tq2221

dont think this game will ever come out

just for fun  

68 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. who thinks they will actually release the game when this list is complete

• i do
    • i don't

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/2018 at 04:00 AM

1 hour ago, tq2221 said:

Im doing a poll just for fun

They will but, it has to go through steam verification first before it releases.

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

They will but, it has to go through steam verification first before it releases.

So its gonna take even longer after the module is ready for release nice nice

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JoeBarbaro said:

The community already knew it had to go through the steam process, it is old news for most.

• Like 1

Fail to see why people are complaining. Steam verification process is nothing compared to how long we've all waited. We don't need negative posts every week.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

15 hours ago, JoeBarbaro said:

Yeah, it would be much better is they just put in on dropbox or something quick and shared it with us all.....

Like all those other professional games companies do....

• ver.1.22474487139 3

1 hour ago, Eschaton said:

Why the fuck don't they just put a locked build on Steam now and get it verified earlier? Oh wait, they're fucking scum.

Oh shut up you whinge bag and cry us a river. We don't care for your trolling attitude. Go back to call of duty or wherever you came from 

• Like 4
  • ver.1.22474487139 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

the game will come out eventual but if it dose not come out by the end of the year we all got robbed xD

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

16 hours ago, Eschaton said:

Why the fuck don't they just put a locked build on Steam now and get it verified earlier? Oh wait, they're fucking scum.

I am sure they will welcome that week to get extra servers sorted etc. ready for us all trying to connect at once. There is a lot more to it than just uploading a client.

Its laughable all these people coming on here mouthing off about how they think things should be done. Just because you put you small drop of money in a project, doesn't give you any right to dictate it. I have shares in major companies. I don't get to dictate their business because my small share doesn't matter. Nor does yours here. They want to achieve a successful launch as it could make the difference between them gaining more players or disappearing in to obscurity with all the other failed games. That matters more than you getting access to a small proof of technology a week earlier.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

In my opinion this game unfortunately will not run its course... 

They will probably release TS around late august to early september, by then everyone will be even more pissed than they are now and what will happen when they login to TS? Be able to walk around, play chess and sing some karaoke? Everyone is begging for TS to be released, not really realising that it is literally just the engine? Oh wait... i think you can pick up a paper too...

So following this release, people will get their refunds because there is nothing to actually do in the game and the time frame between modules will clearly be a very long process with minimal communication from devs to investors. This will equal a pissed off player base who as I just said, will either get a refund, or just simply stop playing the game.

By the time the full game comes out (if it ever actually does) it will have lost its player base, community and will not get off the ground properly. The more likely outcome is it getting almost to module 2 and the whole thing just crashing down due to lack of funding.

• Like 6

On 7/7/2018 at 3:21 PM, mika said:

if the the game dosent come out 28074 will get refunds right?

i very much doubt it...

they will cut and run. A lot of that money will have been spend developing the game so will already be gone.

Just had 2 of the chaps I was going to play with apply for refunds. its such a shame, the game has/had so much promise.

I think the Town Square will release and most likely end up being a buggy mess with next to nothing to do. Shortly after that I'm expecting the studio to either announce that they're closing or they'll just close without warning.

They obviously didn't understand how complicated games like this are and thought it wouldn't be too much more difficult than making a mod for Arma. It appears to have been mismanaged quite terribly from both a project and PR standpoint. 

I'm not expecting a full game, or even for the TS itself to work all that well when it eventually does release.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, patrick68794 said:

I think the Town Square will release and most likely end up being a buggy mess with next to nothing to do. Shortly after that I'm expecting the studio to either announce that they're closing or they'll just close without warning.

They obviously didn't understand how complicated games like this are and thought it wouldn't be too much more difficult than making a mod for Arma. It appears to have been mismanaged quite terribly from both a project and PR standpoint. 

I'm not expecting a full game, or even for the TS itself to work all that well when it eventually does release.

well, it was already mentioned that town square will only showcase character customization, inside of apartment and just running around the town square interacting with other players.

This release of TS is not the release of the actual game but only  a module (something to show what the game would probably look and feel like) so more than likely it will have bugs that the devs will access and fix.  Do not get your hopes up that with town square you can run around rob, kill, drive, etc.  TS is not even a beta version of the game.  think of it as a 3d version of your facebook, only that you will not be able to upload pics, videos and stuff.

just hope that the other 2 modules will drop significantly faster than the time it took for the town square release.  only after that can the first real beta version of the game be put out for testing.

• Like 1

I really do hope that these devs know what they are doing, and really hope the game gets completed eventually and be as good as it sounds. I know it is possible, but I'm not sure if the devs will get frustrated with how complex and hard it is to make a huge game like this and just simply decide to give up before or after town square release. imo, I have no idea if this game will see the light of day, but I really hope it does, and I really hope it turns out to be as good as advertised or even better. That is why I pledged $30, to support the devs and to hopefully be able to play the game eventually, because I love the idea of it. I am also a bit concerned about the pledged money they got, because 1 million is not much when it comes to making massive and complex games like this. One more concern is, the task tracker seems to have stopped moving, or have slowed down more and more with each task completed. Although as long as the devs are willing to try, there is always hope for a release.

