GrandPaladin

What is this shit

1 Gameplay task 'testing' ? library is not done and the and the coffee shop? Is the fixing broken legs and arms user interface or gameplay??? This task tracker is complete bullshit. 

About the broken arms. Look in the recent gameplay video and look at the ai where he goes to buy drugs and his arms are missing and legs?

these guys are big on the talking but short on the doing

Show literaly no gameplay. Talking so much about doing all this shit but dont show it?  Why dont they show more stuff you can do. Go to the apartments and customize it? or find some uncopyrighted music and show if the karaoke actually works fully.  Maybe go to the tattoo shop and put on a tattoo? oh wait they cant because none of its done. MonkaS. Town Square defo not coming out this summer. They plan doing another video and releasing a website before the TS comes out. It took them another month to do this most recent video. Let me guess another month for the 3rd 'Gameplay' Video and then another month for New website? ARMA 4 will be out before this and just play the new RP on that than this shite.

Also that running animation has been the same since the apartment video 2 years ago.

in the tracker the entire BUG TRACKER has been completed but in the recent video i still see so many bugs. 

Also the gameplay video they showed a while ago which was the cars and the gunplay showing to rv van. Remember that?. None of that will be in the town square, Instead of focusing on that stuff why not focus on polishing and releasing the TS???? I could say so much about this but im ending it here. 

Edited by GrandPaladin
  • Like 4

Nah shooting range coming after initial release.  Don’t talk if you don’t know what your taking about. Ha

• Like 5

Sorry my bad. For some reason i thought it was coming with TS. Still all the stuff what still needs doing doesnt equate to 1 task in gameplay 'testing'

I missed the video. Would anyone happen to have a link? I sure would appreciate it, thanks in advance.

The missing arms and legs was a product of using our development client and isn't a bug to fix.

The cafe isn't planned to open at release, nor is the tattoo shop. They'll be shortly after.

We've shown the apartments in depth, so that wasn't a focus. You can find that video on YouTube.

As for the combat video we showed, keep in mind that we're developing Identity in full. Some core features aren't in the Town Square, and it's not usually the same people working on those areas. You'll notice that area had less polish than the soon-to-be-released Town Square because it had less focus at this time

• Like 15
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

//--Comment Delete By the User--//

Edited by suiksuiky
sorry, now i remove it i was stupide

@Paratus  sure i can go watch that video but in 2 years i thought you would have maybe done something else with the customization. Polished the UI?. Added more Patterns, Added more stuff we can customise.

@LuckyDuck  wasnt the tracker supposed to give us an up to date view of all that stuff, If there seriously not adding things because the community gets a little mad then the task tracker doesnt give us a true perspective of what needs doing. 

I just feel like these gameplay streams are very poorly organised aswell. When this is the most we've got in terms of gameplay. you'd think that it would be a bit more organised. Find some uncopyrighted music to play on the karaoke . I remember in the video someone approaching something forgetting if they had even populated the vender? Isnt this checked before hand? Also many of the other developers in the background are acting like they've never seen like anything of this before. Wheres the transparency between you guys

Edited by GrandPaladin
  • Like 1

You really don't pay attention very well, do you? The Tracker is for the Town Square Module, as I understand it. It isn't a complete list of everything that needs to be done for the full game release. It just relates to the Town Square Module. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrandPaladin said:

wasnt the tracker supposed to give us an up to date view of all that stuff, If there seriously not adding things because the community gets a little mad then the task tracker doesnt give us a true perspective of what needs doing. 

Here are questions which relate and were answered on a twitch stream:

1. Meta (How does the Task Tracker work?) https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyDependablePterodactylYee
  2. Meta (Will new tasks be added to the Task Tracker?) https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyFaithfulRadicchioBCouch

i can see what GRANDPALADIN    coming from ,  look at Scum (video game) game was first announced in August, 2016 in UE4 early access is in q2 of 2018 , also they did develop advanced systems from scratch and they are some what close in development behavior to Identity , Tho Identity took  Alot more Time to produce So little its frustrating to know that the TS will not have that much in it , Karaoke , cinema , Chess , is that it ? after all that time , thats it ? 

in another words , SHOW US HOW THE BIKER / Gangs system would work , Trading system would work , laptop/Pc usage and Hud , the cars / Big rigs Pyhx work System a while back the  Devs did say that they do have So called  "ADVANCED Vehicle physics System"  Show us That , show the gun Locker , Economic system , in game currency  usage , i can list ALot more let me know ,  u get the idea .

• Like 6

@Kellog Alot of people feel like this

@Paratus On the TS features page it says this, However its not even in at launch.  Also where are the barber shops are they after launch too?

FEATURES INCLUDE...

TownSquare2-med.jpg

Character customization
After creating your character you'll find tattoo parlors, barber shops and more to help achieve a unique look.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I think the Town Square module will still update and be developed on after its release, which is where the cafe/tattoo parlour/etc. will come in. I do wish the communication was a little more open. And I agree the gameplay videos are lackluster because they never really show off anything much. I understand the whole "we want players to experience for themselves" bit but sometimes you need to show off things if you want to grab people's attention and bring in more potential players.

• Like 2

ooh yea i forgot the In house anti cheat / DRM system not in details but a quick show case , that would help us to know that it wont be A cluster **** like some other Games , All the love and patience for Identity , But help me to give u the benefit of the doubt .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GrandPaladin said:

@Paratus On the TS features page it says this, However its not even in at launch.  Also where are the barber shops are they after launch too?

