Sign in to follow this  
Midnightwolfjackson

Architect Career (Construction Worker, interior designer, etc)

So this is kind of an idea/wish that most likely won't be in the game but rather just a topic to discuss for games such as this:

Natural Disasters would be a nice addition to the game. these disasters could range from house fires, to building fires, to tornadoes, to earthquakes, landslides, avalanche (if mountains exist on the map) etc. also for fun, maybe an alien abduction for a Halloween special or something. Other small things that would be cool are urban decay occurances for roads and buildings causing a need for repairs. 

Architects would come in handy for things such as this. if a building or house is completely destroyed, a business or home owner could hire this person or people to fix it. They could also help fix roads by filling pot holes and other issues that might cause cars to crash or even cause a blow-out. 

House add-ons or remodels. I know players can just remodel their house whenever, but Im sure there will be some sort of system in which you have to gather the supplies needed to do the remodel. it would be cool if you could hire a construction worker (home Interior designer) to do all of the labor and item gathering. all you have to do is fill out a catalog of what you want your house to look like and they will do the rest.  

Like I have said, I don't expect this feature (at least this in depth) to be included in the game. I just think little details like this adds a bit more immersion to games. 

Won't be a career but you can make a "player built business" instead .

Can't build any houses in the game either.

Edited by JamesLuck01

8 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Won't be a career but you can make a "player built business" instead .

Can't build any houses in the game either.

Right but just a thought that if the devs changed their minds it would be cool if all houses could be completely changed In style on the exterior after disasters or if they just want a remodel. I would be completelying fine if they already had preset houses that you could choose your house to look like after you bought the land. if the already existing house was not a style you like but the land was awesome, that would be cool if you could hire someone to change it to another preset house. obviously it would be a lot of work if they made it to where players could design their own homes. that is why if there are like 10 or so house styles people could choose from it would be cool to do so. 

7 minutes ago, Midnightwolfjackson said:

Right but just a thought that if the devs changed their minds it would be cool if all houses could be completely changed In style on the exterior after disasters or if they just want a remodel. I would be completelying fine if they already had preset houses that you could choose your house to look like after you bought the land. if the already existing house was not a style you like but the land was awesome, that would be cool if you could hire someone to change it to another preset house. obviously it would be a lot of work if they made it to where players could design their own homes. that is why if there are like 10 or so house styles people could choose from it would be cool to do so.

Seriously, don't get me wrong, but I would love your idea to be done, and infact I asked about it but yes it could be done in the future. Its a great idea.

6 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Seriously, don't get me wrong, but I would love your idea to be done, and infact I asked about it but yes it could be done in the future. Its a great idea.

Thank you! that is all i ask from responses on my topic ideas. I know my ideas may not make it in the game, but the purpose of my topics are just to spark imagination and conversation about the topic as if it were going to be in the game even if it won't be. do you have any ideas along these lines that you would like to be added? 

Thank you! that is all i ask from responses on my topic ideas. I know my ideas may not make it in the game, but the purpose of my topics are just to spark imagination and conversation about the topic as if it were going to be in the game even if it won't be. do you have any ideas along these lines that you would like to be added? 

No, but I don't and won't bother till the future to post. No problem answering your questions, I am always happy to help.

Edited by JamesLuck01

11 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, but I don't and won't bother till the future to post.

Yeah I understand that it is still very early in development. who knows. our idea of what this game will be like will most likely be completely different than the actual game. if it turns out like most modern games these days, they will get us hyped up for this game only to send it out unfinished. I know they said they don't plan to send it out unfinished, but Im sure several other game companies have said that they don't want to send an unfinished game out and look where it got them. just look at no man's sky for example. that was the game to play for like the first day. then it got boring because it was simply unfinished. this is why I am starting to hate pre-orders and early access. anyways this is off topic and I'm just rambling about it!! hehehe!!

Edited by Midnightwolfjackson

6 minutes ago, Midnightwolfjackson said:

our idea of what this game will be like will most likely be completely different than the actual game. if it turns out like most modern games these days, they will get us hyped up for this game only to send it out unfinished.

Doubtful as its there dream game and so they won't release it unfinished.

but Im sure several other game companies have said that they don't want to send an unfinished game out and look where it got them. just look at no man's sky for example. that was the game to play for like the first day. then it got boring because it was simply unfinished. this is why I am starting to hate pre-orders and early access. 

No Mans Sky was a cash grab, and everybody knows it. Also they had the community pressure them to release it early, it happened and was shit. Also other companies said they wouldn't release a game unfinished and did because they had publishers forcing them to rush it out and get the money. They don't have the developers making their own dream game, they just do it for business, Asylum Entertainment are making their dream game and so thats their passion with creating it. (obviously it could go horribly wrong) but I don't like to see the negatives taking over.

• Like 2

Why I think this wont be able to implement, at least at launch, is because if they would implement an ability to change your house they would have to keep that in mind before creating the map. And since they have already started creating the map and placing buildings they would have to redo every single building placement with one that would work for changing houses.

The interior designer type business could be a good idea. For people who have a house but aren't too good as designing you could give "special permissions" to someone in your house which allows them to change/customise your house.