Orbiit

Are They Even Working On The Game?

1 hour ago, Masa said:

to some scam projects like Star Citizen.

You think that Star Citizen is a scam? Wow, you are clearly retarded. A game of that scale requires a lot of time and the fact that they have to split the development team so they can work on 2 games, the multiplayer mmo and the single-player one clearly makes the process longer. If you want to have a game that has a massive scale with a lot of features you can expect it to be in development for a long time. Look at the alpha, besides some bugs and bad optimizations it looks very stable and responsive and it's just alpha(but they are still developing it after 7 years or so..).

From your point of view you think that every project that requires you to pay in advance and to wait a long time is a scam, if you are so tired of the "fake" dates and of the "lies" that the devs are giving you could just check the website once every 3-6 months because we are tired of the people that just talk shit about the devs and the games. 

Clearly is not only this game, you have a problem about Star Citizen too.

Edited by Drd27

53 minutes ago, Masa said:

Bugs in UI =/= gameplay bugs. And I'm not "spoiled little brat", I just know value of the money, I'm not a teenager without obligations, I have family and I know how hard I have to work for that "extra" 30 euros for my computer game and what else I can buy for it. I also like to know what I paid for, right now I can see only vague excuses about literally everything, even new website, pushing back dates that were pushed back before I was here, lack of communication etc. So I'm getting angry about money I give them because I cant refund, only PayPal transactions can be refunded, I paid by debit card, never in my life used PayPal and never trust 3rd party payment things like that so I'm fucked, there is no way back for me.

None of your previous posts have facts,  u rather looks like a kid who falls in love with a computer game and u trying to defend it no matter what, not even knowing about an official release date and how important TS is for rest of modules, all that was mentioned by devs many times, u join forum 31 may so u are new here and u trying to teach others about things we went through many times, so I would propose u to do some research before u start blindly defend it again.

You make out you have been supporting this game forever telling others just because they have only been here since May that they have no right to an opinion. You only bought the game december '17, well I will rephrase that, you didnt buy the game, you pledged support for a game whether they release it or not, its a risk you take. Then you ask for a refund in March so from pledging to asking for a refund thats only 3 months so you are hardly a veteran either. How you paid for it is your business. You may not like 3rd party payments but they have their advantages as you have just found out but none the less, no one forced you to make a purchase and by which method of payment is down to you. 

Im not saying that the delays havent been frustrating and they could have been a bit more transparent and communicate more but to me it just sounds like they completely underestimated how much work they were taking on. You cant change whats happened and like I said before you havent effectively bought any game, you have pledged money to help the development. Some devs never even get this far and if it was one of them you would have kissed goodbye to your money by now. 

18 minutes ago, Drd27 said:

You think that Star Citizen is a scam? Wow, you are clearly retarded. A game of that scale requires a lot of time and the fact that they have to split the development team so they can work on 2 games, the multiplayer mmo and the single-player one clearly makes the process longer. If you want to have a game that has a massive scale with a lot of features you can expect it to be in development for a long time. Look at the alpha, besides some bugs and bad optimizations it looks very stable and responsive and it's just alpha(but they are still developing it after 7 years or so..).

From your point of view you think that every project that requires you to pay in advance and to wait a long time is a scam, if you are so tired of the "fake" dates and of the "lies" that the devs are giving you could just check the website once every 3-6 months because we are tired of the people that just talk shit about the devs and the games. 

Clearly is not only this game, you have a problem about Star Citizen too.

Just FYI I never bought Start Citizen, I just heard about it because record crowdfunding money they made and if a game is 6 years in alpha, that's clearly scam mate, u probably get old and forgot about it before it gets released or they just goes bankrupt before beta. all those shiny DLC, fuck they make over 180 millions from crowdfunding and just released 27k dollars DLC, they not even hiding with a hunger for your money, but well, if u like to be fucked like that it's your call, that's why there are more and more companies like that who only know how to ask for more money but never deliver what they advertised

You make out you have been supporting this game forever telling others just because they have only been here since May that they have no right to an opinion. You only bought the game december '17, well I will rephrase that, you didnt buy the game, you pledged support for a game whether they release it or not, its a risk you take. Then you ask for a refund in March so from pledging to asking for a refund thats only 3 months so you are hardly a veteran either. How you paid for it is your business. You may not like 3rd party payments but they have their advantages as you have just found out but none the less, no one forced you to make a purchase and by which method of payment is down to you. 

Im not saying that the delays havent been frustrating and they could have been a bit more transparent and communicate more but to me it just sounds like they completely underestimated how much work they were taking on. You cant change whats happened and like I said before you havent effectively bought any game, you have pledged money to help the development. Some devs never even get this far and if it was one of them you would have kissed goodbye to your money by now. 

