JamesLuck01

FAQ Extended (Updated)

I have been reading about this game for hours now and im hyped for this! This is something i wanted for like forever, its like the perfect fusion of Second Life and GTA! 
I do have some questions tho!

1. Cars, do they break and has to be towed to a autoshop or something similar?

2a. If you are wanted and find yourself in a pursuit by the cops, can you "hide" in your house just in front of them?

2b. How does the arrest work?

2c. Can police officers take you or arrest you on false grounds or is there a certain wanted system that makes it possible for them?

3. As i have read there will be jury duty, does this mean that you can work as a lawyer/attorney/prosecutor/judge?

4. Will you improve the animations and physical structure on the characters, they seem VERY goofy atm.

Anyway! Keep up the good job!

1 hour ago, DeGoot said:

I have been reading about this game for hours now and im hyped for this! This is something i wanted for like forever, its like the perfect fusion of Second Life and GTA! 
I do have some questions tho!

@DeGoot I think you should listen the YouTube interview! It's one of the links in the newest dev blog that answers most of these.  Your car does get towed if it's in a crash. You do appear in front of a player made jury during crimes with a lawyer present. 

I'm not sure about the police arrest system but they can chase you down. I'm not sure if they are allowed entry on personal locked property though. I'm guessing if you're on the watch list APB then the system allows them to break in if needed  

The animations are in PRE ALPHA like not even alpha so of course the modelers are continuing to revise them. I think their main focus right now is getting the mechanics and modeling to work since they are just hiring new people recently. 

Edited by Kattycake

1 hour ago, Kattycake said:

I'm not sure about the police arrest system but they can chase you down. I'm not sure if they are allowed entry on personal locked property though. I'm guessing if you're on the watch list APB then the system allows them to break in if needed  

No one can enter your house unless invited.

3 hours ago, DeGoot said:

2a. If you are wanted and find yourself in a pursuit by the cops, can you "hide" in your house just in front of them?

If you're wanted, you cannot enter your house/ home and they cannot enter it either.

2b. How does the arrest work?

If you get arrested you have to be taken to jail/prison, you don't get Teleported.

2c. Can police officers take you or arrest you on false grounds or is there a certain wanted system that makes it possible for them?

You cannot arrest someone without the m being wanted.

3. As i have read there will be jury duty, does this mean that you can work as a lawyer/attorney/prosecutor/judge?

yes, you can be a lawyer/ attorney possibly the other 2 also.

4 hours ago, Kattycake said:

1. Can you physically interact with others (besides murder) like hug, high five, etc?

2. Will there be controller support?

3. What kind of emotes are there planned? Like dancing, etc?

4. Can a car break down randomly? Does it have "health"?

5. Do cars need gas to run?

6. Is there cooking? Like the meat you hunt for?

7. How is food beneficial? Is there a hunger bar?

8. What benefits do using drugs have to your character?

1. Not sure yet.

2. yes.

3. Not sure yet.

4. yes it can break down, idk if it will be random though.

5. Yes, it is realistic to have that and they would not have it another way because their Arma 3 mod has that. (Sorry how I put it but it has been mentioned before.)

6. I am sure there is.

7. Food and water will be something you want to keep filled because if it is low you could eventually die/ you won't be able to maybe run, you could be ill etc. 

8. There will be little benefits and more drawbacks.

10 hours ago, Kattycake said:

The animations are in PRE ALPHA like not even alpha so of course the modelers are continuing to revise them. I think their main focus right now is getting the mechanics and modeling to work since they are just hiring new people recently. 

I was thinking about what they said about physique, that they already made tonnes of clothing and such, thanks for thew fast reply Katty!

8 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No one can enter your house unless invited.

If you're wanted, you cannot enter your house/ home and they cannot enter it either.

If you get arrested you have to be taken to jail/prison, you don't get Teleported.

You cannot arrest someone without the m being wanted.

yes, you can be a lawyer/ attorney possibly the other 2 also.

1. Not sure yet.

2. yes.

3. Not sure yet.

4. yes it can break down, idk if it will be random though.

5. Yes, it is realistic to have that and they would not have it another way because their Arma 3 mod has that. (Sorry how I put it but it has been mentioned before.)

6. I am sure there is.

7. Food and water will be something you want to keep filled because if it is low you could eventually die/ you won't be able to maybe run, you could be ill etc. 

8. There will be little benefits and more drawbacks.

do you have the source or this?

Thanks!

59 minutes ago, DeGoot said:

I was thinking about what they said about physique, that they already made tonnes of clothing and such, thanks for thew fast reply Katty!

do you have the source or this?

Thanks!

Not at hand, some are from twitter and some are on the forum too. Here @HairyGrenade Can confirm anything he knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Not at hand, some are from twitter and some are on the forum too. Here @HairyGrenade Can confirm anything he knows.

Thanks man! Appreciate it! =)

Hey. I am planning on buying the game, but I have two questions:

1. Is buying the game (with beta access or without, doesn't matter) going to give me a code and a download? because I am planning on buying a new PC soon. It would suck if I would buy it now and then get the new PC, and I would need to buy it again...

2. I am planning on being a hunter in game. Could you explain more thoroughly how hunting works? and being outisde, and living outside of the city, maybe camping is involved? I dunno. Please explain that part.

Thanks and have a good day! :)

7 hours ago, DJRockXD said:

Hey. I am planning on buying the game, but I have two questions:

1. Is buying the game (with beta access or without, doesn't matter) going to give me a code and a download? because I am planning on buying a new PC soon. It would suck if I would buy it now and then get the new PC, and I would need to buy it again...

