DrivenMuffin

Corporations in Identity [Suggestions]

So in regards to the thread created here: 

I thought it would be appropriate to make a thread for suggestions on new classes so I guess I will start.

I am not sure if these classes are the only actual predetermined options someone can make their company, but assuming that is the case, classes should be generalized to fit the owner's creativity. I believe the class system should be restructured like so to represent what an economy would run like in a mixed economy. Again,  I understand that this is a first-look at what corporations will look like and yes it is a hard copy which is why its a good idea to discuss :D

Service Business:

A general class involving servicing clients with a contract-based feature that will allow owner's to quote an order for essentially anything a customer wants and then both parties would approve of the agreement.

An example of these services could be delivering 5 crates of shirts from point A to point B or having a car repaired in a body shop. While on the opposite spectrum, orders can be made for accounting firms and law firms as well.

Merchandising Business:

This will be the most common type of business in Identity and is the foundation of any economy. The method of buying and selling products higher than their purchases costs to turn a profit is what this type of business is all about. 

Examples of these include: Convenience stores, resellers, or car dealerships.

Manufacturing Business:

This type of company will have the intention of making new products to showcase on the market, and will sell to merchandising businesses in bulk to get money faster but also because it is very cheap for them to manufacture the product the more they make. 

Hybrid Businesses:

Of course not every business are classified under one specific branch. Many companies join two channels of distribution into one in order to work more efficiently to produce a final product / service.

Examples of these are restaurants where they manufacture food and sell it as a meal to consumers.

As one can see these channels of distribution set each other up for a great-looking and proven economy that runs smoothly. I am interested to see if different types of forms of business ownership will be introduced, or if corporations are the only option. If so, how would you all like to see it play out? Do you think adding sole proprietorship, partnership, etc. as options will be beneficial? 

Thanks for reading!

• Like 3

My whole plans for this game revolves around this 'corporation system'. One thing that got me interested most when reading "Identity Insider #1", was the statement; 'They have the added ability of owning assets and issuing work orders to their real-player employees.'. Issuing a work order? That must mean there are unique game mechanics just for manufacturers. Interesting. 

I like what you have listed, but I personally think any careers that real players can pursue were covered with the original four (Delivery, Legal, Transportation and Manufacturing). Furthermore, we, the leaders in corporation creation, can design and create our own in-game logo! Incredible! And a telephone number. I am getting that feeling of hype that I haven't experienced since I first started day dreaming about what is game will become.

But keep the ideas coming, what we suggest now might be implemented into the game!

I'm so excited that the devs are talking to us again! :)  

• Like 2

I'm just hoping there will be an illegal equivalent of Corporations, being able to run a crime syndicate and getting special connections for certain contraband or services and expanding your influence! Being able to send out work orders and all that kind of stuff, would be really cool. 

8 hours ago, MrPsychedelic said:

I'm just hoping there will be an illegal equivalent of Corporations, being able to run a crime syndicate and getting special connections for certain contraband or services and expanding your influence! Being able to send out work orders and all that kind of stuff, would be really cool. 

So i guess you mean have a like store front underground illegal business?

If so then that would be a fantastic feature.

Edited by JamesLuck01

Yeah definitely but less stable and can be taken down by Police if connections are cut off or you are found out maybe. But to give some bigger goals for people who have already made a bit of cash doing more person to person illegal jobs and want to move up to group jobs and to broaden their illegal options. ;) Like maybe once you get a certain amount of illegal money or get a certain reputation for illegal activities you'll get a anonymous text that lets you know of more opportunities in the illegal trade and it would cost you $x to set up a meeting to get you into the business. Would add more depth to the criminal element. :)

Foodstuffs Corporation

Foodstuffs corporations give their employees access to a wider variety of product types , also give unique reciple for food crafting.

i dont like too much the idea of a hybrid corporation, why because then one person could hold and distribute to its emplyess licenses for heavy machinery and manufacturing for example, making people all just make hybrid companies, unless they were negotiated with the admins so it would hold specific combinations of licenses. I think for that there should be conglomerates(like in eve), small companies joining together and making one bigger impact in the world.

also i think in rp, companies could be good and bad for criminal. they could be a front for criminal activities( pablo escobar like ;p) and bad because if you do criminal stuff inside of companies but dont hide your activities properly the players rping the police can catch you pretty fast. I imagine that most people are gonna put people on diferent companies or conglomerates, and people from different groups are gonna meet up and do bank robbery or even drug plantations. also i hope most jobs give licenses so people can get hardware needed for licit and illicit jobs.

