Greenie

The Black Rat Band

"Although not a truly social animal, the black rat is not totally solitary. It normally lives within a small family group..."

photo.thumb.jpg.a7c680d582042f0f73541874

The Black Rat Band: Thieving for the Love of it

First I'll make our purpose clear: There isn't one. If you're looking for a swindler's contest, I suggest you head down the road a-ways. This is a collective, plain and simple. We don't care if you're good at this or not. Listen, to understand who we are, you just need to know three fundamental facts.

1.) We aren't all that interested in money.  We're more interested in the collecting, the stockpiling, than the selling. We don't want to hear stories about your deals. We want to know what catches your eye when you're out making bedlam.

2.) No heists. This is nothing organized. We aren't going to go out of our way to case the target. You pick a house, you go in, and take what you like without method or reason.

3.) Respect comes with loyalty. The ones who prove to be the most intelligent and most dedicated will earn respect within the band. If you watch your fellow Rats' backs, we'll pat yours.

How We Run

I don't want a big, convoluted system with a bunch of leadership positions and ranks. I envision something like a small group of thieves swapping stories of their latest adventures, none of us worried about making it big or making it at all. I envision our members as people who simply want to have fun, wreak havoc, make a different sort of mark in the world.

There is no structure. Come and go as you please. Contribute what you like and keep what you like. Just never steal from our contributions. Never do anything you know will be stupid. At the first hint of treachery, you'll be cut off.

What's in it for you?

I'm not so naive that I believe we can be one big, happy thief family bonded only by the spirit of burgling. Everyone needs some incentive.

We Share the wealth. We don't really care about who does more work, as long as you do something.  All cash is divided equally among members.

We protect our own. A common sentiment across most organizations, we are certainly no exception to this principle. The difference is, when someone is in trouble, no matter who it is, we make them the first priority. Be it the Bandmaster or the guy that joined yesterday, we will do whatever is necessary to keep you alive and well.

We don't want to make a lot of noise. We don't want to be the whole making-deals-with-politicians, putting-the-fear-of-God-into-the-city sort of group. We want to remain strictly under radar and neutral in any gang disputes. We won't mess with anyone unless they mess with us. What does that mean for you? A whole lot less to watch out for.

We don't accept just anyone and everyone. You have to really love to steal. You have to have the same ideologies as us. You need to prove you're mature and intelligent. And there will be a cap on how many we accept, depending on what kind of leadership we recruit.

How do you get in?

First, you need to contact us. Leave this thread for questions only. Send me, Greenie, a private message if you are interested in joining. If you would like to seek an initial leadership position, mention so. I will ask you three simple questions. You will be expected to answer succinctly. If seeking leadership, I will ask that you tell me about yourself. Whatever you think is important. Just let me hear your voice, decide if you're worthy.

As for now, the member cap is 10, including three leadership positions. This cap will be reevaluated as we organize the group and gain leaders.

Current number of members: 3 (1 leader)

Now, if you ever find that we have reached the player cap, do not fret. Message me anyway. If I like you better than another member, they will be replaced by you. This will go on until launch. After launch, however, we will not remove members unless they do something very, very stupid.

Leadership

Bandmaster (Greenie): Founder and Head of the band. Not to be confused with a musical director. Since there is no definite set of rules, the Bandmaster is responsible for hearing complaints against members and making decisions on what to do. Is the only one who can officially accept recruits. Can kick members, set targets (locations to hit for revenge), and call meetings of the band. All implied powers apply.

Band Sovereign (1 available): Heads of organization, same power as the Bandmaster except cannot accept members.

Master Treasurer (1 available): Keeps track of who has made any contributions. Decides when to do payouts, and is responsible for getting the money to our members. 

Website will be built when we reach 7 members!

photo.jpg

Edited by Greenie
  • Like 3

Can tell you've put time and effort into this. It's different from the normal gang or organization. Cool ideas, wishing the best.

---Hanshi 

Edited by Hanshi-Toshiro
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Hanshi-Toshiro said:

Can tell you've put time and effort into this. It's different from the normal gang or organization. Cool ideas, wishing the best.

---Hanshi 

Couldn't have said it any better myself! I wish you luck friend and hope everything goes well.

Best regards 

Dolore

• Like 3