Opinions and straight facts are 2 different things, he just trying to bend the facts to make his opinion valid. And I never said im veteran but I went through situations like that few times since I pledged so I  know whats going on, I also paid by card so I expect to get a refund same way that's pretty  simple, idk why I shouldn't have the option to do so and that's awkward as well for me, if u buy something through steam or other online shops, u don't need PayPal to get refund

Edited by Masa

4 minutes ago, Masa said:

Just FYI I never bought Start Citizen, I just heard about it because record crowdfunding money they made and if a game is 6 years in alpha, that's clearly scam mate, u probably get old and forgot about it before it gets released or they just goes bankrupt before beta. all those shiny DLC, fuck they make over 180 millions from crowdfunding and just released 27k dollars DLC, they not even hiding with a hunger for your money, but well, if u like to be fucked like that it's your call, that's why there are more and more companies like that who only know how to ask for more money but never deliver what they advertised

I don't own Star Citizen but for a game that it's going to have that big of a scale, $45 is not much. You don't need to donate $500 to pledge for a game and if it was a scam or a vaporware they wouldn't release the alpha and continuous update. Maybe some people are in college and they are pledging now so that when they are finished with studying or with college they could play it, some people don't have the time to play all the time on the computer so that's maybe why a lot of people are doing it. At the end of the day you don't want to end up broke at 25 y/o and without any degrees or whatever.

25 minutes ago, Drd27 said:

I don't own Star Citizen but for a game that it's going to have that big of a scale, $45 is not much. You don't need to donate $500 to pledge for a game and if it was a scam or a vaporware they wouldn't release the alpha and continuous update. Maybe some people are in college and they are pledging now so that when they are finished with studying or with college they could play it, some people don't have the time to play all the time on the computer so that's maybe why a lot of people are doing it. At the end of the day you don't want to end up broke at 25 y/o and without any degrees or whatever.

Its not about releasing alpha its about making easy money so u dont have to make all the work to get same money as for finished product. Thats difference between crowdfundunding / early access and actual company that have to finish product before taking money for it, if u ever work before u know u will never get wage before work is done, because u could take money and work with 50% efficiency, not filling the orders, bankrupt etc. thats how whole world works, hope u understand

Edited by Masa

Right this post needs locking, I'm fed up to high hell of getting email notifications about this thread, right we get it there are plenty of whinging little b******s complaining about a game they've been pledged to for a few months.

Get the f**k over it and grow a pair of balls, game development takes a long time and this game will be out when it is so stop whining and get a life.

If these posts keep coming up I'll be requesting the mods to step in because I'm fed up of every other post being some whining little t**t going on about the same thing the other 100+ posts do.

I have a big passion for this game as much as most of us here do but my f*****g god I'm bored to death of whining little kids going on and on about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Masa said:

u join forum 31 may so u are new here and u trying to teach others about things we went through many times, so I would propose u to do some research before u start blindly defend it again.

I might have joined this forum back then but i have pledged waaay before that and i have been waiting ever since the first news about identity, just because you read a date on my profile doesnt mean you know how long i have been waiting pall, if the money was an issue then why buy the game in the first place... stop whining

FYI i did not bend the facts

Its a fact that the development team had to rewrite the code

Its a fact that the payment providers havent replied about the website

Its a fact that the development team for module 1 is smaller and the rest has moved on to other tasks

Ask anyone else, these are not opinions these are facts, if you dont know the difference perhaps you will have to go to school again

And preston is right, i am sick and tired of replying as well, i am not even gonna bother anymore since you people just ignore facts and call them opinions, grow a pair and f***ing wait, noone forced you to pledge 30 bucks and yet you did, i pledged 250 and i know the value of that kind of money but at least i aint bitching

Edited by dagtag

So another post like this..

Okay first off, for the people who gets sick about whining people in these topics you're not requiered to read them so if you're sick of them than just don't read them its simple. Now some are sick of the whiners so they whine about why so many people whine.. Just don't waste energy on it it's that easy.
Aswell you can just disabled the E-mail notifications for this topic so you don't get spammed just a tip.

I backed Identity about 1.5 to 2 years ago and ye I'm sick of the date pushbacks but I know it's something that comes with development ever since I develop myself.
Ye okay I do agree that pushing back everything isn't that necessary for instance the new website, you could put it online and just disable the payment options that aren't approved yet.
But it's weird that such thing gets pushed back for a month or 1.5 because the payment company doesn't reply, like what? Which payment company are you using than  because normally you get response within a week, actually more like within 2 days.

But as for the game and modules, let them take their time, and yes the team is splitting up because you can't expect artists to program.

As for the tracker, ye I agree I found it rather odd that UI testing takes this long but than again fixing one thing can break 100 other things.
And we don't know what the problem is so we can't really blame anything unless you know the full story.

34 minutes ago, dagtag said:

Its a fact that the payment providers havent replied about the website

I mean that the payment provider doesn't reply within 1.5 month or 2 is rather odd, than again we don't know  the problem.

TLDR:
Stop whining about the whiners who whine about the game being a scam, whining about these whiners doesn't help either and you are only frustrating your self. These people will be here on the forums and will put out their frustration or opinion even if it's not fun for the rest.
Just better to stop putting energy in it.

You can disable e-mail notifications for topics atleast I believe

Development takes time, yes pushbacks are annoying and yes for the website it's rather odd because why would a payment company not reply in 1.5 month or something?
But pushbacks for the game are frustrating but it's gonna happen, you backed the game during it's process so just sit it out and wait even if that frustrates you.