Snapy

Will there be an Illegal parking system?

So i have a question (Suggestion if it's not planned for the game). As stated in the title, can the police give you a ticket for parking illegally? For example, parking in front of someone's garage. Or can their vehicle be towed for doing so, if so, Since i know that the game will have tow trucks im wondering if a illegally parked car will be one of the uses for a tow truck. If a vehicle marked for towing manages to change their location to try to not get their car towed, i assume their license plate would be saved so the patrol cops could use an ANPR to find the said car that relocated. Also, to mark a vehicle and make it stay in place i would love to see the cops mark vehicles and make them immobile until the tow truck arrives by locking the wheel so the car can't drive, and the tow truck driver can remove it at any time.

P.S: This would only apply if there even are license plates in the game

Edited by Snapy
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Snapy said:

So i have a question (Suggestion if it's not planned for the game). As state

Can't confirm anything, but I'm sure you can get towed for illegal parking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cstove said:

Can't confirm anything, but I'm sure you can get towed for illegal parking.

Under what circumstances though? E.g. Parking by a fire hydrant, Parking by a garage (Blocking the garage door), etc.

Well from some Arma 3 life servers Ive played on and Some Gmod servers,  I would say no parking infront of fire hydrants, red/no parking zones, private property, and just straight up leaving your car in the road.  I'm sure there will be a government tow truck job where you can tow cars who violate parking rules.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cstove said:

Well from some Arma 3 life servers Ive played on and Some Gmod servers,  I would say no parking infront of fire hydrants, red/no parking zones, private property, and just straight up leaving your car in the road.  I'm sure there will be a government tow truck job where you can tow cars who violate parking rules.

Good. I feel as if it would add more depth to the game's government system, as the player's would get punished for not obeying the law in their current server.

Yes if the car is parked illegally, the police can issue you a ticket and also could get your car impounded.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yes if the car is parked illegally, the police can issue you a ticket and also could get your car impounded.

Awesome, great to hear that

On 8/18/2016 at 11:34 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

So will parking enforcement be a thing? Or will it be all on the PD?

Edited by Doc_Rogers

20 minutes ago, Doc_Rogers said:

So will parking enforcement be a thing? Or will it be all on the PD?

I am sorry, but I have no clue about that one and would like to know myself, did you want to go pop it on twitter?

• Like 1

When a vehicle is parked in an illegal area, such as in front of a hydrant or without paying a parking meter, their vehicle becomes flagged for fining. What this means is that they won't automatically receive a ticket; however, if an officer notices their vehicle they'll have the ability to give the corresponding ticket.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Paratus said:

When a vehicle is parked in an illegal area, such as in front of a hydrant or without paying a parking meter, their vehicle becomes flagged for fining. What this means is that they won't automatically receive a ticket; however, if an officer notices their vehicle they'll have the ability to give the corresponding ticket.

With this level of detail, I can only imagine the amount of bugs we're going to be working to find in the beta :P Keep up the good work

• Like 1

Sorry just saw your reply, I will pop it on Twitter now! :D

On 11/8/2016 at 9:51 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

I am sorry, but I have no clue about that one and would like to know myself, did you want to go pop it on twitter?

i think this should be job for someone that is not PD i thin they will have more other stuff to attend and in reality its mostly not police that is giving parking tickets