Sign in to follow this  
Fma35

Text Chat and concerns

Will text chat still be relevant?

I know it will be downplayed a little bit, but for people who are shy or don't really like using microphones is it still viable to use text chat for role-play situations and still be a member of a crime syndicate/gang/Police force?

Text chat is also useful for players who role play characters of the opposite gender.

Does anyone have any idea?

• Like 1

As long as there's a text chat it'll be viable, like in g mod a lotta people don't even use mic's and people are fine with it, but obviously it'll be more inconvenient to type in some situations, but it's not like people aren't going to read the chat if they're trying to communicate with someone.

• Like 2

I think i remember someone ,  possibly one of the developers, saying that you can chat on your in-game phone , probably just like arma life.

Edited by Dahoom152
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dahoom152 said:

I think i remember someone ,  possibly one of the developers, saying that you can chat on your in-game phone , probably just like arma life.

That would be a good addition imo, shouldn't be too inconvenient either.

• Like 1

Text chat will be available to you in Identity! There will be local chat, as well as private messaging. We acknowledge that the convenience of voice chat isn't always what people want in every situation. Whether you are shy, or you want to pretend to be someone else, or even if someone in your proximity is trying to sleep, we don't want to suppress your ability to get a message across, but we do think that those who want and will use voice chat, will inherently have an enhanced experience in Identity.

• Like 5