So in the Identity overview trailer it was stated that cars would crash like real vehicles. I'm just wondering on to what extent does this apply. I think it would be cool if the cars had some of the soft body crash physics you would see playing BeamNG Drive or even the crash physics in an older game like Burnout Paradise. 

Edited by DeFalt
  • Like 1

Beam NG drive is really cool for sure but he requiere a lot from your computer so i think, the crash systeme will be more like in gta 4

A BeamNG car uses an entire physical core to simulate one vehicle, so once we have even 150 people out of 300 driving around crashing n shit, your PC is possibly going to take a dump and smash the turd into it's fan.

I'd be fine with a damage model like Forza Motorsport. You could make parts fall off and drag along, wheels get jammed into the arches, engine smoke, etc. 

I'd also like to see a body system similar to War Thunder where different surfaces and plates effect the power and direction of gunfire, like get shot through glass, you die- Get shot in an armored limo, window cracks, you stay alive, and drive off quickly.

• Like 1

It would be nice to have a damage model similar to GTA 4 because it was semi-realistic, but for the actual results from a crash should be more like BeamNG Drive, where if you crash your drivetrain might snap or a wheel locks up, maybe even you gas tank ruptures and you empty fuel that if it starts on fire could cause an explosion. Also some real physics would be nice like realistic rolls where you car just keeps tumbling till it come to rest, nothing like Project Cars with the overpowered gravity. So I say a mix between BeamNG and GTA 4 would be my ideal damage model.

@DuckysBRO I agree. I'm not so sure about the gta 4 physics as gta4 was a terrible game in my opinion compared to all the other games in the gta series but the BeamNG Drive aspect I love. 

• Like 1

Vehicle damage will be very realistic although it will be client side and not server side.

Identity's vehicle damage model will be more comparable to a GTA game than BeamNG. It would take someone with more knowledge than I to explain the technical reasons for this. I'm not a programmer, but from my understanding, we can't send such complicated network packets across the server to other clients without sacrificing server performance. Ideally, the damage would mostly be clientside, but the vehicle damage would appear different for each client viewing the vehicle.

• Like 4

ok, Thanks for your answer MOTOWN

Edited by Peet

Will the veichle damage be like GTA IV or GTA V? Because it's a huge difference.
GTA IV FTW!

On 5/8/2016 at 4:05 AM, DuckysBRO said:

It would be nice to have a damage model similar to GTA 4 because it was semi-realistic, but for the actual results from a crash should be more like BeamNG Drive, where if you crash your drivetrain might snap or a wheel locks up, maybe even you gas tank ruptures and you empty fuel that if it starts on fire could cause an explosion. Also some real physics would be nice like realistic rolls where you car just keeps tumbling till it come to rest, nothing like Project Cars with the overpowered gravity. So I say a mix between BeamNG and GTA 4 would be my ideal damage model.

Fuel is not explosive in real life. Yes it can burn, but it won't explode. It's about as explosive as water. BeamNG has it realistic, where it just burns like a real car would, and on occasion, a nice fireball, but that's not an explosion. Windows and tyres can burst though. I hope the cars in Identity will not be able to explode, but they should be able to burn, like BeamNG. I would be ok with a damage model that is a mix between gta 4 and BeamNG, but no explosions, please. I am so tired of games and movies lying to people about how fuel actually works, so would be nice to see more games like BeamNG where it's realistic.

Edited by SkinnierSteve
  • Like 2

This has already been discussed in a different thread. While the physics will be like GTA 4, there can't be too much damage detail. Something to do with lagging the servers.