I'd like to start off by saying that this should be optional, and would be a good idea for people like me who use mainly PC and have friends who use the PS4 or Xbox one mainly.

Identity shows the biggest promises and ambition I have ever seen in an MMORPG. If I could, I would back it up, but thats aside from the topic being discussed here. The point of this thread is to discuss wether we should allow optional cross - platform gameplay. It is as simple as it sounds; start up Identity, join the server, and voila, you are playing on a PC with PS4 and Xbox one users.

This also implies that this must have a separate friends list to keep track of all you friends on other platforms.

Now, I don't know the difficulty of implementing this, or if it is possible to use the same code on both PC and Console. Truth is, we barely know anything about what is to come of Identity.

So that's it! Share your ideas in the comments, if this is possible, and make this Topic be noticed!

15 hours ago, Kurt said:

I'd like to start off by saying that this should be optional, and would be a good idea for people like me who use mainly PC and have friends who use the PS4 or Xbox one mainly.

Firstly, xbox one and ps4 use a private network, hence they pay subscription for online.

Secondly, It was stated on twitter time ago that they are not releasing it on console but it may be a future thing but they will look more into the console porting after full game release with no promise to it being on consoles.