Calico

Conservative Solidarity Party

Well, Frank got me thinking, if I weren't a member of the Luprano Family, I would create the Conservative Solidarity Party. The Party would hold traditional conservative values i.e pro-life, nationalism, patriotism, pro-capitalism, pro-death penalty, pro-gun etc. A gray area would be the topic of gay marriage. We would believe in the right to marry who you'd like, (may it be a fucking leg of a chair) with certain limitations in the process as well as the marriage itself. The Party supports a democratic republic system. Not sure if there are too many differences with our party and the Conservative Coalition Party but oh well.

This will only be relevant if I were to leave the life of crime, (unlikely) but this was definitely fun to make.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2016 at 10:54 PM, Calico said:

Well, Frank got me thinking, if I weren't a member of the Luprano Family, I would create the Conservative Solidarity Party. The Party would hold traditional conservative values i.e pro-life, nationalism, patriotism, pro-capitalism, pro-death penalty, pro-gun etc. A gray area would be the topic of gay marriage. We would believe in the right to marry who you'd like, (may it be a fucking leg of a chair) with certain limitations in the process as well as the marriage itself. The Party supports a democratic republic system. Not sure if there are too many differences with our party and the Conservative Coalition Party but oh well.

This will only be relevant if I were to leave the life of crime, (unlikely) but this was definitely fun to make.

why certain limitations to gay marriage tho?

On 7/10/2017 at 3:47 PM, qwerty1029 said:

If a church refuses to serve a gay couple I would respect that decision, and the gay couple couldn't do anything about it. That's pretty much it.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 6:47 PM, qwerty1029 said:

By forcing a church to marry a gay couple then you would be ignoring their right to practice their own religion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, yellowhero12 said:

By forcing a church to marry a gay couple then you would be ignoring their right to practice their own religion.

Exactly

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 11:10 AM, Calico said:

If a church refuses to serve a gay couple I would respect that decision, and the gay couple couldn't do anything about it. That's pretty much it.

ok fair enough but im pretty sure the game wouldn't have the church involved with marriage officially. So like maybe there would be an rp wedding and they could technically refuse that but the marriage would still happen anyways.

17 minutes ago, qwerty1029 said:

ok fair enough but im pretty sure the game wouldn't have the church involved with marriage officially. So like maybe there would be an rp wedding and they could technically refuse that but the marriage would still happen anyways.

I don't even know if they'll have churches in game. My point was just an example of a limitation to gay marriage.

5 minutes ago, Calico said:

I don't even know if they'll have churches in game. My point was just an example of a limitation to gay marriage.

Also i hope you realize that the same thing can and should apply to straight couples if that is actually implemented

10 minutes ago, qwerty1029 said:

Also i hope you realize that the same thing can and should apply to straight couples if that is actually implemented

They wouldn't have a reason to based on sexuality. The church views homosexuality as a sin, not heterosexual behavior. 

If there was some company dedicated to servicing gay marriages and denied services to a straight couple then yeah, they have the right to do that. I'm not a hypocrite.

5 minutes ago, Calico said:

They wouldn't have a reason to based on sexuality. The church views homosexuality as a sin, not heterosexual behavior. 

If there was some company dedicated to servicing gay marriages and denied services to a straight couple then yeah, they have the right to do that. I'm not a hypocrite.

ok good.