Sign in to follow this  
TheTrueMac

Video Advertisements

I think it would be cool to have a way for content creators to use in-game currency to purchase television, radio or billboard time/space to promote their youtube or twitch channels.

I would suggest an in-game threshold of achievements or experience to allow players to spend in-game currency to submit specifically geared advertisements to be used in-game. Maybe requiring the video ad to be recorded using in-game footage or audio recordings or billboards that would all require mod/admin approval. 

Games have always done better than expected when a live streaming or youtube community is supporting it, on top of the support they already have. Allowing dedicated players to earn their right to show the community their content would encourage more creators to use the game for even more future content.

The only issues would be the potential for the "youtube" effect where over time real advertisers begin mucking up the lighthearted point of promoting the games own community. This would probably fare well for the dev team and could help expand the game even more, but is just something that could happen if the game impresses the amount of people a game like this should. Another issue would be larger youtubers from doing the same thing, but in the long run it would help the community more. I'm just rambling by this point.

Just my suggestion, not something that I have thought about too deeply or would feel inclined to press the idea. Just a random idea I thought would be neat, to go along with the already shown TV system.

• Like 3

I will be owning multiple radio stations so you can buy ad space there if you want :). Im still working out prices and all but if u have any ideas and/or proposals you can msg me and ill be back to you before you know it :D

This idea has its merits. Identity already has a system where you can play YouTube videos in-game on TV screens. Maybe this can also be applied to large commercial TV screens? I'm not sure, but I think offering advertisements to content creators could really help boost the games player base. 

Edited by AndrewDonaldson
  • Like 2

As it stands already, we do have advertising systems for politicians running for office but it's restricted to billboards.

I like the idea of advertising on public televisions or cinema, and implementation would be easy, but we'll have to think it over and consider all the angles. So, maybe!

• Like 6

I dont like the idea that people can buy advertising in-game to their youtube channels/twitch etc etc. I would prefer it to be in-game companies and politicians.

13 minutes ago, ElChapo said:

I dont like the idea that people can buy advertising in-game to their youtube channels/twitch etc etc. I would prefer it to be in-game companies and politicians.

Agreed. Not really trying to see youtube and twitch ads all over the city.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ElChapo said:

5 hours ago, RoniQ15 said:

Agreed. Not really trying to see youtube and twitch ads all over the city.

Are you concerned with publicity for the game or just personal preference? I don't see how this would hurt anyone, it'd only help the devs spread the game to more people. Sounds good to me. Personally, I'd prefer the game to grow and bring in other players with support of content creators. 

Personal preference. Id just prefer the in-game advertisements to be used for things in-game. There could be a section for youtuber/streamer ads but i wouldn't want to see constant billboards of things outside the game.

3 hours ago, TheTrueMac said:

Are you concerned with publicity for the game or just personal preference? I don't see how this would hurt anyone, it'd only help the devs spread the game to more people. Sounds good to me. Personally, I'd prefer the game to grow and bring in other players with support of content creators. 

If the game gets big enough having a few real world products and add like billboards or radio for them in the games art would not be so bad if it allowed the devs more money to hire people. I don't mind stuff like that if it matches the games style.

Just no videos never dam videos. 

frankly it kinda build the world more then hearing every dam dumb name people can think of based off real product cok e cola..........or bebsi

Edited by SharpShep

Subjects should be capable of purchasing advertisements within reputable television stations, cinemas, radio stations, and billboards as long as it is based on advertising either a political campaign or a company's commodity or services. 

@TheTrueMac I think this is a great idea! I would only share that my preference also be that it be used for in game role play content. Still a very creative contribution!

Family First, Mission Always. Stay Safe.