also pmcs, people love guns, so why not? of course there are gonna be criminals, and some people are gonna need protection. or at least some people are gonna get shot ;p . Maybe in that it would be like, people would need to rp police or military for some time, and then they could say that they are really qualified. 

and another cool idea would be about corporation levels, like level 1, a company could make radios or cheap electronics, level 2 would be washing machines and scientific calculators, and level 3 would be pcs and all the rest, maybe even a 4 for server farms or encryption systems(so police in game couldnt read your chat even with a warrant). the same could go for everything, cabs -> vans -> trucks, knife -> pistol -> smg -> assault rifles

i was thinking of something else too related to corporations. but i cant remember. now i am thinking of tax fraud, maybe it can be a part, where theres a chance for you to get more money easily but if you lose in that chance you can lose all your money, idk how it works irl.

;;;;;;;
ps. there should be construction companies for building houses and  bigger stuff, also companies for logging and plantations.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:11 PM, huizizek said:

i dont like too much the idea of a hybrid corporation, why because then one person could hold and distribute to its emplyess licenses for heavy machinery and manufacturing for example, making people all just make hybrid companies, unless they were negotiated with the admins so it would hold specific combinations of licenses. I think for that there should be conglomerates(like in eve), small companies joining together and making one bigger impact in the world.

also i think in rp, companies could be good and bad for criminal. they could be a front for criminal activities( pablo escobar like ;p) and bad because if you do criminal stuff inside of companies but dont hide your activities properly the players rping the police can catch you pretty fast. I imagine that most people are gonna put people on diferent companies or conglomerates, and people from different groups are gonna meet up and do bank robbery or even drug plantations. also i hope most jobs give licenses so people can get hardware needed for licit and illicit jobs.

also pmcs, people love guns, so why not? of course there are gonna be criminals, and some people are gonna need protection. or at least some people are gonna get shot ;p . Maybe in that it would be like, people would need to rp police or military for some time, and then they could say that they are really qualified. 

and another cool idea would be about corporation levels, like level 1, a company could make radios or cheap electronics, level 2 would be washing machines and scientific calculators, and level 3 would be pcs and all the rest, maybe even a 4 for server farms or encryption systems(so police in game couldnt read your chat even with a warrant). the same could go for everything, cabs -> vans -> trucks, knife -> pistol -> smg -> assault rifles

i was thinking of something else too related to corporations. but i cant remember. now i am thinking of tax fraud, maybe it can be a part, where theres a chance for you to get more money easily but if you lose in that chance you can lose all your money, idk how it works irl.

;;;;;;;
ps. there should be construction companies for building houses and  bigger stuff, also companies for logging and plantations.

Well monopolies and many businesses in reality have a hybrid corporation in order to increase efficiency, provide the public with the most competitive prices, as well as of course increasing revenue for the company thus helping the economy. If more and more businesses realize that making a hybrid business is a better plan model than another specific type, then prices for products and services being supplied by these companies will be reduced for consumers due to the fact that there is competitive pricing in the market.

Just like in the industrial age of the United States, governments and the populace will be able to regulate the power of these companies through unions and licenses / increased taxation for company owners. Overall, the increase of hybrid companies would essentially provide more working opportunity, generate revenue from outside of the world of Identity with other nations, as well as providing more funds to the government to share with others that require it. 

I like your idea of a somewhat tiered system of corporations. Having preset expansion levels would allow companies to employ more and more people, while also progressively increasing work space, etc. Tiered systems could cost a specific amount of cash, employees, and maybe even a game mechanic called market share or reputation score. All three of these values could be combined to evaluate if a company is qualified to upgrade to a new tier. New tiers could provide perks as listed above and also may reduce expenses because of specialization and improved efficiency.

There is definitely a lot of things to design for the game and I am interested into what route they take. Hopefully the steps they make will allow us to role play with freedom as much as possible while also retaining an enjoyable, ever-evolving, and challenging business world. 

Cheers,

On 11/8/2016 at 11:45 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

So i guess you mean have a like store front underground illegal business?

If so then that would be a fantastic feature.

This is what gangs are for. Or at least that's what they were called in the life mods.