JamesLuck01

FAQ Extended (Updated)

50 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Your possessions will go likely and be stored in your Items Bank. However, you likely will be able to buy the house once the house goes back for sale after a period of time for the owner not paying to keep the house.

Thanks James ??

• Like 1

Do you have to pay for a private server if so how much will it cost and how would I go about the development of the server because I want to be able to have my own server. 

Edited by Cameron

9 hours ago, Cameron said:

Do you have to pay for a private server if so how much will it cost and how would I go about the development of the server because I want to be able to have my own server. 

Yes, you must rent a server but private servers and the cost of them is not going to be available until the full game release.

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes, you must rent a server but private servers and the cost of them is not going to be available until the full game release.

hmmm, how would I go about developing the server 

15 minutes ago, Cameron said:

hmmm, how would I go about developing the server 

Do you mean by mods or just normal setting it up?

because if you mean mods: 

Q: Modding Support?
A: We're exploring this as a possibility, but a decision regarding mods likely won't be reached until several years after the full game is out.

And if you mean just setting the private server up, you will get a cpanel when you rent it and you will have that to use.

59 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Do you mean by mods or just normal setting it up?

because if you mean mods: 

Q: Modding Support?
A: We're exploring this as a possibility, but a decision regarding mods likely won't be reached until several years after the full game is out.

And if you mean just setting the private server up, you will get a cpanel when you rent it and you will have that to use.

ok thanks 

• Like 1

Will all the servers be synced with the same character stats?

Edited by ViggoCS

On 23/04/2018 at 5:01 AM, ViggoCS said:

Will all the servers be synced with the same character stats?

In The modules, yes, In Beta you will have to recreate the character as it won't transfer from the modules and from Beta to release your character won't transfer. For the full game release, if you create a character on an official server then it can transfer between other Official servers but not from a Official to private or Private to Official or Private to Private server. If you need more details, please visit 

as there are a lot of updated / new answers.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

4 hours ago, TylerJones said:

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/18/1/1525111161-screenshot-20180430-195515.jpg

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/18/1/1525111161-screenshot-20180428-132050.jpg

Hello, here is two screenshots of development tasks took in different days and i see no change. Can someone explain me how come ?

Hey there, so. Firstly the devs are not always going to be in the office every weekend as their normal hours only include 9am till 5pm EST/EDT from Monday till Friday. This is the reason why the 2 days were not updated, however here you go, as community member made a spreadsheet to keep everyone updated on the progress made from the tracker.: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HE14PqMDiLEVKomb7ZC9sQYyQQ6M3vZcCTs7idZjDQY/edit#gid=0

Will this game be fully run off steam? What happens if you already have a passport? Or will the game just have servers through steam? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, LionWolf said:

Will this game be fully run off steam? What happens if you already have a passport? Or will the game just have servers through steam? 

Cheers

1. Yes it will be connected to steam. 

2. You will get a steam key via email when the either the 1st Module releases or when the full game comes out. This depends whether you pledged $15 or $30+ If you pledged $30 or more then you will get the steam key when the 1st Module is available, otherwise if you only pledged $15 then you will get the game at full release.

Also when the steam key is sent to you via email, you will also see the key in your store account's profile.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

LuckyDuck.

• Like 1

Thanks for that mate I love how you guys answer all questions its refreshing, since money will be realistic and prices of things etc will be as well, I'm trying to figure out if its worth it doing the $100 pledge and having the studio apartment etc with the motorbike since an apartment will be very expensive, also with these pledge bonuses are they always with your account no matter what public server you go to? I assume in a private server you won't obviously have the pledge items?

Cheers

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LionWolf said:

Thanks for that mate I love how you guys answer all questions its refreshing, since money will be realistic and prices of things etc will be as well, I'm trying to figure out if its worth it doing the $100 pledge and having the studio apartment etc with the motorbike since an apartment will be very expensive, also with these pledge bonuses are they always with your account no matter what public server you go to? I assume in a private server you won't obviously have the pledge items?

Cheers

Yes. No matter what server you are on, pledge rewards are always there. In Town Square, you will be able to claim your apartment/anything else, but pledge vehicles are not going to be able to be driven in Town Square. Also, basic apartments will be free in Town Square, but apartments from packages will be able to be claimed:)

"My word of advice would be to wait until you see other players checking out Town Square if you're on the fence! The prices will remain the same for about a week once the new website goes up (which will likely be launched close to the Module's release). You'll still be able to purchase Module Access once the new shop is updated completely too, although if you wait too long it'll be a little more expensive. It's still better to make an informed purchase rather than panic buy, so definitely stay tuned for more information and content regarding Town Square!" - Beach_Ball, 2018.

Edited by subway244

2 hours ago, LionWolf said:

Cheers

No Problem! Your pledge items are locked with your account indeed and will be with you on the Official servers. The rewards will also go with you on private servers too. It is totally up to you really if you pledge so high; however if you want to start with a small head-start/ a home then getting a pledge with an apartment would be a ideal choice!

