Sign in to follow this  
toxins

hopes

honestly i want police to be public except like a little test. i also want it to be not so like "you have to be on at this time if not, you're kicked out" (but obviously not inactive) 

12 hours ago, toxins said:

honestly i want police to be public except like a little test. i also want it to be not so like "you have to be on at this time if not, you're kicked out" (but obviously not inactive) 

it won't be like that for Official/ Public servers. It will be open with a small tutorial acting as a test/ qualification.

38 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

it won't be like that for Official/ Public servers. It will be open with a small tutorial acting as a test/ qualification.

so we dont have strict schedules?

9 minutes ago, toxins said:

so we dont have strict schedules?

no

IMO, I'm hoping that the police 'training' (tutorial) is actually kinda hard, not just like 'do this by pressing F, good job you're done now, go be a professional cop'. In my experience (on a FiveM RP server), the schedules aren't strict, but there will be a time period that will eventually force you into being fired/dismissed.

12 hours ago, Taxibutler said:

IMO, I'm hoping that the police 'training' (tutorial) is actually kinda hard, not just like 'do this by pressing F, good job you're done now, go be a professional cop'. In my experience (on a FiveM RP server), the schedules aren't strict, but there will be a time period that will eventually force you into being fired/dismissed.

thanks for putting my ideas into better words

I'm not convinced a time-schedule should be required to force people into playing the game (if they don't want to actually play that week or even month)... has there been any mention that police officers have restricted numbers?

I agree with what's being said below. It makes me curious as how they're gonna pull it off. I mean, they can't enforce it that's not fair, people have lives. At the same time its like are we gonna have moments where there's 30+ illegals out and about with like 3 cops or? You know what I mean. It's easier to manage this for private servers, but for public I'm curious as to how they'll address that.

2 hours ago, Valtorix said:

I agree with what's being said below. It makes me curious as how they're gonna pull it off. I mean, they can't enforce it that's not fair, people have lives. At the same time its like are we gonna have moments where there's 30+ illegals out and about with like 3 cops or? You know what I mean. It's easier to manage this for private servers, but for public I'm curious as to how they'll address that.

I would imagine there would always be 10+ police working at any given hour (considering the size of the server).

Edited by subway244

2 minutes ago, subway244 said:

I would imagine there would always be 10+ police working at any given hour (considering the size of the server).

do you know the size of the servers?

1 minute ago, toxins said:

do you know the size of the servers?

Yes, several hundred people per server.

1 minute ago, subway244 said:

Yes, several hundred people per server.

do you think a HP Omen i7 gaming laptop can handle that? 

Just now, toxins said:

I'm not into technical stuff, so I couldn't really say. Also, until later on when tests can be done, I do not think there will be an official answer. Please refer to the links down below for more information, or feel free to contact one of the staff for any questions you may have! :)

1 hour ago, toxins said:

More than likely; though they haven't released any specs.

With experience in FiveM I feel like the process will be similar to this:

1. Submit a somewhat long application (it is a game ya know)
2. Get accepted/denied
3. (MAYBE) Go to a supervisor interview, they ask you questions, you respond
4. Sign up for a training, take an exam based on knowledge and experience, difficult
5. Maybe do ridealongs with other players
6. Patrol

This was basically what we did in DoJRP (one of the biggest RP communities on FiveM)
This is also what we are going to be doing on SoarRP, completly whitelisted 14+

Edited by BlueJ