Hazelxcedarheart

Moe's Diner

Moe's Diner, on the corner of 6th and DuPont Ave.

new-york-city-at-night-diner-noir-john-r

Ol' Moe opened this place with brother, way back when this neighborhood was strictly "Italian-Only". That was a long time ago, back when the Mob owned these blocks. They've since cleared out, now we mostly cater to bikers off the interstate, some Yakuza thugs occasionally frequent the place, they run the docks two blocks over. Moe is an old man now, he mostly sleeps in his one bedroom upstairs, so it's up to the girls to handle most of the work.

Gus is the cook, he's Moe's grandson. He's a pervy kid, not more than 18 really. Always oggling us while we work, but hey, at least we don't have to cook. I've been here almost a year and I'm already the closing girl. It's a good gig, gives me money for my "hobbies,". My name's Pam, if you don't see me here, I'm out being bad. Mary's usually here in the mornings with Lacey, and Starla and Darienne work with me, although they're usually just gossiping or flirting, little tramps those two. Leah's the new girl, she's a sweetie, don't know how she ended up in this neighborhood.

We don't really have a manager per se, although there's Dennis, he's a piece of work. He's the son of an old friend of Moe's, after Moe's brother got shot by a gangbanger this guy, Ed I think, he was there. So now Dennis is the "manager," although he never shows up, only to steal food, harass us, and try to sleep with us on the regular. He's a coke fiend, usually reeks of sweat, and has some two-bit hooker on his arm when he comes in. And then there's his "friends," big scary tatted-up guys, coming in here looking for him and the money he owes them. That's always fun.

Anyway, the coffee is always fresh here, and we make a mean breakfast platter here. The burger's are pretty good here too, and my pies are to die for. Don't order the french toast, that egg wash is not fresh, trust me. Also, the jukebox usually doesn't work, give it a kick or two and you're golden. And don't you think about trying to case the joint, I got a .45 glock under the register, and honey I know how to use it!

Moe's Diner

Hours: 5:00am-11:00pm

Breakfast, All day

Eggs: $1 per egg, limit is 3

Waffles: $2 for 2, $5 for a stack

Toast: 50 cents

French Toast: $3

Eggs in a basket: $5

Bacon: $1.50 

Coffee: $1 with refills

Breakfast Sausage: $3

Chicken and Waffles: $6

Breakfast Special: Comes with 3 eggs, bacon, toast, breakfast sausage. $8

Lunch, All day

Hamburger: $5

Cheeseburger: $6, add a fried egg/chili for $1 each

French Fries: $3

Chili Fries: $4

Chili Cheese Fries: $5

Meatball Sub: $6

Cold Sandwich: Options include Ham, Prosciutto, Salami, Pepperoni, Capicola, Roast Beef, Turkey, Mozzarella, Monterrey Jack, American, Swiss, Banana Peppers, Pickles, Spicy Relish, Mustard, Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, $4, $5 on a ciabatta bun, 50 cents for each extra meat

Chili: $3

Grits: $2

Fried Chicken: $8 a bucket

Dinner*, 5pm or later

Spaghetti: $5

Ravioli: $6

Chicken Parmesan: $8

Chimichanga: $6

Pastelitos per carne: $3 per pastry

Gnocchi: $4

Chili con carne: $6

*Dinner may not be served on that particular day

Drinks:

We serve alcohol after 11am

Full bar opens at 3pm

Soda: $1.50

Tea: $2

Beer: Bottled $3

Wine: Only at dinner, $5 a glass

Mixed Drinks: $7 for house, $9 for top shelf

• Like 9

Nice prices my man xD, I was honestly expecting everything to be a lot more expensive. I'll be there most morning I imagine!

• Like 1

If you've got the fresh, hot bacon and eggs, then I'll provide the money, and a tip! I look forward to getting my breakfast from Moe's!

Don't worry, there's gonna be a resurgence of Italians coming back to the old neighborhood soon, and we're gonna take care of everything, make it respectable. Any scumbag trouble makers that came in while we were gone will be evicted permanently, if you know what I mean. You can leave the doors open, the kids can play outside, and women can walk by themselves at night without worry. It's gonna be like the good old days.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1