It was always said to be just after the launch as an update, like a lot of the things planned to come will be in updates too.

4 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

I understand the whole "we want players to experience for themselves" bit but sometimes you need to show off things if you want to grab people's attention and bring in more potential players.

They have shown off things, like the apartment video in 2017, they also just done a second live stream of the Town Square.

17 hours ago, Asupra said:

the cars

Cars will be developed on after the 2nd Module mainly as it's not the priority right now. 

17 hours ago, Asupra said:

i can see what GRANDPALADIN    coming from ,  look at Scum (video game) game was first announced in August, 2016 in UE4 early access is in q2 of 2018 , also they did develop advanced systems from scratch and they are some what close in development behavior to Identity , Tho Identity took  Alot more Time to produce So little its frustrating to know that the TS will not have that much in it , Karaoke , cinema , Chess , is that it ? after all that time , thats it ? 

They had more funding from the publisher "Devolver Digital". This also helped them start and so likely a bigger team. I also seem to not see that the game is available in Early Access: https://store.steampowered.com/app/513710/SCUM/ It comes August 2018 which is Q3. First year of development, Identity  had 3 devs working on it only. They grew their team but they also had to redo TS 3 times, Scum didn't. They also seem to have announced the game but after development started which is the opposite to Asylum. Identity was announced in concept. It started development after the kickstarter finished.

• Like 1

I think they should release some roadmap of TS at this point and get rid of the task tracker. I watched few dev streams when they answer tons of questions about town square but seeing now 2 gameplay videos I don't really know what to expect. They were talking about taking a job, making money, drugs, etc etc. but after videos, it really looks like 500mX500m area with few shops that are not finished yet anyway. really can't see all these activities they were talking about, basically, nothing to do except reading newspapers, customizing apartment and karaoke. no currency, economy, governors, votings, police, jobs, none of what they talk about for so long, they should clear it before launch, what is now and what will come later on.

The jobs money drug cops and all that is with full release you say you watch the stream but you dont know what you taking about 

Exactly Town Square there is No Currency, Economy, Governors, Votings, Police, Jobs all that comes with full game i dont know how you follow streams and still think all this comes with Town square next time when you watch the streams listen closely i would recommend you to turn all your volume and actually listen. ITS A SOCIAL MODULE. AND ITS A TOWN SQUARE NOT THE ENTIRE MAP @Masa 

If you wanna know whats coming with Town square i have a suggestion for you ASK THE PEOPLE ASK BEACH WHAT IS COMING WITH TOWN SQUARE 

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

They had more funding from the publisher "Devolver Digital". This also helped them start and so likely a bigger team. I also seem to not see that the game is available in Early Access: https://store.steampowered.com/app/513710/SCUM/ It comes August 2018 which is Q3. First year of development, Identity  had 3 devs working on it only. They grew their team but they also had to redo TS 3 times, Scum didn't. They also seem to have announced the game but after development started which is the opposite to Asylum. Identity was announced in concept. It started development after the kickstarter finished.

how long Scum team been developing Before announcement in 2016 ?

Monkas

A game as detailed as Identity takes a lot of time and work to produce. We expect the first module, Town Square, to be available in early 2017. There will be three modules of Identity released before the full game is available.

Please get your shit together  identity

1 hour ago, Duco said:

Monkas

A game as detailed as Identity takes a lot of time and work to produce. We expect the first module, Town Square, to be available in early 2017. There will be three modules of Identity released before the full game is available.

Please get your shit together  identity

So you are complaining that the expected release date was not met? People don't seem to understand that it was an EXPECTED release date, not an official one, delays can happen, and these delays are for the better, it probably means they are implementing some stuff they didn't plan which is good. Stop giving these guys such a hard time...

On 6/30/2018 at 11:25 AM, LuckyDuck said:

They have shown off things, like the apartment video in 2017, they also just done a second live stream of the Town Square.

I saw the new video and that is what sparked my comment. The new video was more tell-y than show-y, and therein lies the problem. It needs to be more organized and show more than just running around and telling us what is going to be in there and praising the art/scenery. I did like the cinema, though, but they never really show much functionality for most of the things, tbh, making some of the potential playerbase wary that there's even anything much there.

I'm an advocate for this game by the way not a nay sayer. But as a fellow indie developer you've just got to understand what flies and what doesn't fly when it comes to showing things off.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dagtag said:

So you are complaining that the expected release date was not met? People don't seem to understand that it was an EXPECTED release date, not an official one, delays can happen, and these delays are for the better, it probably means they are implementing some stuff they didn't plan which is good. Stop giving these guys such a hard time...

First of all, I want this game to succeed as much as you do. I get it that that was an expected release date but they need to show stuff instead of talking about it. That just really bothers me. They also shouldn't be saying stuff like imminent release cause they just aren't able to. I'm okay with it being delayed if there adding stuff that makes the game better but they should do a better job of displaying things. 

greetings from ya boy monkays 

@LuckyDuck There were no after launch talks 2 years ago. It says the TS features INCLUDE a barbers and Tattoo Shop. It doesnt say they are coming in later update's. It literally says "After creating your character you'll find tattoo parlors, barber shops and more to help achieve a unique look". Not  you can customize your character but then also achieve a more unique look when the barber and tattoo shops are available in a free update.

Please find me something what says the barber and tattoo shop are included in post launch updates from when the website launched, not recently in the gameplay videos.

Now listing false features on the TS page. They should go back and edit that page as its very misleading. No where on that page does it say "barber shop and tattoo parlor will be added in later updates" It is displayed to be in from the start.

• Like 2