Samuel_Tsai

[POLICE] Organization & Structure

54 minutes ago, ThomasHetch said:

I think it is a great structure but a council of people who run the police so power is not giving to one person

While normally that's a good idea, for the police it's different. A chief of police is just a normal thing anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Sporan said:

While normally that's a good idea, for the police it's different. A chief of police is just a normal thing anywhere.

He's the most trusted and most watched. They usually don't stay that long but there are some that stay for decades. Think of it like a presidential election. We gotta get a new one at some point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cornholio said:

He's the most trusted and most watched. They usually don't stay that long but there are some that stay for decades. Think of it like a presidential election. We gotta get a new one at some point

I'm aware of this lol, was explaining it to Mr. Hetch. It's best for the PD to work as a heirarchy. Chief of Police is generally just the most trusted and most responsible person on the force.

On 12/02/2017 at 4:09 AM, ThomasHetch said:

I think it is a great structure but a council of people who run the police so power is not giving to one person

I think this would be the Mayor in combination with the Chief of Police and several members of his office.

People who have no idea how to control a department  or how to be police shouldn't control the police.

Wow, all those divisions and ranks in this career remind me of the real thing in cities. I think it's cool there will be a K9 unit. One member asked about that. 

On 12/3/2016 at 5:22 AM, Theo said:

what can you do about dirty cops, like if a detective is doing illegal activity on the side

That question was already asked in another topic, and was told that there will be a system in place to make sure there is no corruption committed by police officers.

On 2/13/2017 at 1:44 AM, Samuel_Tsai said:

I think this would be the Mayor in combination with the Chief of Police and several members of his office.

People who have no idea how to control a department  or how to be police shouldn't control the police.

I believe a Chief of Police should be elected by the mayor and then it will be up to them to keep the department under control. I do not know if this is how it will turn out though. But, people might not want to wait around for a player to be elected mayor and may just decide to start at the bottom and work their way up. I believe these promotions should be optional though, as some of us prefer to keep things simple and stick to the routine we know.

8 minutes ago, Mentality said:

Uau, todas essas divisões e graus nesta carreira me lembram do real nas cidades. Eu acho que é legal, haverá uma unidade K9. Um membro perguntou sobre isso. 

Essa pergunta já foi feita em outro tópico, e foi dito que haverá um sistema no lugar para se certificar de que não há corrupção cometida por policiais.

I'll be a thug of the heavy in the game I want to become the boss of the biggest criminal organization I'll be the most wanted and feared I'll rob banks and buy cars and luxury cars the police will be afraid of me because I'll be the biggest one Of the maoires bosses of gangters I control almost all territory in the city.

4 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I'll be a thug of the heavy in the game I want to become the boss of the biggest criminal organization I'll be the most wanted and feared I'll rob banks and buy cars and luxury cars the police will be afraid of me because I'll be the biggest one Of the maoires bosses of gangters I control almost all territory in the city.

Ohhh you like to talk a big game huh? You do know you are in the Law Enforcement forum, right? The Criminals forum is that a way lol... >

6 minutes ago, Mentality said:

Ohhh você gosta de falar um grande jogo hein? Você sabe que está no fórum de aplicação da lei, certo? O fórum criminosos é que uma maneira lol ...>

I know 

I like the system you guys are trying to implement, but I feel like it will be way too complicated for your normal person. My departments structure is much more simple but still gets the job done. 

-Chief

-Deputy Chief/s

-Commander - Each division has its own commanders, so CIS has a few, patrol has a few and so on.

-Lieutenant - This is each squads direct supervisor. So when A squad is on, they go to their lieutenant. B and C squad would use theirs. 

-Corporal - aka "Officer in charge" since LTs are at the station more than they are on the road, this officer acts as a leader and can substitute for a LT if they are sick.

-Officer - If you don't have an official rank you fall under this. Detectives, traffic, SROs, and so on. 

A large majority of departments in my state use this system. Overall, I feel like it's easier to understand for someone who isn't a LEO or doesn't have outside roleplay experience like most of you guys.  

And sorry if my grammar sucked in this lol, I've had a really fucking long day. 

7 minutes ago, GotYourSix said:

I like the system you guys are trying to implement, but I feel like it will be way too complicated for your normal person. My departments structure is much more simple but still gets the job done. 

-Chief

-Deputy Chief/s

-Commander - Each division has its own commanders, so CIS has a few, patrol has a few and so on.

-Lieutenant - This is each squads direct supervisor. So when A squad is on, they go to their lieutenant. B and C squad would use theirs. 

-Corporal - aka "Officer in charge" since LTs are at the station more than they are on the road, this officer acts as a leader and can substitute for a LT if they are sick.

-Officer - If you don't have an official rank you fall under this. Detectives, traffic, SROs, and so on. 

A large majority of departments in my state use this system. Overall, I feel like it's easier to understand for someone who isn't a LEO or doesn't have outside roleplay experience like most of you guys.  

And sorry if my grammar sucked in this lol, I've had a really fucking long day. 

Oh I'm sure it will get harder as you progress. More and more various tasks will probably pop up and require officers of different ranks. If they created all these different ranks and departments my guess is down the long road it's going to get more challenging.

