd suggest it, as in the grand scheme of things $4,000 probably will be close to nothing seeing as the economy will be based off the U.S. prices.)

Anyways, it'd get you started maybe, and if you play it smart, you could get that $4,000 to turn into $40,000 or even $400,000 in a few months. But other than that theres really no pay-to-win in this game. After you pledge you can't buy anymore cash.

only reason i got the 500$ pack was for the apartment that i can rent a room out for, and the race car. the cash will help furnish that apartment I'm sure or at least hoping. so decent advantage for sure.

No there will be no pay to win in this game thank god, you will have to work your way up to earn the money and then you can show it off after all that time working for it :) 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 4:58 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

It is like GTA you buy the game to play the game and so not free to play. "Free2Play" is when you pay nothing to download the game and play it.

Lol this is what happens when you go inactive you forget to check your notifications! Anyways if its still relevant, technically its Buy to play; that's the term I was looking for.

All the packs you can buy are just cosmetics you can get and have no advantage over any other player.

12 minutes ago, Valtorix said:

Lol this is what happens when you go inactive you forget to check your notifications! Anyways if its still relevant, technically its Buy to play; that's the term I was looking for.

Yeah, you just mixed the two up.

7 minutes ago, Shieldsy said:

All the packs you can buy are just cosmetics you can get and have no advantage over any other player.

@Shieldsy This thread has been answered, but @Valtorix just never saw my reply to his term he used as he got it mixed up.... let the post die now.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

I think it largely depends upon the success of the game and the cash shop.  If it does well, then i'm sure the dev's will adhere to their tauted ideals.  If however, they don't generate the anticipated financial return, i'm certain they will be less idealistic about the content of said cash shop.  

I, of course, mean no disrespect to the devs, but i've seen a number of games say one thing, then have to change direction to generate income.

Edited by Tourist

You can find your answers here als well:

http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/3114-subscription/#comment-30461

http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/3191-donation/#comment-31106

It's sad there exist people who don't understand how much work this people put into this. A donation for a P90 wouldn't be so wrong. I love Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis and that's why I always mention this P90. ^_^

23 minutes ago, Dscheksn said:

A donation for a P90 wouldn't be so wrong.

That is pay to win.. There for it is the worst way for devs to go.

• Like 1