Frank

Good pistol variety

I hope there is a good variety in types of pistols in the game. Since full auto long weapons will be hard to obtain, most shootings will be done with pistols. Therefore, it would be nice if the devs put many different kinds. For example, several different 9mms, a .38 revolver, a .40 handgun, a couple .45s and some Magnum calibre types of pistols. That way not everyone is running around with the same generic 9mm pistol.

The higher the calibre, the higher the cost of the gun/ammo and damage it does, but regardless every pistol will kill with one headshot. So in some instances in which you want to do a quick hit, and then get rid of the gun, a 6 shot .38 revolver makes sense. For a cops gun, or a bodyguards gun, a more expensive .40 or .45 option with decent capacity would be nice. 

*Btw idk why Everytime I post something, it posts twice, so I guess a moderator will delete one post.

Edited by Frank

1 hour ago, Frank said:

*Btw idk why Everytime I post something, it posts twice, so I guess a moderator will delete one post.

Edited 1 hour ago by Frank

This happens when you click submit but takes too long and so you hit it again usually/ always.

I doubt that the developers are not going to put a variety of pistols in the game because it would be stupid not to. I think this maybe a general post but on the other hand, I am sure a gun variety has been mentioned before anyways in ideas and suggestions.

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

This happens when you click submit but takes too long and so you hit it again usually/ always.

I doubt that the developers are not going to put a variety of pistols in the game because it would be stupid not to. I think this maybe a general post but on the other hand, I am sure a gun variety has been mentioned before anyways in ideas and suggestions.

I myself made that gun variety post that you are probably referring to. I made another post just to emphasize the importance of pistols. And some game devs only put like two or three pistols in their game. But since the gun fighting will be primarily with pistols I think there should be plenty of variety.

15 hours ago, Frank said:

I myself made that gun variety post that you are probably referring to. I made another post just to emphasize the importance of pistols. And some game devs only put like two or three pistols in their game. But since the gun fighting will be primarily with pistols I think there should be plenty of variety.

Why not just bump your old post instead of re-posting and cluttering the forum more e.g. making  searching more annoying to find the right post.

I agree with you 100% pistols will be the main cheap weapon choice except for melee weapons (which i hope are in the game) if this is like altis life then everyone will have a rook if its like ARMA LIfe everyone will have a glock, i really hope there are a HUGE option for guns and with player customization on guns and vehicles i belive that fream will come true.

10 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Why not just bump your old post instead of re-posting and cluttering the forum more e.g. making  searching more annoying to find the right post.

If you take a look at my old post, it is more of a question about everyone's general opinion on the topic. This one is more of a idea/suggestion so it wouldn't make sense if i went back to that post and edited it or whatever, do you understand what i'm saying?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank said:

@Motown @Paratus

Do you guys have a plan on what kind of pistols will be put in the game?

I can't yet say specifically what pistols will be in Identity. We're still adding some, and may remove others. But there will be a variety of pistols, including revolvers. We want handguns to be more common than any other weapon, with automatic weapons being rare enough that they are typically brought out by gun collectors for special occasions, like federal reserve robberies, or bank heists.

We don't expect that players will be roaming the streets with an AK-47 or M4A1 attached to their backs due to the high risk of losing it. Other players, including cops can see the weapons attached to your hip or back, and the deadlier it is, the more valuable target you are for others.

There won't be any sniper rifles or long range weapon attachments beyond a simple 2x scoped hunting rifle. Expect gunfights to be close quarters.

Shotguns are also included. Our ballistics model is pretty cool, and these weapons will quickly become a favorite for those who can afford to carry them.

The whole idea is to keep things realistic. Ask yourself what you'd expect to see in real life when encountering a person with a firearm. You certainly wouldn't expect to see a Thompson Sub-machine gun, or a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

What kind of handguns do you think are most commonly carried in modern day United States?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Motown said:

I can't yet say specifically what pistols will be in Identity. We're still adding some, and may remove others. But there will be a variety of pistols, including revolvers. We want handguns to be more common than any other weapon, with automatic weapons being rare enough that they are typically brought out by gun collectors for special occasions, like federal reserve robberies, or bank heists.

We don't expect that players will be roaming the streets with an AK-47 or M4A1 attached to their backs due to the high risk of losing it. Other players, including cops can see the weapons attached to your hip or back, and the deadlier it is, the more valuable target you are for others.

There won't be any sniper rifles or long range weapon attachments beyond a simple 2x scoped hunting rifle. Expect gunfights to be close quarters.

Shotguns are also included. Our ballistics model is pretty cool, and these weapons will quickly become a favorite for those who can afford to carry them.

The whole idea is to keep things realistic. Ask yourself what you'd expect to see in real life when encountering a person with a firearm. You certainly wouldn't expect to see a Thompson Sub-machine gun, or a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

What kind of handguns do you think are most commonly carried in modern day United States?

Nice, sounds good to me! Some common guns in the US that would be cool to see in game would be of course m9's, some variety of a Glock, a S&w m&p series pistol, maybe a p226, an m1911 and a revolver or two maybe one a snub nose .38 and another a Magnum calibre.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Motown said:

Well damn. I was hoping to maybe make an ex military character that was an expert sniper. My heart is saddened now.

On 22.10.2016 at 5:25 AM, Motown said:

I love sniper rifles but I love realism more than that. Very nice. If you reach that people have a hard time hitting you from distance than i already love you ;) GJ.

On 10/22/2016 at 8:25 PM, Motown said:

Will it be possible to conceal carry certain weapons?

On 10/22/2016 at 10:25 PM, Motown said:

I've carried Cz75s and Glocks, but I'm saving for the mother of all carry guns: The Sig Sauer P229. 

Glocks and Berettas are good choices, as well as M&Ps, SW659s, Kimbers... The list goes on.