lewishead

Town Square Screenshots! [UPDATED APRIL 2017]

127 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

Nice Work To The Devs!

It really looks like it's coming along really nice from when I first seen it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Motown said:

Hey guys, I'm really happy about how excited you all are to see these screenshots of the Town Square. They're just meant to be a little something to show you guys how progress is going for that module! You might remember the first screenshot of this location that we published back in may, and will notice that the square has been completely rebuilt from that original version!

28gyzkl.jpg

I like it a lot! It looks a lot more... I guess home feeling? I don't know the word but it looks fantastic!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Motown Since May 2015, the Town Square module was promised for release in the first quarter of 2016. It is now the third quarter, when will we be able to play in the module? Based on the progress of the development, I'm guessing a realistic release date would be 2018.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sicario said:

@Motown Since May 2015, the Town Square module was promised for release in the first quarter of 2016. It is now the third quarter, when will we be able to play in the module? Based on the progress of the development, I'm guessing a realistic release date would be 2018.

A while back he then said that he shouldn't have stated such a thing if he didn't know it would be done by then. People say things, stuff takes longer than expected, and development changes over time. It will be done when they say it is, no rush as it would make things sloppy. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

A while back he then said that he shouldn't have stated such a thing if he didn't know it would be done by then. People say things, stuff takes longer than expected, and development changes over time. It will be done when they say it is, no rush as it would make things sloppy. 

I think the current pace is fine. In a year they've made an island, buildings, character models and much more. With just a small team and under 200,000 dollars. They've made terrific progress 

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for this game to launch one day. I got my pass on the old kick starter and eagerly awaiting.

This looks fantastic btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2016 at 7:18 AM, HairyGrenade said:

A while back he then said that he shouldn't have stated such a thing if he didn't know it would be done by then. People say things, stuff takes longer than expected, and development changes over time. It will be done when they say it is, no rush as it would make things sloppy. 

I'm not saying rush things, I don't want a sloppy game. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2016 at 3:29 PM, Cornholio said:

I think the current pace is fine. In a year they've made an island, buildings, character models and much more. With just a small team and under 200,000 dollars. They've made terrific progress 

No, in a year we've seen some buildings, and models. we have absolutely no idea what the rest of the islands progress looks like or even what the rest of this town looks like, you're giving them too much credit for progress we dont even know if they made.

 

As for the screens, buildings look nice, hopefully it's done in the next few months.

Edited by Kalebninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kalebninja said:

No, in a year we've seen some buildings, and models. we have absolutely no idea what the rest of the islands progress looks like or even what the rest of this town looks like, you're giving them too much credit for progress we dont even know if they made.

I want you, right now. To go and try and raise 200,000 dollars with a team of nine while some of them work two jobs and try not to release too much because they still want it to be a surprise. Would you rather be like "Oh wow! That looks awesome!" Or "Yeah.. I seen that already." Game development is hard work. GTA5 was in production since 2008 and was only released in 2013 with nothing shown. And yet people still loved it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cornholio said:

I want you, right now. To go and try and raise 200,000 dollars with a team of nine while some of them work two jobs and try not to release too much because they still want it to be a surprise. Would you rather be like "Oh wow! That looks awesome!" Or "Yeah.. I seen that already." Game development is hard work. GTA5 was in production since 2008 and was only released in 2013 with nothing shown. And yet people still loved it.

<3 haha you funny. 

 

9 hours ago, Kalebninja said:

No, in a year we've seen some buildings, and models. we have absolutely no idea what the rest of the islands progress looks like or even what the rest of this town looks like, you're giving them too much credit for progress we dont even know if they made.

 

As for the screens, buildings look nice, hopefully it's done in the next few months.

And Kale have you done 3d game development before? or do you just sit there tugging away at your pc playing games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2016 at 1:08 AM, Cornholio said:

GTA5 was in production since 2008 and was only released in 2013 with nothing shown. And yet people still loved it.

You're seriously not comparing the development of the biggest AAA game in existence to an indie MMO... Get real compare this to No Mans Sky, a year into Development they already had a nice big trailer with fewer devs working on it at the time, almost 2 years of dev time here and nothing but the concept trailer.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2016 at 10:39 AM, Miki_Chee said:

<3 haha you funny. 

 

And Kale have you done 3d game development before? or do you just sit there tugging away at your pc playing games?

Cut the white knight bullshit, that argument is ridiculous, i dont need to have developed a game myself to criticize. 

Edited by Kalebninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now