2. I am planning on being a hunter in game. Could you explain more thoroughly how hunting works? and being outisde, and living outside of the city, maybe camping is involved? I dunno. Please explain that part.

Thanks and have a good day! :)

1. It is via your main website account and so you would just need to download the launcher from there for the modules and beta and then you login with that account. So no codes. At full release though it will likely be that you get a steam key and so you can redeem it on there.

2. Camping is there but you cannot choose the spots as they are already in pre-determined spots. You can have a RV and set up anywhere though!

I cannot go into detail with hunting sorry as nothing was given to the public about that in detail. Other than a 2x zoom scope for the hunting rifle.

7 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

1. It is via your main website account and so you would just need to download the launcher from there for the modules and beta and then you login with that account. So no codes. At full release though it will likely be that you get a steam key and so you can redeem it on there.

2. Camping is there but you cannot choose the spots as they are already in pre-determined spots. You can have a RV and set up anywhere though!

I cannot go into detail with hunting sorry as nothing was given to the public about that in detail. Other than a 2x zoom scope for the hunting rifle.

Oh ok. no problem :) Thanks for the info though, helped a lot :D just one more question: Is the community big, growing, or the opposite of growing? (Sorry for two posts, it just popped up in my mind :P)

On 8/21/2016 at 1:09 PM, TraxxasBoy520 said:

Ok thanks

I thin there are going to be a lot of action pull up menus or like scroll bars

1. Do you have to worry about gas, water, food like dayz?

2. Is there is any recreational vehicles? If is yes, are you able to walk around and be a moving house?

3. Do you pull out all your rifle or weapons out your pocket like gta5? it seems wired to me.

4. Are players able to carry backpack or duffel bag?

9 minutes ago, ffkp214 said:

2. Is there is any recreational vehicles? If is yes, are you able to walk around and be a moving house?

3. Do you pull out all your rifle or weapons out your pocket like gta5? it seems wired to me.

Yes!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bryyce said:

Yes!

So you actually pull out RPG from your pocket? You don't carry behind your back or bag?

If the VR can be your moving house, so you won't get kill in the VR right?

I just want to make sure, cause I asked four question but you only answer a yes, no offense btw.

3 hours ago, ffkp214 said:

1. Yes to all of these. Gas and food i don't know about water actually 

2. yes. There is an RV in every interview with the devs, the trailer, etc. it was even on the home page. 

You can kind of be a walking house if you can fit everything you need in your trunk. In an RV you can probably fit much more including a kitchen so i would say yes. 

3. I believe firearms are shown on your person if equipped. 

4. I don't know. I don't think there will be backpacks or duffel bags but you can use car trunks and furniture for storage as well as the bank. 

9 hours ago, ffkp214 said:

So you actually pull out RPG from your pocket? You don't carry behind your back or bag?

If the VR can be your moving house, so you won't get kill in the VR right?

I just want to make sure, cause I asked four question but you only answer a yes, no offense btw.

2. yes. There is an RV in every interview with the devs, the trailer, etc. it was even on the home page. 

You can kind of be a walking house if you can fit everything you need in your trunk. In an RV you can probably fit much more including a kitchen so i would say yes. 

4. I don't know. I don't think there will be backpacks or duffel bags but you can use car trunks and furniture for storage as well as the bank. 

4 hours ago, Bryyce said:

@ffkp214

1. Food and water won't be needed like every 10 mins or even often. You will just need to eat and drink once in a while to keep energy levels high and also you could eventually die from not consuming food or water.

2. VR will be limited to areas as for the start from the full game release and so that will include places like in the cinema. The more you carry on your person, the weight will affect you and you cannot hold 100 guns or items on you if they weigh a lot. No RPG's in the game, No explosives etc. 

3. Yes If you carry a gun then everyone will see it. So don't carry one unless you want a chance to lose it.

4. The trunk of your car will not hold unlimited items, every item will take a physical space. 

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

:D  is there possibility to add the game on steam library after it reaches steam from pledge made to indentitys homesite??

and what about the age rating?   its sure there is going to be players under 18 ( as in every game ) 

Edited by Wisp220

13 hours ago, Wisp220 said:

:D  is there possibility to add the game on steam library after it reaches steam from pledge made to indentitys homesite??

and what about the age rating?   its sure there is going to be players under 18 ( as in every game ) 

Age Rating will be 18+ like GTA is and yes there obviously will be players younger than that like all games, and well it is hard to even stop people.

At steam release I am sure you will be able to have it downloaded via the website and then added to the steam library like every other game can be. It will be on steam at release and they will likely distribute steam keys at that time.

• Like 1

I was wondering, is there going to be like Parkour/Freerunning let's say like in Dying Light(Not zombies just parkour) or like Mirror's Edge?

9 minutes ago, DesT said:

I was wondering, is there going to be like Parkour/Freerunning let's say like in Dying Light(Not zombies just parkour) or like Mirror's Edge?

I think it might just be a simple system, not complex but I am not sure about that. @HairyGrenade maybe can answer for you.

On 3/7/2017 at 10:39 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

I think it might just be a simple system, not complex but I am not sure about that. @HairyGrenade maybe can answer for you.

And by the way, why is the Town Square module still on 76%?

45 minutes ago, DesT said:

And by the way, why is the Town Square module still on 76%?

This question has been answered very often in the last time. The last time 24h ago. Look at this :