Edited by SkinnierSteve
to add in more info

This game is very detailed which takes a lot of work to produce without bugs and glitches. The Devs are doing well on the development of the game so far. Things are gonna take time. Networking takes time. The high quality of all customization is going to be well worth the wait with just this first module. Once you guys get a taste of the first module I'm sure you all will want more of course and be happy with the Devs as they progress with the development. Patience is what we all need within these final moments of the last two pieces of the module are being worked on and tested. This game will be amazing and very successful.

• Like 1

You know what? Im actually fed up with coming here now even to the point that I cant even be bothered to actually care if it comes out or not. There are a few genuine people that make good posts but it seems the majority are just moaners who in essence shouldnt really have pledged or childish two year olds who just like to stir sh*t up for kicks.

1 hour ago, Worldraider said:

You know what? Im actually fed up with coming here now even to the point that I cant even be bothered to actually care if it comes out or not. There are a few genuine people that make good posts but it seems the majority are just moaners who in essence shouldnt really have pledged or childish two year olds who just like to stir sh*t up for kicks.

Don't lose faith over a few naysayers. Every week we get the same s**t, some whiny ass mofo whining for the sake of it and people trying to give the game and devs a bad name when they don't deserve it. Forum needs to be regulated more often and posts where people are just spouting nonsense to complain should just be removed. This is unreal how many people are doing this and we're all fed up with it.

2 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Don't lose faith over a few naysayers. Every week we get the same s**t, some whiny ass mofo whining for the sake of it and people trying to give the game and devs a bad name when they don't deserve it. Forum needs to be regulated more often and posts where people are just spouting nonsense to complain should just be removed. This is unreal how many people are doing this and we're all fed up with it.

The trouble is it seems to be more than a few. I just dread to think if people act like this in the forum then playing the game with them will be a nightmare. I swear when you read some of these comments its like being on a forum for 12year olds who just dont know how to be civil and clearly have no patience what so ever.

Patience is not the ability to wait, but how you conduct yourself while you are waiting. Many fall short of this unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Worldraider said:

The trouble is it seems to be more than a few. I just dread to think if people act like this in the forum then playing the game with them will be a nightmare.

You are completely correct, I have been bitching and whining with the rest of them, but almost the main selling point at this moment (for TS Release I mean) for the devs is the karaoke bar... Can you actually see this being a civil place where people are going to take it in turns to sing songs? I highly doubt it! It will be full of trolls shouting obscenities down the mic and others attempting stage invades because they are bored... 

To be honest, it does not really matter when TS is released, its the following modules that will make or break the game... if the time frame is longer than 3 months between TS and module 2, then i really dont see this game being successful

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Worldraider said:

The trouble is it seems to be more than a few. I just dread to think if people act like this in the forum then playing the game with them will be a nightmare. I swear when you read some of these comments its like being on a forum for 12year olds who just dont know how to be civil and clearly have no patience what so ever.

Patience is not the ability to wait, but how you conduct yourself while you are waiting. Many fall short of this unfortunately.

You're the real problem if you're getting this upset over people voicing concerns about the game. Development clearly isn't going the way it should be at this point, and people have the right to be upset. This is just a small section of the game, already a year overdue from their initial estimates and in all honestly pretty underwhelming for the time they've spent on it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, fiwiman said:

well, it was already mentioned that town square will only showcase character customization, inside of apartment and just running around the town square interacting with other players.

This release of TS is not the release of the actual game but only  a module (something to show what the game would probably look and feel like) so more than likely it will have bugs that the devs will access and fix.  Do not get your hopes up that with town square you can run around rob, kill, drive, etc.  TS is not even a beta version of the game.  think of it as a 3d version of your facebook, only that you will not be able to upload pics, videos and stuff.

just hope that the other 2 modules will drop significantly faster than the time it took for the town square release.  only after that can the first real beta version of the game be put out for testing.

Yes, I know what the Town Square is, and that's exactly my point. It's a very small piece of what the game is planned to be and they're a year overdue just on this one small section.

Anyone thinking that the other modules will be developed more quickly are setting themselves up for disappointment. The other modules, from the current plans for them, are significantly more complex with advanced physics, AI, and more. If the developers really want to keep customers and attract new ones they need to abandon the "module" approach with over year long development times and focus on smaller, more frequent updates.

People like to give Star Citizen crap, but their new approach is honestly perfect for crowdfunding. They do quarterly releases of whatever is ready, be it an entirely new major gameplay mechanic or even just a single new weapon (they've actually met almost every goal they've set with the new release shcedule though). In addition to those quarterly releases they will also put out smaller, more frequent updates with optimization and bug fixes

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 1:44 PM, wiebley said:

In my opinion this game unfortunately will not run its course... 

They will probably release TS around late august to early september, by then everyone will be even more pissed than they are now and what will happen when they login to TS? Be able to walk around, play chess and sing some karaoke? Everyone is begging for TS to be released, not really realising that it is literally just the engine? Oh wait... i think you can pick up a paper too...

So following this release, people will get their refunds because there is nothing to actually do in the game and the time frame between modules will clearly be a very long process with minimal communication from devs to investors. This will equal a pissed off player base who as I just said, will either get a refund, or just simply stop playing the game.

By the time the full game comes out (if it ever actually does) it will have lost its player base, community and will not get off the ground properly. The more likely outcome is it getting almost to module 2 and the whole thing just crashing down due to lack of funding.

Yeah why don't these stupid devs communicate with us more, its not like they have jobs!