Some really different ideas. If you haven't played Asylum we also have police structure set up which works quite well.

Chief Of Police - Admin only role helps maintain a communication between your servers admin team and the captains so Police rules don't conflict with Server rules

Captain - The main driver of the Police they discuss Policy changes and promote the Lieutenants. Usually a less active in game rank and deals with more of an admin side.

Lieutenant - Lieutenants undertake interviews on Asylum for officers wanting to become cadets, From what I understand On official Identity servers that won't be the case but for private servers it may be something to consider. They also deal with any reports that come in on police officers they may be corrupt.

Sergeant - Sergeants are a pivotal rank they are classed as Senior staff and do the cadet ride-along before approving them to Constable.

Corporal - Corporal is the gateway to Sergeant giving an officer a bit more responsibility, It also opens a player to use 3 sub-classes these are Medic, Undercover, and Warrant Officer

Constable - Constable the main cop force

Cadet - New Recruits must complete a set period before completing a ride along.

The main idea here is to keep it simple. Although I've always thought about all the other interesting roles that could be added such as drug enforcement officers, traffic cops the ideas are endless it will be really interesting to see how each server takes on different structures within the Police force and how they organize them.

On 12/3/2016 at 11:12 AM, Samuel_Tsai said:

Hey guys!

Thanks for the feedback and I'll try and put some more topics up to assist people who want to make a police department. Hopefully the developers or moderators will be able to give feedback on our topics aswell.

As for this I'm sure that private servers will have rules and regulations when it comes to this. For example only small corruption such as excessive use of force or usage of illegal substances. In official servers I fear that corruption will not be tolerated or will have no rules outlining what's possible and what's not. More often than not public servers have less strict police departments.

an IA department should be put in for some corruption really. A bunch of us tossed this idea around on the original forum.

On 12/6/2016 at 6:48 PM, Samuel_Tsai said:

Hello,

First of all thanks for the effort but however I'd like to discuss something with you about this.  I like the general way it works and obviously promotions should be based on either applications or achievements. However things such as field supervisor are needed in police departments. For example a normal police officer won't just get Captain but will also have to learn how to be a supervisor before he can lead a big part of the department. I love the way it's drawn and stuff and argee on the general concept however lots of ranks are missing. SWAT should also not be a full time job within the department as SWAT would serve as supervisor/patrol officer untill they are actually needed.

Definitely 100% agree on the SWAT comment here. There should definitely be an alternate role assigned to members who are SWAT qualified and SWAT should only be requested in specific situations.

As we discussed on the original forum, SWAT members should only be able to access their SWAT loadout during said situation, and only have access to say "detective" role items while doing their detective duty when not on a callout.

Edited by Kraztec

3 hours ago, Kraztec said:

Definitely 100% agree on the SWAT comment here. There should definitely be an alternate role assigned to members who are SWAT qualified and SWAT should only be requested in specific situations.

As we discussed on the original forum, SWAT members should only be able to access their SWAT loadout during said situation, and only have access to say "detective" role items while doing their detective duty when not on a callout.

This is how my department works. We have a team that is always on call but never patrols as swat. Instead, swat members have other roles. So a patrol guy who is on the team is only called in for swat details when needed.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GotYourSix said:

This is how my department works. We have a team that is always on call but never patrols as swat. Instead, swat members have other roles. So a patrol guy who is on the team is only called in for swat details when needed.   

Which is honestly exactly how it should be. SWAT isn't a normal every day job technically - more so an as per situation necessity. I'm not sure how the whole SWAT thing is in real life as I've not personally been in law enforcement and my grandfather who had experience in it just passed on Monday, so I couldn't find out even if I wanted to, but the purpose of this is as real as possible so lets say it's safe to assume it's the same as we're saying here. 

Looking at all the situations and the tactics required to handle each of them I am amazed. Identity looks to be just a step away from actual reality. There are as many job positions in there as real life. SecondLife doesn't even come close to this. These developers will undoubtedly receive the game of the year award for 2017, should it amount to what is being said here in the forums. :D

23 hours ago, Mentality said:

These developers will undoubtedly receive the game of the year award for 2017.

Probably 2018.

And yet the lack of the simulation of basic jobs is too many.

3 hours ago, Trustvainer said:

Probably 2018.

And yet the lack of the simulation of basic jobs is too many.

What do you mean Trustvainer?

7 hours ago, Mentality said:

What do you mean Trustvainer?

The game will be released in 2018 or so on.

There are many professions that Identity won't coverage, like those regard to building, paving, cleaner, garbage collector, and some related to food industry.
I don't know if the mechanic will be implemented right.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:07 AM, Trustvainer said:

The game will be released in 2018 or so on.

There are many professions that Identity won't coverage, like those regard to building, paving, cleaner, garbage collector, and some related to food industry.
I don't know if the mechanic will be implemented right.

The developers are working hard to bring us jobs that will be entertaining and interesting. They can't put in all the jobs out in the world. And if they took the time to put all these positions with careers, I'm sure being mechanic will be immersive and detailed. 

Edited by Mentality