Aerotactics

One down, two to go! Let's try and guess the Town Square release date, just for fun.

Date Poll  

144 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What date do you think we will be in Town Square? (Choose as many as you'd like)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2018 at 12:23 PM

What date do you think we will be in-game, and why?

EDIT: I see a trend forming. Most people don't expect the game this month, and that's fair to assume. Personally, I think now that the 1 task is completed, then there will be more people working on the last 2 tasks. This will make it go by much quicker, and if they have already made most progress on it, I think the earliest we will see the game is Wed-Fri this week, but this is with high optimism and hope that they have already completed most of each task.

I have to agree, though, that we may still be in the tracker in August. It really depends on the progress so far. Also, keep in mind that the team is also building a new website, so we have that to look forward to.

Also, I forgot 7/8 was a Sunday, and also all the other weekend dates on there, whoops. 

Edited by Aerotactics

To the people thinking it will come next week, you're out of your minds. This 1 task alone that's been completed has taken multiple weeks, and there's no reason to believe these last 2 won't.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RenegadeNine said:

To the people thinking it will come next week, you're out of your minds. This 1 task alone that's been completed has taken multiple weeks, and there's no reason to believe these last 2 won't.

For fun or not a lot of the dates offered here are ridiculous, it's not going to be out anytime soon and people need to stop going on about the release date. 

I chose close to the end of the month and after because of how long it has taken for the testing to decrease by 1.

• Like 1

Let's be honest here. The devs have pushed back the date twice now, and I really doubt the tracker is accurate to how much they've completed for the beta, so yeah, it'll probably be awhile. Even my lowest estimate is like a few weeks. But hey, any minute they can prove me wrong.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vincent_Luciano said:

I really doubt the tracker is accurate to how much they've completed for the beta

I agree because the 1st Module is an alpha and not the Beta. Beta is after all 3 modules.

even though the last task took some time, there are 2 left now, which probably take atleast 2 weeks, then we still have to count the verification time for steam in, so i don't think it'll be out before the 26th of july. 

It's funny because it's "In Testing" and it will be for months probably. Idk why they don't let everyone just test it. There are obviously hundreds of tasks left for town square, they just have us by the neck at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akomplice said:

It's funny because it's "In Testing" and it will be for months probably. Idk why they don't let everyone just test it. There are obviously hundreds of tasks left for town square, they just have us by the neck at this point.

because releasing a buggy module is not a good marketing strategy, testing takes a long time, they test the code get the bug out retest the code get another bug out etc etc, fixing one bug can cause 10 more bugs.

29 minutes ago, dagtag said:

because releasing a buggy module is not a good marketing strategy, testing takes a long time, they test the code get the bug out retest the code get another bug out etc etc, fixing one bug can cause 10 more bugs.

You have been a member of this community for a good few months now and you think good marketing strategies are at the top of Asylum's concerns? I support the developers but PR clearly isn't a huge priority for them let's be honest.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

You have been a member of this community for a good few months now and you think good marketing strategies are at the top of Asylum's concerns? I support the developers but PR clearly isn't a huge priority for them let's be honest.

its true that they havent met release dates and have delayed, but if above that they release a buggy town square they wont hear the end of it. So it is probably in their best interest to make the first module as perfect as they can get it

What's the point of acting like the Module isn't coming out anytime soon? They'll just use it as an excuse for their shoddy work.

Edited by Cool_Cat
Module not game

Sooner than the boo-birds think and right on time for the rest of us not on medication. $500.00 invested for over a year and I'm satisfied. 'Nuff said.

1 week per task remaining.
After that, it has steam verification to go through though... and no idea how long that takes, so I would assume it will be maybe a few weeks after 25th July.

14 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

1 week per task remaining.
After that, it has steam verification to go through though... and no idea how long that takes, so I would assume it will be maybe a few weeks after 25th July.

steam verification takes 1 week generally.

• Like 1

why is everyone so overly anxious about town square.  you all have to bear in mind that it wont be the actual game.all there will be is avatars running around then standing in front of each other.  in  a sense it will be a 3d version of social media excepting u cant post pictures or videos.  just wait patiently until the 3rd module is near completion they drool about when the first beta of the full game drops. =.=

4 hours ago, ZanderiusMaximus said:

bE pAtIeNt, gAmEs tAkE mUcH tImE tO mAkE

To be fair I don't think people's main issue is they don't know how long a game takes, but rather how little seems to be getting done in that time. There hasn't really been any development curve at all. They seem to have been stuck in one place for a very long time. Typically there is a clear and concise development curve when new games are being released with a lot of community interaction etc. etc.

• Like 2