Wasili

Lazy and unprofessional developers.

I have never seen more lazy developers than Asylum. It has taken them 2,5 years to make 33 percent of this game. I have seen several clips from the game, and it's really not that good if you think about the time that it has taken for them to make it. I really want to refund it. Take a look at Far Cry 5 for an instance. The Graphics in Far Cry 5 are better than identity's will ever be. And if you think for a second, you will know that identity's full game probably first comes out in like 2023 compared to the time it has taken identity just to make the town square that isn't even finished yet.

Edited by Wasili
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wasili said:

I have never seen more lazy developers than Asylum. It has taken them 2,5 years to make 33 percent of this game. I have seen several clips from the game, and it's really not that good if you think about the time that it has taken for them to make it. I really want to refund it. Take a look at Far Cry 5 for an instance. The Graphics in Far Cry 5 are better than identity's will ever be. And if you think for a second, you will know that identity's full game probably first comes out in like 2023 compared to the time it has taken identity just to make the town square that isn't even finished yet.

They haven't only been working on the Town Square all this time. If they had, your argument would have some weight. The development of groundbreaking games takes considerable time. The Town Square is taking longer than I hoped, but that is because they are only putting a few of their developers on the task. The other developers are working on other aspects of the game so that when the modules are done there will be considerable progress completed on the rest of the game. If you want a refund, take it; but I would wait at least till the end of the month for Town Square.

• Like 1

It would be unfair to say the developers are lazy because unlike the developers of Far Cry, Asylum has a smaller team and does not have a base model to build upon as what they are trying to produce will be ground breaking in it self. 

Think about this: if the team was to put out an unpolished result and try to refine it while users are testing, we all would be complaining that it is garbage which will result in the project crashing before it has a chance to change the gaming arena.

2015 until now may be a very long time to be waiting given the build up of anticipation and I would think asylum knows this and are trying to speedily get the ball rolling.  I can be very impatient at times but if asylum completes what I envision this game to be then it will be well worth it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wasili said:

Okay so looking at this post I can see that your argument is full of flaws.

- 2.5 years for 33% of the game isn't exactly correct, you are saying that every module is the same size(which they are not). The first module is the largest since it is the foundation of the game, it includes all the main mechanics. and even if they were the same amount of work they would be over the 33% since half the development team is working on the other module.

- The graphics are great if you think about the fact its made by a small team. The time it took to make the game though cant be an argument here seeing that they have had to rewrite their code.

- Far Cry 5 is not a comparison you can make with Identity. first of all the team behind Far Cry 5 is quite large unlike Identity. Secondly comparing graphics is like comparing apples and oranges, there are many different styles of graphics and even though Far Cry looks quite realistic it doesn't have the steam coming out of the grates like Identity does, there are many different details in Identity that Far Cry doesn't have.

- Your last point is sketchy as well, we don't know anything at the moment as you stated, sure Identity might take some time to release but as I said before, the first module is probably the biggest as it is the foundation of the game, you cant compare one module with the whole game.

If you really don't support the game then don't, just get a refund, but there is no point of posting this in the forum. This forum is mostly used to ask questions, not to share your opinion.

Edited by dagtag
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, dagtag said:

Okay so looking at this post I can see that your argument is full of flaws.

- 2.5 years for 33% of the game isn't exactly correct, you are saying that every module is the same size(which they are not). The first module is the largest since it is the foundation of the game, it includes all the main mechanics. and even if they were the same amount of work they would be over the 33% since half the development team is working on the other module.

- The graphics are great if you think about the fact its made by a small team. The time it took to make the game though cant be an argument here seeing that they have had to rewrite their code.

- Far Cry 5 is not a comparison you can make with Identity. first of all the team behind Far Cry 5 is quite large unlike Identity. Secondly comparing graphics is like comparing apples and oranges, there are many different styles of graphics and even though Far Cry looks quite realistic it doesn't have the steam coming out of the grates like Identity does, there are many different details in Identity that Far Cry doesn't have.

- Your last point is sketchy as well, we don't know anything at the moment as you stated, sure Identity might take some time to release but as I said before, the first module is probably the biggest as it is the foundation of the game, you cant compare one module with the whole game.

If you really don't support the game then don't, just get a refund, but there is no point of posting this in the forum. This forum is mostly used to ask questions, not to share your opinion.

Another typical whinger who has no argument or anything constructive to say other than "devs r lazy dur de he hur" ?? probably friends with ecorp or something.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 3

4 hours ago, Wasili said:

Put your dummy back in your ass mate. Development is going well and the developers are doing really well so quit your bitching or take your refund and go buy some paitence. 

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 3

get your refund if you want it, but dont come whining here. The first module also took this long because at the start they had worse devs than they do now, and they fired them, got new devs and had to rebuild town square 2 or 3 times. Also at the start of developing, they only had a few people working on it, ofcourse progress is slow! The team is growing slowly and progressing overtime! 

• Like 1

The work is not groundbreaking, groundbreaking is an exaggeration for anything here really. Its a great idea for a game, doesn't mean it should take this long. Its fine for it to take this long, whatever, work at your own pace, fuck it. The issue here is that they advertise dates they KNOW they can't keep up with just to look good. The player textures from the town square look like action figures and they move like them too is my issue right now.

54 minutes ago, abababababa said:

The work is not groundbreaking, groundbreaking is an exaggeration for anything here really. Its a great idea for a game, doesn't mean it should take this long. Its fine for it to take this long, whatever, work at your own pace, fuck it. The issue here is that they advertise dates they KNOW they can't keep up with just to look good. The player textures from the town square look like action figures and they move like them too is my issue right now.

I think you've been playing too much action men. 

Edited by Dazerbake
  • Like 3

The 100th post complaining about the developers. Either:

A) Request for a refund
B) Post within one out of the hundred topics on "the developers suck/game takes too long"

Individuals sound like spoiled self-entitled children with these topics...

Create your own game if one considers such a task to be this easy.

If anything, the developers should produce a "Complaints" section within the forums in order to filter out these unnecessary topics that spam "The Town's Square" section of the forums.

Two posts within the account? Clearly a troll.

Edited by DLimit
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Wasili said:

They are not just working on TS. There is a ton of work that goes into something like this. For example I am also a game dev. It doesnt take me two months to build a game. Please if you really want to complain about this pls make a game for your self.

Damn, what is wrong with people these days?? Swallow your damn anxiety dude! Learn to freaking wait like everybody else, you are not special, as your parents probably told you. 

I've been waiting for this game since it was announced, too many years ago, so what? Go play something else and stop complaining. 

• Like 4