Hi folks.

For both new and old users alike, the Identity Shop may be a confusing thing. Thus, I have devised this elegant FAQ article, with the aim that I should be able to solve any problem you may have, without you needing to post a help request.

Info for Kickstarter and Old Site backers.

If you purchased your pass on either Kickstarter or the Old Site, then you will need to claim your purchase on this page. In order to do so, you will need to create an Identity Shop account, which logs your backer details, rewards, amount pledged etc.

Q: I'm being asked to create an account when I try to claim my pledge, yet I've already created an account for the forum? What gives?

A: Though it may sound counter-intuitive, your forum account and your Identity Shop account are two wholly different beasts. You will need to create separate accounts for both - however, you can still use the same username/email address.

Q: I have created my Shop account and have inputted my email address into the "Claim" box but no claims have been found? Why?

A: As the little error box already says, this might be because the system auto-claimed your pledge for you when you created your Shop account. This only occurs when your Shop account email address is the same as your Kickstarter/Old Site email address. If you are still receiving this message, yet no claims have been registered on your account, then you may be using the wrong email address. Ensure that your Kickstarter/Old Site email address is the same one you want to use. If problems still, persist, be sure to contact a Moderator who'll be able to help you track down your lost goodies.

Q: What about my exclusive Kickstarter backer's hat?

A: Fear not. Any rewards - including the backer's hat, beta access, free motorbike/apartment etc are all tied to your claim and email address. You will receive them when you get your access key.

Q: I originally pledged $25 in the Kickstarter campaign, yet this price has risen to $30 on the new site. Do I need to contribute a further $5 to receive my rewards

A: Nope, the $5 price bump is simply a short rise in price (caused by inflation and the conversion from Kickstarter's US Dollars to Identity's Canadian Dollars) for new players. You do not need to give any more money to receive your rewards.

Info for Potential/Existing Backers

Thanks for backing the game! Depending on the extent of your pledge, you will receive your rewards upon the launch of the game.

Q: Is there any benefit to backing the game now, rather than buying it at release?

As an exclusive backer, you not only receive nice rewards (depending on your pledge) but also a hefty price reduction, compared to the retail price of Identity upon launch. You also get to support Identity's dev team.

Q: I claimed my pledge - what now?

A: Wait patiently. You will now receive email newsletters from the Identity team informing you of game progress until eventually, you will be sent your access code. Depending on the level of your pledge, this may either be for the beta, or the game's full release.

Q: I donated money for one reward but have decided I now want the tier above it. Can I upgrade?

A: Yes! If you log into your Shop account, you will see that all prices have now been discounted to different degrees, depending on your original pledge. If you want to upgrade, merely pay the difference between the price of your original purchase and the next tier up. E.g. You originally paid $15 but want the $30 pledge. This pledge has now been reduced by $15. Be sure to log in first though!

Q: Where can I track my backer info?

A: On this handy page here: https://www.identityrpg.com/account/view/profile. There, you can access the details of your pledge (including rewards), as well as change important account info, like your password, date of birth or name. Importantly, you can also link your Store account to your Steam account, which will enable you to claim your key upon launch.

You will also be able to opt out of exclusive backer email updates too, if you feel the need. Your shop account can also be linked to your forum account.

Q: I signed in with Facebook but have lost all my items? Where have they gone?

Accounts created via Facebook are different to those created without Facebook. To find your items, be sure to sign in with the correct account.

That's it, folks. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in the comments - I'll be sure to answer them as soon as I can!

Thanks!

Felix

Edited by DrFelixPhD
The post was in need of a 2019 edit.
  • Like 7
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Just wondering if someone can help me, i backed the game back in early 2015 but after reading this post i realise why my log in details wouldnt work so ive made my account again with same Username and Email but what about the donation or my beta access? is there someone that can help me sort this out please.

Thank you, 

Ryan

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Operationz said:

Just wondering if someone can help me, i backed the game back in early 2015 but after reading this post i realise why my log in details wouldnt work so ive made my account again with same Username and Email but what about the donation or my beta access? is there someone that can help me sort this out please.

Thank you, 

Ryan

Hey Operationz, 

If you head over here, you can claim your pledge! If you only made a forum account remember that the main website and forums are 2 different accounts. If you have any issues, please send me a message! :)

Hey i was just wondering if i could get the name "Badger " on my identity account i have had it forever since like 2004 on other games, its my name on the arma 3 asylum life , and its my forum name  . for if you guys really want to come through and give me that name i would love itxD

i made two pledges in one account /email by mistake one was a kickstarter pledge $ 75 and the other was a founder`s pledge  $100 so my account show 2 pledge`s  $175  so my question is can i get one pledge transferred to my brother`s  account /email 

Hello from Greece.As you know from the latest political situation here we are under capital control so I have problem making a donation from my PayPal acount. Is there any other way around? Thanks in advance 

On 2016-2-2 at 9:52 PM, Gibber said:

i made two pledges in one account /email by mistake one was a kickstarter pledge $ 75 and the other was a founder`s pledge  $100 so my account show 2 pledge`s  $175  so my question is can i get one pledge transferred to my brother`s  account /email 

Im sorry your post got lost, is this issue resolved?

