jakers

Strip Club

10 minutes ago, dmonic said:

It also depends on your upbringing, honestly. I won't disagree with what you say but I believe people should be more conservative. "Face" is also another thing. Especially in Asian culture, after living in Singapore for a good part of my life... I also notice people are less "up front" or direct per se. I believe it should be like this, some topics should just stay taboo such as Sex, Drugs etc.. and sometimes it's better not to be confrontational, especially with touchy topics such as Sex. A lot of things can be viewed as offensive, especially if such things are so open for the world to see. 

Its all about how you carry yourself. Talking about such things is usually viewed as being shameless too, it's a good way to destroy your self-image. Maybe it doesn't matter in the game... but it just tells you that you don't  have a good upbringing. 

As I said before, it's just my opinion. Being upfront causes a lot of unnecessary trouble too. Some things are just much better off kept under the rug.(Sex, politics, religions, drugs) Can you seriously imagine walking into your room and the first thing you see is your kid grinding up against a pole online? *At this moment you realized you raised a hoe*  ( Not trying to slut-shame, but there is a reason why jobs related to taboo such as mentioned above are degrading) 

It all depends, sigh. This subject can really cause a shit storm, so there isn't much of a point continuing this argument is there?

Different opinions is all then, I guess.

One thing though, as you mentioned that Asian culture is really about being conservative and has this taboo on all things.. well.. taboo.

Yet most games with skimpy outfits come from Asia. And let's not even start about anima, manga... hentai, God forbid. If you wanna see something absolutely contrasting to taboo, look at hentai. It's worse than a strip club, believe you me.

So taboo might still be a thing that Asian cultures are pretending, yet it's a false pretence and a bit of theatre. Because behind closed doors, it seems their taboos suddenly have no limits. I'd rather prefer being open about it, then.

7 minutes ago, Xilion said:

Different opinions is all then, I guess.

One thing though, as you mentioned that Asian culture is really about being conservative and has this taboo on all things.. well.. taboo.

Yet most games with skimpy outfits come from Asia. And let's not even start about anima, manga... hentai, God forbid. If you wanna see something absolutely contrasting to taboo, look at hentai. It's worse than a strip club, believe you me.

So taboo might still be a thing that Asian cultures are pretending, yet it's a false pretence and a bit of theatre. Because behind closed doors, it seems their taboos suddenly have no limits. I'd rather prefer being open about it, then.

Yeah, it's kind of sad honestly. Keeping up your image is something you should do, but some people are just too depraved. Maybe some are into cartoons but they keep it to themselves. You don't want to seem like a pervert who fondles over cartoon drawings right?

Anyways, it was a good talk. Haha, as I said before... it's all about how you carry yourself. Maybe you can act shameless, but that's only with your buddies. It's like how you have to be professional when you are at work right? First impressions are also everything, so when you meet someone you should hush up about such things. Especially strangers...

I hope to meet you in-game in the near future, you seem like a nice guy to hold a decent convo with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmonic said:

Yeah, it's kind of sad honestly. Keeping up your image is something you should do, but some people are just too depraved. Maybe some are into cartoons but they keep it to themselves. You don't want to seem like a pervert who fondles over cartoon drawings right?

Anyways, it was a good talk. Haha, as I said before... it's all about how you carry yourself. Maybe you can act shameless, but that's only with your buddies. It's like how you have to be professional when you are at work right? First impressions are also everything, so when you meet someone you should hush up about such things. Especially strangers...

I hope to meet you in-game in the near future, you seem like a nice guy to hold a decent convo with. 

Likewise, good sir :)