Sign in to follow this  
AlphaWolf13

Gun Licenses

So I had a thought: What if a player is threatened by another player with a gun since the second player is in a Gang or Criminal career, but the first player isn't in a career that would give him/her a weapon to defend themselves. What would happen then, the first player try to take on the armed player with his/her fists? We all know how that would end. Gun Licenses would allow any player to go through a basic training to own a gun to defend themselves. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

I think business owners or legitimate career people are going to be allowed to be strapped as well for protection so they are not going to necessarily going to have to defend with their first. I like the idea of gun licenses however though it would be a good way for cops to put up a red flag on routine traffic stops and be like "Sir we are aware you are not licensed to carry a weapon we need to take you downtown for questioning". I think this would be a good way to make it harder for criminals  to use guns and get away with crimes, therefore keeping the peace for legitimate business people in the main areas of the cities.

• Like 4

I'm think in the game will be players "weapons dealers". Everyone who want buy gun for protect, can do this.

Gun Licenses are confirmed and yeah you can get a gun without a license but cops can check you for gun license and can take you to court if caught with a gun and no license.

• Like 1

On 23.11.2016 at 6:41 PM, Fakeout said:

"Sir we are aware you are not licensed to carry a weapon we need to take you downtown for questioning".

nothing against that way but most people will probably start shooting the cops.

@Shimozukachi  Honestly I have a little more faith people that people will want to stay in the roleplay experience. I'm sure there's gonna be those few bad apples who try to ruin everything and go chaotic. But hey who knows maybe the developers will implement some type of restrain features for police to cut out that abusive activity. They all played Arma 3 So i think they have a better idea on balancing than any of us are gonna have.

2 hours ago, Fakeout said:

@Shimozukachi  Honestly I have a little more faith people that people will want to stay in the roleplay experience. I'm sure there's gonna be those few bad apples who try to ruin everything and go chaotic. But hey who knows maybe the developers will implement some type of restrain features for police to cut out that abusive activity. They all played Arma 3 So i think they have a better idea on balancing than any of us are gonna have.

GTA Online once again confirmed that if game mechanics allow a player to do it, then they will, and there have been a LOT of games which have attempted to mix pvp with social  play and failed massively, The Arma 3 mods are a myth and the countless griefing video's from those mods prove that. sure they have pockets of role play but they're hardly the functioning societies that will be needed to make Identity a success.

Devs have said gun running will be in, therefore it's safe to assume that some kind of legal system for weapons will be in as well, the big question is going to be how open their system is to abuse, as far as the game mechanics go. I've only ever really seen one way to prevent it, and that's giving a player a 'consent' option so that they can opt out of pvp.

Edited by Jinx

10 hours ago, Jinx said:

I've only ever really seen one way to prevent it, and that's giving a player a 'consent' option so that they can opt out of pvp.

You mean the "passive mode" ? If yes, then I think it's a bad solution. Because it can destroy RP for other players.

15 hours ago, NskDen said:

You mean the "passive mode" ? If yes, then I think it's a bad solution. Because it can destroy RP for other players.

That's why you have admins. It's kind of obvious too from reading these forums that not many people here have played a game where role play is consensual. Many people state that playing on a server where everyone can be killed, at any time, makes things 'realistic', I beg to differ. In game terms the only player who suffers the consequences 99% of the time is actually the victim. In open pvp the only way to combat it would be to have the death penalty for a convicted killer.

• Like 1

Licence to carry idea is good but needs some balance like the fact the police should need a reason to stop and search you since that is how it works in the real world and anyone who has a gun they are not supposed to is just going to conceal it so the police do not have reason to search.

On 11/26/2016 at 3:03 PM, Jinx said:

That's why you have admins. It's kind of obvious too from reading these forums that not many people here have played a game where role play is consensual. Many people state that playing on a server where everyone can be killed, at any time, makes things 'realistic', I beg to differ. In game terms the only player who suffers the consequences 99% of the time is actually the victim. In open pvp the only way to combat it would be to have the death penalty for a convicted killer.

and role play being consensual is a terrible idea brought up by small groups of players who think they have the right to dictate how a game should be played. Or can i call that i do not Consent to playing with cops so they can't stop me from robbing banks the devs have already done the smartest thing possible by declaring safe zones so the player who don't want to deal with it don't have to.

In short in this game if  you don't won't to deal with criminals stay out of areas they are allowed to be criminals.

6 hours ago, SharpShep said:

Licence to carry idea is good but needs some balance like the fact the police should need a reason to stop and search you since that is how it works in the real world.

