So along with hunting will there be tracking? Id like to see this more of a skill that is gained rather than everyone can do it so the more you do it the better you get at it and the more features are unlocked with it.

So tracking has been interpreted in many games but i dont want an easy tracking system like in Evolve where you can click a button and a satellite shows you your outlined target.

Id like to see more of a system thats seen in The Hunter where you are able to see tracks on the floor and identify animals by their calls as well. What i mean by unlocking more features as you level up in this skills is maybe being able to identify what the animal is via tracks and calls and as you level up you might find out other things like the gender of the animal and maybe weight and other such info. Also, if there is tracking of animals, will this tracking system also apply to people? Will people leave footprints in the mud and so on???

If anyone could help me on this and if anyone has any further ideas or suggestions for this subject, feel free to comment below.

Herzog

I like the idea of tracking on the floor, knowing animals calls might be in a different group if it even will exist in the game...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jshaw71 said:

I like the idea of tracking on the floor, knowing animals calls might be in a different group if it even will exist in the game...

Well yeh, tracking and identifying animals would be different skills but still under the whole tracking skill. Gives us hunters something to work towards :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shimozukachi said:

interesting idea. how about "slightly glowing" footprints etc.?

Youre pushing it Shimo!! xD JK, maybe as you level up in the skill the prints become more visible like what you suggested with a slightly glowing outline. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herzog said:

Well yeh, tracking and identifying animals would be different skills but still under the whole tracking skill. Gives us hunters something to work towards :) 

I may play a character like this just to see how the hunting will work out...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jshaw71 said:

I may play a character like this just to see how the hunting will work out...

Hopefully it will be up to a good standard along with all the other skills they should have. That's is, if they even implement skill trees

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 7:18 AM, Herzog said:

Hopefully it will be up to a good standard along with all the other skills they should have. That's is, if they even implement skill trees

I belive they will have a skill tree, they have mentioned it, before in past interviews, why would the change it now? I really hope it comes out soon