lewishead

Town Square Screenshots! [UPDATED APRIL 2017]

5 hours ago, Kalebninja said:

Cut the white knight bullshit, that argument is ridiculous, i dont need to have developed a game myself to criticize. 

You're trying to be a tough guy and put down this game anyway you can. You try and ruin it for anybody else because you're mad you didn't get it already. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kalebninja said:

You're seriously not comparing the development of the biggest AAA game in existence to an indie MMO... Get real compare this to No Mans Sky, a year into Development they already had a nice big trailer with fewer devs working on it at the time, almost 2 years of dev time here and nothing but the concept trailer.

No mans sky had around 15 developers working on it I thought?

I mean not 15 but there is 10 people who developed "No Mans Sky"

Also yes, we have not seen so much that we can give too much credit to them, but they have been working and like someone else said, a lot of them work on different games too and so are not always working on Identity.

Edited by JamesLuck01

To add to that, when Motown isn't working on 3D artwork for Identity, he does answer a lot of questions that are asked on the Identity twitter with some pretty useful information.

18 hours ago, Kalebninja said:

You're seriously not comparing the development of the biggest AAA game in existence to an indie MMO... Get real compare this to No Mans Sky, a year into Development they already had a nice big trailer with fewer devs working on it at the time, almost 2 years of dev time here and nothing but the concept trailer.

Not a great comparison really, not when you consider that 88% of NMS player base quit in the first week & it's launch and reception have been a total disaster.

• Like 3

On 31 August 2016 at 9:39 PM, jabba_the_slut said:

thanks!

the discord you sent isnt valid, dont suppose you could hit me with an updated invite?

Hey Jabba, here is a link: https://discord.gg/nByZX

Everyone who is arguing:

STOP. This forum was made to discuss the game, not hate on it. We don't want a toxic community. If you think it is a scam, leave. No need for unnecessary hate.

-Badger

• Like 4

If these pictures dont convince not even the video will so stop complaining and leave :D Thx have a nice day and delete your system 32 for safety

5 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

If these pictures dont convince not even the video will so stop complaining and leave :D Thx have a nice day and delete your system 32 for safety

That's not the answer. This is the answer:

The truth is that rushing to get Identity out there will not work, this is a small indie company, not Rockstar Games, and they will only get this one chance. The once great bastion of PC gaming, the MMO, is failing rapidly, having devolved into a series of below par games that are largely geared to grabbing as much money as possible with a minimum of effort......the dread Free to Play genre.

Identity could change that, or at least help to stop the rot.

The team at Asylum HAVE to get it right first time, there will be no second chances for these guys. Of course they will make mistakes along the way, they're new at this, and yes there are problems with communication, but give them time, that's what they need the most.

• Like 7

On 9/5/2016 at 9:06 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

No mans sky had around 15 developers working on it I thought?

I mean not 15 but there is 10 people who developed "No Mans Sky"

Also yes, we have not seen so much that we can give too much credit to them, but they have been working and like someone else said, a lot of them work on different games too and so are not always working on Identity.

No Mans Sky was originally a 4 man team for the first year and change i believe.

On 9/5/2016 at 5:38 AM, Jinx said:

Not a great comparison really, not when you consider that 88% of NMS player base quit in the first week & it's launch and reception have been a total disaster.

How is it not a great comparison? both are indie games made by small teams, how are you bringing up NMS launch statistic in a comparison when Identity isnt even close to launching? Im comparing Dev cycles and by a year in NMS had much more done by a smaller team. People liking the game doesnt change how complex and ambitious it was for a an indie dev similar to Identity.

7 hours ago, Kalebninja said:

How is it not a great comparison? both are indie games made by small teams, how are you bringing up NMS launch statistic in a comparison when Identity isnt even close to launching? Im comparing Dev cycles and by a year in NMS had much more done by a smaller team. People liking the game doesnt change how complex and ambitious it was for a an indie dev similar to Identity.

I don't believe it was done like it was advertised. I think they done a quick game to get quick money. it is just exploring and shit, with a generated galaxy which is little work. Yeah it came out, but it was rushed if anything.

On 9/7/2016 at 6:59 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

I don't believe it was done like it was advertised. I think they done a quick game to get quick money. it is just exploring and shit, with a generated galaxy which is little work. Yeah it came out, but it was rushed if anything.

