paulchartres

Modding ! :D

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if this game would have some kind of modding, just like garry's mod's workshop?

Hope it will ;P

I think if you have your own server you might be able to allow certain mods or whatnot. I don't see why this would not be allowed. Maybe not on Official servers though. 

1 hour ago, Blitzer said:

I think if you have your own server you might be able to allow certain mods or whatnot. I don't see why this would not be allowed. Maybe not on Official servers though. 

No, on all servers because people will make mods which heavily change the game itself from realism to fantasy. I'd personally rather the devs create all the content.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, on all servers because people will make mods which heavily change the game itself from realism to fantasy. I'd personally rather the devs create all the content.

Very much agreed.

49 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well what i meant my mods was, Ex. Handling mod, more cars, Lighting. Things that doesn't affect the game's realism it just makes it so each server can customize their experience more if that makes sense. I agree changing from realism to fantasy would also not be fun for me either. 

1 hour ago, Blitzer said:

Well what i meant my mods was, Ex. Handling mod, more cars, Lighting. Things that doesn't affect the game's realism it just makes it so each server can customize their experience more if that makes sense. I agree changing from realism to fantasy would also not be fun for me either. 

Well I would rather have it that the devs, add those things in updates rather than them being mods.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well I would rather have it that the devs, add those things in updates rather than them being mods.

Well yea, me too! Its just that some features take time by the devs to roll out. So i dont know, i didnt think supporting some mods was going to hurt the game, and also the community can sometimes make some amazing stuff :D . Lots of game features have started as mods and the devs have made them a reality. Just a thought i dont know.

9 minutes ago, Blitzer said:

Well yea, me too! Its just that some features take time by the devs to roll out. So i dont know, i didnt think supporting some mods was going to hurt the game, and also the community can sometimes make some amazing stuff :D . Lots of game features have started as mods and the devs have made them a reality. Just a thought i dont know.

I get what you mean, but anyways I know that as of full release, there is no plans for modding but it the future it could possibly added, but I hope with only certain things being able to get made.

49 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I get what you mean, but anyways I know that as of full release, there is no plans for modding but it the future it could possibly added, but I hope with only certain things being able to get made.

exploding squeakers?

With the amount of people speculated to be playing on the official Identity server's, in order to promote and sustain a diversity and lively-hood to the overall population of Identity, it's likely there will be a fairly wide variety of vehicle's - or at least an in-depth customization system via mod shop's.

I might be wrong, but I think I saw somewhere early in the day's of Identity a developer say they were hoping to provide a variety of 100 - 200 different vehicles - that alongside the proposed in-depth customization and driving mechanics probably won't be very easy. In this case however, I imagine modding server's to include extra content might not be necessary. Regardless, developer's have stated modding Identity would be fairly difficult, but supposedly could be done.

Personally, as said before, I would prefer all content be officially provided by the Identity team themselves; Who better to implement new content than the one's behind the very game itself?

• Like 1

But if someone happens to make a mod that is fun and does not affect anyone outside of their own server, will you let them? That's the argument I see here. You boast freedom, then why not allow the community help shape the community and produce potentially better content. If this content becomes popular, you could implement it into the main game. Of course, you do not want people to break the game but if it is on their own server, it does not affect the public.

Here's my proposal to you devs.

Allow modding but restricted: new models, ability to change various variables such as house cost, different textures, and maybe even allow custom maps because this game seems more of a framework than a complete game, it has so much potential. If someone made San Andreas as a map, why stop them?

My final point is this: Allow mods BUT only on whitelisted servers. This way you can provide a disclaimer that "We do not have any affiliations with the content on those modded servers, just like a gun manufacturer does not take responsibility for any murders committed using their product."

If it does, I hope it fixes the issue of joining a Gmod server.

>Join server

>loading

> *INSTALLING FOUR COPIES OF ARMA 3 AND WITCHER 3 ONTO YOUR PC*

> "sending server client for another half an hour"

Then everything is the purple checkered texture and everything is cancer because you didn't install the Stargate mod and download WireMod from k4pitaliztpiksmustdie.ru.cn

• Like 4

Identity is one game where mods will make everything worse. It will provide an advantage to some people while other people will be left to fend for themselves. Stick to Fallout 4 or Skyrim if you want to mod and leave Identity to those who play on equal ground.

• Like 2

I dont see the part where this game should need mods, but I think maybe something more likely plugins for unofficial servers could be cool. It could let these servers be more customized without the problems of mods, do events, change little dynamics (for example an advanced warn system) without being limited to the server-config developers will create.

But, anyway, the developers will decide what is better.:)

On 17/04/2017 at 11:51 AM, N0ught234 said:

But if someone happens to make a mod that is fun and does not affect anyone outside of their own server, will you let them? That's the argument I see here. You boast freedom, then why not allow the community help shape the community and produce potentially better content. If this content becomes popular, you could implement it into the main game. Of course, you do not want people to break the game but if it is on their own server, it does not affect the public.

Here's my proposal to you devs.

Allow modding but restricted: new models, ability to change various variables such as house cost, different textures, and maybe even allow custom maps because this game seems more of a framework than a complete game, it has so much potential. If someone made San Andreas as a map, why stop them?

My final point is this: Allow mods BUT only on whitelisted servers. This way you can provide a disclaimer that "We do not have any affiliations with the content on those modded servers, just like a gun manufacturer does not take responsibility for any murders committed using their product."

"I am not a dev", but yes if the devs did implement it, I think there should be restrictions because people will make sex mods and that is against what they want and also maps I think a better option would be DLC's or such for more Islands and not separate maps. Models, not really needed, and could mean people start making fantasy stuff.

When fantasy stuff comes into the game, that is when it becomes like DarkRP. They don't need the disclaimer because at the same time if the game gets banned of such sites as YT or Twitch then that means they failed to stop it by allowing modding and I know mods in-general are ok but the game is fine without them really. (My opinion).

i really dont hope that theres gonna be any kind of modding i personally think that it would kinda break the game 

I suppose if you don't want to play with mods on a server, you could just not join that server.