Sign in to follow this  
TanzaniteSilver4

Some questions regarding owning a clothing shop.

Hello everyone! ( I searched for some topics relating to these questions but I couldn't find anything that completely answered my questions. Sorry if there is something - I must have just missed it ).

I have some questions regarding owning a clothing store in Identity.

Would we be able to have player employees work for us? As my friends really want to work at my clothing store lol! ( Seriously they keep bugging me about it ).

How would we make the clothes? I'm assuming we make them or at least order them but I'm really not sure how it would work.

Would we be able to 'hire' players to be models for photos in the shop? Like above, for example, a summer dress you would see a photograph of a player modelling that dress. Same with advertising.

Do we purchase buildings, that are obviously available to purchase, and then decorate them to our liking? Could we also have music playing in the store because oh my gosh that would be amazing :D 

This is more of a store question in general but anyway : how would purchasing stuff from a player owned store work? Would you actually go to the till? If yes I'm curious as to how the purchasing would work :D . I mean like would a menu come up? Or would it be like, for example, GTA where you just purchase it from a pile of clothes?. I personally hope it's not the last idea :P 

I think that's all my questions.. again sorry if these have already been asked! Just so excited for when the game comes out :D ( For those wondering my store would be called Pandora's Box - and apologies if the ' isn't meant to be there xD I'm half asleep atm so yeah :P grammar and me don't work ).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TanzaniteSilver4 said:

Would we be able to have player employees work for us? As my friends really want to work at my clothing store lol! ( Seriously they keep bugging me about it ).

There may be NPC vendors in shops to fill in the blank spaces, but I am quite positive player owned retail will be a thing. This is mainly because one large part of making money through identity is selling things, so having your own shop would be one way to do it whilst keeping on the side of the law too.

How would we make the clothes? I'm assuming we make them or at least order them but I'm really not sure how it would work.

I don't think you would make them as such because that would probably end up in a sketchy looking crafting system, like putting two pieces of coloured fabric together and it making a T-shirt, that would be crap. I would imagine it would go along the lines of designing your clothes on some sort of screen and than having them ordered to you, how they are delivered to you remains a mystery, it could be instant or they perhaps would have to be picked up and delivered to you by other players.

Would we be able to 'hire' players to be models for photos in the shop? Like above, for example, a summer dress you would see a photograph of a player modelling that dress. Same with advertising.

Though that may not be an official job, you can easily wing something like that anyway by taking a photo of them and customising the exterior of your shop with the photos. You can then give them cash as a reward. But who knows, maybe that'll come up on the list of official jobs which you can be contracted under.

Do we purchase buildings, that are obviously available to purchase, and then decorate them to our liking? Could we also have music playing in the store because oh my gosh that would be amazing :D 

Yes, most likely. This is because terraforming is a grey area due to the possible opportunities of griefing and spam, and as a result customisation will be a large part of the game instead. Unlike apartment buildings where a player is spawned into their own room once they go inside, there will likely only be limited shop slots on a server, meaning these shop slots are not limited to no customisation prior to somebody purchasing that spot.

This is more of a store question in general but anyway : how would purchasing stuff from a player owned store work? Would you actually go to the till? If yes I'm curious as to how the purchasing would work :D . I mean like would a menu come up? Or would it be like, for example, GTA where you just purchase it from a pile of clothes?. I personally hope it's not the last idea :P 

I too hope its a bit like the GTA layout, and it likely will. The devs will find some way of pasting the player made textures onto the shelves to make it look like their stock is actually there, and hopefully the player will go round and will buy different items of clothing depending on where in the shop they are.

• Like 2

I'm fairly certain that they've alluded to making your own clothes & even adding your own brand name to them, but there are no details about how you would do this.