Sign in to follow this  
Frank

Food Service

This post is in response to the insider post about businesses that asked for ideas. I recently read on the official identity twitter that they will probably not be restaurants in identity. While I understand that it would be hard to implement a sit down restaurant with waiters and stuff, I think there should be the ability to atleast open up cafes and bars. 

There would be either a legit player behind the counter or a npc that you would interact with to get food or drink and then sit down at the bar or a table table to eat it. Perhaps the rent in these establishments would be less and they would typically be small because it is a little hard to make alot of money from a cafe or bar unless its in a really busy place. However i think a lot of people want them and also I really want to open a few and use them as fronts for my other "business" and I would love if some had a back room to conduct this "business". It would be cool if we could design the sign out front and maybe be able to customize the interior abit!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Frank said:

This post is in response to the insider post about businesses that asked for ideas. I recently read on the official identity twitter that they will probably not be restaurants in identity. While I understand that it would be hard to implement a sit down restaurant with waiters and stuff, I think there should be the ability to atleast open up cafes and bars. 

There would be either a legit player behind the counter or a npc that you would interact with to get food or drink and then sit down at the bar or a table table to eat it. Perhaps the rent in these establishments would be less and they would typically be small because it is a little hard to make alot of money from a cafe or bar unless its in a really busy place. However i think a lot of people want them and also I really want to open a few and use them as fronts for my other "business" and I would love if some had a back room to conduct this "business". It would be cool if we could design the sign out front and maybe be able to customize the interior abit!

Depends if they are implementing hunger or not, if not then nobody will need to ever go in a restaurant.

23 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Depends if they are implementing hunger or not, if not then nobody will need to ever go in a restaurant.

Well if not hunger food could restore health or boost strength or something like that. Regardless, player run or not, they will have some form of food consumption. A hyper realistic role playing game such as identity must have food.

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Well if not hunger food could restore health or boost strength or something like that. Regardless, player run or not, they will have some form of food consumption. A hyper realistic role playing game such as identity must have food.

would be cool

21 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

I think there will be cafe/ restaurants but not player Owned as because the demand for food will be high and if they were player owned then how would players get there food when they are closed? So instead they will be only non player owned cafe's and restaurants if hunger is implemented.

(I think its a feature they will have as it is more or less a life simulator in a lot of ways. Also I read the above somewhere, i think on twitter but is also my opinion)

9 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I think there will be cafe/ restaurants but not player Owned as because the demand for food will be high and if they were player owned then how would players get there food when they are closed? So instead they will be only non player owned cafe's and restaurants if hunger is implemented.

(I think its a feature they will have as it is more or less a life simulator in a lot of ways. Also I read the above somewhere, i think on twitter but is also my opinion)

Well there could be both player and non player owned. Plus, because not many people want to serve food, when you open a store you could just have a simple npc standing behind the counter which customers could interact with 24/7.

• Like 1

I heard that it would mainly be like fast food restaurants where you interact with a menu and get your food in your inventory. I too would like to see small cafes where i can sit down.

just another question: does anyone know how much food a character will need to not get hungry (obviously you'll just lose some of your stats when not eating anything because of human can survive weeks without food)?

To answer a few of the questions here, there is a large variety of standard food items you'll find in cafes and restaurants, as well as player-made food. Different sorts of food and drink will "fill" you up more than others and faster. Some may even have side-effects. Generally, good player-created food will be the most efficient for consumption.

You'll also be able to create your own bars, cafes and restaurants. I'm not sure how lucrative they'll be to own, but a player food-place could turn into a good social point.

There will be three places in the Town square module that you can sample food and alcohol: there's a bar/lounge in the hotel, a cafe as well as the cinema.

As for the questions concerning a hunger mechanic, there is such a system although you can't die from starvation. There will be some penalties, though. Food consumption won't be forced upon you enough to be an annoyance, but you'll want to grab a bite here and there.

• Like 12