So I was thinking it might be kinda hard to start up a new company for some people when there might already is a ton of other carpenters out there. Or you might just be a company that wants to tell the world about the fantastic offer you have on fertilizer.

Maybe it would be a idea to have signs, road signs, posters, elektronik posters etc spread around the huge Identity world. You would then be able to rent one of these for a chosen period.

Then there's 2 ways of making the image you want up. 1.: Ingame program for simple text and boxes.. or 2.: you upload a picture you made. Either way you would probably need some kind of moderation of it so you dont end up with 10 posters of dicks. But there's probably some devs out there that knows how this could be implemented best.

This way you would still be able to show the world your company when you are not online and let people know of what you do unique.

What do you all think?

• Like 2

I like the idea of road billboards, which you have to rent from the city to have your company on it. Although, i think it would take up alot of memory from the servers. 

I think it would be a great idea to pay a contracted marketing team to essentially market whatever you are selling for consumers. If it was manufactured lumber, maybe make a 30 second radio commercial and an add on a highway. I think it would be interesting if certain methods of getting your brand name out there were subject to a marketing profession, or any profession for that matter. Only doctors would be able to prescribe certain medication for your bronchitis (or you can try your luck and deal with some hobo in an alley), politicians are able to do a speech after so much funds or votes have been put in their pocket, and a registered taxi driver is able to charge passengers using a meter, rather than a flat rate that unlicensed drivers would have to resort to if they wanted to pursue that career. I believe that all professions should provide a great specialty buff, but the developers will have a hard time balancing all the careers out, so that there is enough people in each profession to sustain the economy.

11 hours ago, QuakIIE said:

So I was thinking it might be kinda hard to start up a new company for some people when there might already is a ton of other carpenters out there. Or you might just be a company that wants to tell the world about the fantastic offer you have on fertilizer.

Maybe it would be a idea to have signs, road signs, posters, elektronik posters etc spread around the huge Identity world. You would then be able to rent one of these for a chosen period.

Then there's 2 ways of making the image you want up. 1.: Ingame program for simple text and boxes.. or 2.: you upload a picture you made. Either way you would probably need some kind of moderation of it so you dont end up with 10 posters of dicks. But there's probably some devs out there that knows how this could be implemented best.

This way you would still be able to show the world your company when you are not online and let people know of what you do unique.

What do you all think?

I think that the internet will be implemented as something you can browse, so maybe you will be able to place adverts to certain websites.

8 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

I like the idea of road billboards, which you have to rent from the city to have your company on it. Although, i think it would take up alot of memory from the servers.

i think that a finite amount of bilbordes plotted around the map with the image quality lowered would be good. at least then they  can controll how much memory is needed

• Like 2

Billboards sound like a really good idea and it would make the world feel a lot more personal and lived in