Snapy

How would fire fighters extinguish fires?

Assuming that firefighter's will be a career, if there was a fire in a city building, would they have to connect a hose to the fire hydrant to receive water for their task?
And, if there was a fire in the forest, where would they get their water from? This could add-on to my other post regarding illegal parking, if there's a car illegally parked in front of a hydrant and wasn't noticed by a cop yet nor marked for towing and the hydrant needs to be used in that current time since theres a fire ongoing, how would the firefighter handle that illegally parked car?

Coming from a real Fire Dept. backround:

I am not sure, just guesses/suggestions.. As far as a building fire I am sure an extinguisher (whether ABC or water pack) should be enough to put out the fire, bigger fires I would assume a fire hydrant either outside on a close corner or a quick-access hydrant built within the building.

Forest fires... Realistically pending on location you have planes/helicopters dropping a fire-retardant material/controlled burned lines ahead of the fire to have no fuel for the fire to continue/firetrucks.. I assume due to lack of people per server, and for convenience reasons it will be a fire truck? I would assume this fire truck would have unlimited water supply with a realistic 200-250 feet of hose pre-packed on the truck and leave it at that to make it simple. Realistically if using a fire truck you would shuttle water with a portable drop dank of various sizes, due to lack of people I assume this would not be the case.

Hopefully I have answered your questions, of course they are merely guesses since I am just using my real knowledge/sake of ease for the Devs.

I will watch this as I am generally curious too considering I am a real Firefighter :)

• Like 3

On 9/1/2016 at 10:14 PM, Jake said:

Coming from a real Fire Dept. backround:

I am not sure, just guesses/suggestions.. As far as a building fire I am sure an extinguisher (whether ABC or water pack) should be enough to put out the fire, bigger fires I would assume a fire hydrant either outside on a close corner or a quick-access hydrant built within the building.

Forest fires... Realistically pending on location you have planes/helicopters dropping a fire-retardant material/controlled burned lines ahead of the fire to have no fuel for the fire to continue/firetrucks.. I assume due to lack of people per server, and for convenience reasons it will be a fire truck? I would assume this fire truck would have unlimited water supply with a realistic 200-250 feet of hose pre-packed on the truck and leave it at that to make it simple. Realistically if using a fire truck you would shuttle water with a portable drop dank of various sizes, due to lack of people I assume this would not be the case.

Hopefully I have answered your questions, of course they are merely guesses since I am just using my real knowledge/sake of ease for the Devs.

I will watch this as I am generally curious too considering I am a real Firefighter :)

That's awesome! haha. Both the suggestion for the game, and the fact you're a firefighter! But unfortunately the planes/helicopter's that drop a fire-retardant material won't be implemented as there will be no aerial vehicles in the game besides a glider which from my knowledge is in consideration.
And thanks for answering my question!  :)

• Like 2

On 8/18/2016 at 0:34 AM, Snapy said:

Assuming that firefighter's will be a career, if there was a fire in a city building, would they have to connect a hose to the fire hydrant to receive water for their task?
And, if there was a fire in the forest, where would they get their water from? This could add-on to my other post regarding illegal parking, if there's a car illegally parked in front of a hydrant and wasn't noticed by a cop yet nor marked for towing and the hydrant needs to be used in that current time since theres a fire ongoing, how would the firefighter handle that illegally parked car?

To add on, for forest fires its not so much using water but pre burning to stop t from spreading...there really isnt a way to stop the fire other than to cut off its fuel so you draw a line in the sand and take away all the fuel the fire has to burn there and the fire goes out...haha and sadly with there being no Arial vehicles that takes away the fun, as for water we have pools that we use that water is dumped into from ponds if we dont have hydrants which run under pressure (most likely from a water tower) so depending on where your at in the game may depend on how you get your water.  If someone is parked illegally, the fire department has the right to use any means necessary to achieve  that, from using a neighbors pool...to breaking a drivers window to run a hose through the window to the hydrant (that happened before in Cleveland, Ohio where a woman parked in-front of a hydrant and they broke her window to hook up.)

• Like 1

On 8/18/2016 at 6:34 AM, Snapy said:

There's no building fires in the game, only forest fires.

On 2/20/2017 at 5:32 PM, SkinnierSteve said:

There's no building fires in the game, only forest fires.

I know, and it's a real let-down.

• Like 1