4 years of development and creating advanced procedural generation algorithms isn't some quick cash grab, the fact that you just called what they did little work is wildly ignorant.

4 hours ago, Kalebninja said:

4 years of development and creating advanced procedural generation algorithms isn't some quick cash grab, the fact that you just called what they did little work is wildly ignorant.

I am saying that its quicker than most things you need to code* and no I didn't mean its "quick" to do, its still very hard and time consuming but its quicker to do that than to make every planet themselves. (like star citizen) but obviously they have too many planets to do it all themselves. My point is that it was shown as something great and turned out not as expected. (They over advertised) It was rushed. (not only I think this)

On the topic of No Mans Sky, which inundated us with screenshots, news and 'gameplay'; let's all take a minute to remember the final product. (RIP) 

I've backed, funded, invested (call it what you will) in numerous games in development and the one thing I can almost guarantee - if the community puts enough pressure on DEVs, they either release an unfinished product which will be slated anyway or it gets stuck in the 'Early Access' stage and the updates become less and less frequent and the community, ironically, get pissed. 

Catch 22. 

However, I do agree that a monthly blog post/forum update would go a long way to keep people happy and excited. Myself included. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2016 at 4:33 PM, Kalebninja said:

Actually, you decided to bring up the comparison, not I. It's pretty simple I think but seeing as you don't really seem to understand I'll make it plain. No Mans Sky is the ultimate example of what happens when an indie company has to bow to pressure to get a game out..........the gamer's (that's us in case you don't realise) end up with an unfinished product, that simply is not the game that was advertised, and the company end up with a title that bombs. Nobody wants that for Identity (well apart from you obviously).

I might have the solution why doesnt HairyGrenade do the blog since he talks to them like nearly everyday. He should just bullet point the new updates and at the end of every month a blog talking about the months work. Like that makes so much sense and it will require only a couple of mins each week nothing much only Hairy if he has the time OR James could do these :)

1 hour ago, LionKingGamer said:

I might have the solution why doesnt HairyGrenade do the blog since he talks to them like nearly everyday. He should just bullet point the new updates and at the end of every month a blog talking about the months work. Like that makes so much sense and it will require only a couple of mins each week nothing much only Hairy if he has the time OR James could do these :)

I'm not given more updates than everyone else on the forum though, I pretty much know as much as everyone else.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

Oh well my solution could work but idk

Hairy is a moderator not a developer.....

1 hour ago, LionKingGamer said:

Oh well my solution could work but idk

Im not a moderator nor a developer. I just get info quickly. I know as much as I give and I pretty much know nothing about the progress of the town square other than what everyone knows on the forum.

On 9/2/2016 at 3:39 PM, Miki_Chee said:

<3 haha you funny. 

And Kale have you done 3d game development before? or do you just sit there tugging away at your pc playing games?

i am nutral on this, but fair point we need to be updated more, to keep all intrested, was bit of a unfair comment about "have you done 3d game development before?" etc, just as a sub note, i have built the whole of Storybrooke from ABC once upon a Time , and that only took a year so , if you have a good devs team yes you could build a City or even a world in 3d, but the devs team need to keep us who have backed this updated, like Planet Coaster , always keep the backers in the know :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

Hairy is a moderator not a developer.....

Yes, but I do have direct contact with the developers so I guess they could provide me with everything to work on a dev blog.

• Like 2

Anyone else realize that the people who are constantly defending the lack of updates keep switching the argument to "dont rush the devs"?.. Its really annoying because everyone agrees and a handful of people just want to spark conflict. Only a couple of you are actually thinking of solutions. Why don't we have a poll on this blog thing? why don't we work on having the ability to get involved with development? It's ridiculous to respond to someone asking for an update with "have you done 3d game development before?" I know we're not all adults here, but can we act like it? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Acen68 said:

i am nutral on this, but fair point we need to be updated more, to keep all intrested, was bit of a unfair comment about "have you done 3d game development before?" etc, just as a sub note, i have built the whole of Storybrooke from ABC once upon a Time , and that only took a year so , if you have a good devs team yes you could build a City or even a world in 3d, but the devs team need to keep us who have backed this updated, like Planet Coaster , always keep the backers in the know :)

I love OUAT! Can you PM me some screenshots please? I'd really like to see it :D