On 2016-2-28 at 1:36 PM, stevesanders said:

Hello from Greece.As you know from the latest political situation here we are under capital control so I have problem making a donation from my PayPal acount. Is there any other way around? Thanks in advance 

I'm sorry, but at the moment you are not able to

6 minutes ago, Tymberlejk said:

How can I change rank? It's Citizen now.

You can change rank by going in the shop and clicking the rank you want to be and,since you already had purchased a rank, you'll spend [amount of money of the rank you want to be] - [amount of money of your current rank].

Just do the same process you used for buying the citizen rank,also you can't downgrade to a different rank...just upgrade or stay the same.

19 minutes ago, ElCondor said:

You can change rank by going in the shop and clicking the rank you want to be and,since you already had purchased a rank, you'll spend [amount of money of the rank you want to be] - [amount of money of your current rank].

Just do the same process you used for buying the citizen rank,also you can't downgrade to a different rank...just upgrade or stay the same.

Okay, so how can I change my reputation rank? I must have a specific amount of likes (please like)?

Edited by Tymberlejk
LIKE!!
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2016 at 4:36 PM, Tymberlejk said:

Okay, so how can I change my reputation rank? I must have a specific amount of likes (please like)?

I tought you wanted to know the rank of the game....sorry.

For advancing your in-forum rank you need to post a lot (I don't know the specific amount).

Edited by ElCondor

On 02/03/2016 at 3:36 PM, Tymberlejk said:

Immigrant: 0 posts

Citizen: 10 posts

Farmer: 50 posts

Mugger: 100 posts

probably at 200 posts is a new rank.

Hello to all. Just to be sure. If i buy for 30USD$ i can get in the Beta right?

If so, is the Beta up or, sorry im new to this

On 04/08/2016 at 6:47 PM, Shanthez said:

Hello to all. Just to be sure. If i buy for 30USD$ i can get in the Beta right?

If so, is the Beta up or, sorry im new to this

Yes you will get in the modules and the beta when pledged $30 or over. No the beta and modules are not here yet.

This Town Square module that is coming out. Is it the beta? Or is it the first installment of the game? I guess what I'm asking is, will the 15$ pledge get me in to the town square module when it is released?

4 hours ago, gremmelkid said:

This Town Square module that is coming out. Is it the beta? Or is it the first installment of the game? I guess what I'm asking is, will the 15$ pledge get me in to the town square module when it is released?

The Town Square is not the beta, it is simply a social piece of the game that includes the cinema, karaoke bar, house customization and more. You will need to pledge $30 or more in order to get access to the town square as well as the other modules and the beta when they are available.

Is it possible for me to change my username to LuciousTimes ...my name? Players are getting confused on who I am!

Sorry to bump this somewhat old topic but after todays e-mail, I have to ask... Has there been any progression on donating more money in order to get a higher tier?  For example, I am a founder but I don't want to be homeless.  Before the Town Square is complete, will we be able to add to our pledge to get a higher tier?  Or, are things still the same as the original post?

1 hour ago, Andrea said:

Sorry to bump this somewhat old topic but after todays e-mail, I have to ask... Has there been any progression on donating more money in order to get a higher tier?  For example, I am a founder but I don't want to be homeless.  Before the Town Square is complete, will we be able to add to our pledge to get a higher tier?  Or, are things still the same as the original post?

It is that you can upgrade your pledge as of before the TS module releases as most of the pledges will have been removed. You will only have to upgrade with the difference of your pledge, so you have the $30 package, for the upgrade it will be $60 and so fourth.

1 hour ago, nergalebraham said:

i just found out about this game today and was wondering if theres an early release version of it? 

The 1st Module (Town Square) is being finished as we speak and will be out/ released in the coming months. No ETA on it but it will be done soon.

There are 3  modules, these modules are considered Alpha and they are the Town Square Module which is a social module. The S.w.a.t. module, is a competitive type module (cops vs robbers) and the final module will be the racing module. Shortly after the 3rd module releases the game will go into BETA before release. You need to pledge $30 or more to be able to play the Modules and Beta.

• Like 2