Actually no it's not, in the real world a police officer can stop and search you with only reasonable suspicion, in the US that translates to less than probable cause.

As for the rest of your statement, consensual role play is for people who will be unarmed & uninterested in enabling people like you who just want to be 'Billy Badass' in video games. And I won't have to stay out of any area's because we'll have our own server, and the criminals on that server will be players who want to bring something to it other than shooting people on a whim.

39 minutes ago, Jinx said:

Actually no it's not, in the real world a police officer can stop and search you with only reasonable suspicion, in the US that translates to less than probable cause.

As for the rest of your statement, consensual role play is for people who will be unarmed & uninterested in enabling people like you who just want to be 'Billy Badass' in video games. And I won't have to stay out of any area's because we'll have our own server, and the criminals on that server will be players who want to bring something to it other than shooting people on a whim.

INCORRECT, a Law enforcement officer does not possess the jurisdiction to SEARCH a subject unless the individual has committed a criminal offense OR consents to a search. In the least, a Law enforcement officer possesses the jurisdiction to merely frisk subjects that are deemed to be suspicious for committing a criminal offense.

On 11/25/2016 at 3:07 AM, Shimozukachi said:

nothing against that way but most people will probably start shooting the cops.

And if they do, they must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

1 hour ago, Mayglin said:

And if they do, they must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

yeah, except all squeakers cry to the devs that they hate it that way and spam it into the ideas forum until it gets removed

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

yeah, except all squeakers cry to the devs that they hate it that way and spam it into the ideas forum until it gets removed

The sum up of gaming nowadays

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

Then they need not sign up for this game. If they market it correctly, & let it be known from the get go how things will be run, AND the devs have a strong backbone, I believe it'll work.

13 hours ago, DLimit said:

INCORRECT, a Law enforcement officer does not possess the jurisdiction to SEARCH a subject unless the individual has committed a criminal offense OR consents to a search. In the least, a Law enforcement officer possesses the jurisdiction to merely frisk subjects that are deemed to be suspicious for committing a criminal offense.

Go do a little research, Stop & Search is not a Federal Law & it varies from State to State, & in some States it is, in fact, legal. It's also legal in many other countries & seeing as we're basically inventing a new US state here, I daresay it'll be legal on some servers as well.

We, the people of Identity, and the governing bodies in game, will decide what is legal & what is illegal.

@Jinx

Some valid points except a prime difference between GTA V Online and Identity, is that one of those is styled around the concept of Roleplay, and the other is not. You can get guns easy in GTA V, even easier to gain cars and vehicles.

In Identity, you can't steal a tank, fly a wide array of various types of aircraft and fire RPGs at anyone and everyone on the street. They have said they will implement ways to prevent RDM, and if there are gun carrying licenses, it promotes RP. People aren't going to go out and shoot people, because if they do; with the law enforcement system in place, they can easily be arrested and jail time will deter players from wanting to frequently do it.

7 minutes ago, Valtorix said:

@Jinx

Some valid points except a prime difference between GTA V Online and Identity, is that one of those is styled around the concept of Roleplay, and the other is not. You can get guns easy in GTA V, even easier to gain cars and vehicles.

In Identity, you can't steal a tank, fly a wide array of various types of aircraft and fire RPGs at anyone and everyone on the street. They have said they will implement ways to prevent RDM, and if there are gun carrying licenses, it promotes RP. People aren't going to go out and shoot people, because if they do; with the law enforcement system in place, they can easily be arrested and jail time will deter players from wanting to frequently do it.

First off yay red text...now gtav is fun but it hasn't been realistic since 360 with gun nerfs clothing patches stoping a mask and helmet from working together to cars not being able to be sold or given away anymore from dupers identity might be similar but me personally id take realism over goofball fun anyday but I do still enjoy gta now n then I mean who doesn't 

11 minutes ago, Valtorix said:

@Jinx

it promotes RP. People aren't going to go out and shoot people, because if they do; with the law enforcement system in place, they can easily be arrested and jail time will deter players from wanting to frequently do it.

That's the hope yes :)

4 minutes ago, Jinx said:

That's the hope yes :)

Key word hope weve all played rp games we know what hope gets a bullet and a disappointment :"( but hey there is that off chance that it all works out great:)

@Topshotz357

Lol sorry is at an eye sore? I can not use red text if it bothers people.

@Jinx

Don't get me wrong, you make very valid points and your concerns are fair. I'm pretty confident in the developers though that they'll compensate for issues; that's why we'll be doing an open beta phase (unless that has changed?). I'm sure when coming up with this game concept, that was among their first concerns that arose.

Edited by Valtorix