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Thanks for the answers Subway and LuckyDuck I really appreciate it guys. Its still hard to figure out of its worth it pledging for a studio apartment cause the new pledge prices will change before we get to see the apartments in the town square module and I'm not sure how hard it will be to buy an apartment in game with how much money you can earn in-game So with the new shop, apart from the prices rising before the release of the Town Square module will there be new pledges with new rewards or not? And with the $1,000 cash I assume that any items or things you buy wont transfer between Official servers or will they? 

Cheers

Edited by LionWolf
another question

1 hour ago, LionWolf said:

Thanks for the answers Subway and LuckyDuck I really appreciate it guys. Its still hard to figure out of its worth it pledging for a studio apartment cause the new pledge prices will change before we get to see the apartments in the town square module and I'm not sure how hard it will be to buy an apartment in game with how much money you can earn in-game So with the new shop, apart from the prices rising before the release of the Town Square module will there be new pledges with new rewards or not? And with the $1,000 cash I assume that any items or things you buy wont transfer between Official servers or will they? 

Cheers

First off, there is no currency at all in the Town Square. So even if you bought the basic $30 package, you will still get an apartment, just not one like the ones included in other packages. I believe that items from Town Square (like paintings, books, etc.) will transfer once the full game is out, but I'm not sure on that one, so LuckyDuck will have to confirm that. However, most pledge rewards will be removed once the new website is up and running and once Town Square is released. Like Beach_Ball and I said, wait until TS comes out and then decide if it is worth it.

Also, all pledge rewards can be claimed on any server, public or private, ergo, you will always start out with however much money you got in the pledge item. If you are wondering about transferred progress in the full game, like inventory/owned items and in-game bought apartments, they will transfer between official servers ONLY. However, houses will not transfer.

Edited by subway244
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Okay thats great to know then,  can people steal your pledge item or destroy it? like your rusted car or bike?  I know I read something about insurance for it. And by the way with driving will there be speed limits and speed cameras etc? Also can you store guns and items in your studio apartment? And if I say bought the $60 pledge but wanted to upgrade once we saw town square etc is that possible? Cause I heard it will be individual items instead of packages once the new website is launched

Cheers

Edited by LionWolf

For the first part, I do not know hardly anything about that, but from what I have heard, pledge cars are account bound and cannot be sold, so if I had to guess they would not be permanently destroyed on your specific server, but do not take what I said there as fact.

Yes there will be speed limits on all the roads, and they will vary. On certain roads there will be speed cameras, but not on all. For example, a busy city block or a town square would have speed cameras. (Not the 'Town Square' module, an actual in-game town square.)

I do believe you can store guns in your apartment, yes.

For the last one I am very unsure. I will not give an answer, because I would hate to provide the wrong information. You can message Beach_Ball on that one.

Edited by subway244

On 12/05/2018 at 5:05 AM, subway244 said:

I believe that items from Town Square (like paintings, books, etc.) will transfer once the full game is out, but I'm not sure on that one, so LuckyDuck will have to confirm that.

They won't transfer as far as I know, I know only the phone contacts will transfer.

On 12/05/2018 at 5:32 AM, LionWolf said:

Okay thats great to know then,  can people steal your pledge item or destroy it? like your rusted car or bike?  I know I read something about insurance for it. And by the way with driving will there be speed limits and speed cameras etc? Also can you store guns and items in your studio apartment? And if I say bought the $60 pledge but wanted to upgrade once we saw town square etc is that possible? Cause I heard it will be individual items instead of packages once the new website is launched.

Cheers

On 12/05/2018 at 8:46 PM, subway244 said:

For the first part, I do not know hardly anything about that, but from what I have heard, pledge cars are account bound and cannot be sold, so if I had to guess they would not be permanently destroyed on your specific server, but do not take what I said there as fact.

Pledge vehicles are account bound indeed and they won't be permanently destroyed, however, when they get destroyed/ damaged/ unusable then you have to wait before you can claim it back with the car insurance.

Yes, after 1 week from the new website launch the pledge packages above $30 items will be gone, individual items will become available while the package items gone. The individual items will be more expensive also. If Town Square is not released within the week that the new website launches then no you won't be able to upgrade you package with the bulk packages which are shown right now but you will be able to get individual items. Know that if you upgrade the package now then you will not get the lower package items but only the highest package items.

You can store items and guns in your apartment yes, you will be able to buy a gun rack for your apartment in the full game for the apartment and put guns on it for show/ storage. 

19 minutes ago, subway244 said:

Oh. In one of the Twitch Clips, they said that this wouldn't be a problem and they could transfer them if they wanted to. I might have misunderstood, though.

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyVainChickenBudStar

Well currently it is not going to be but they can do it. So right now no plan on it but if they wanted/ decide to then they can easily.

2 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Well currently it is not going to be but they can do it. So right now no plan on it but if they wanted/ decide to then they can easily.

Ok, thanks!