Debeezep

Engine sounds?

I know that the Racing module is very far away, out of questions at the moment, but I consider the sounds of vehicles (especially their engine) are extremely important in terms of gameplay. Will vehicles features different sounds and/or feature recording from actually vehicles?

One of the things I want to look forward too is being a police vehicle (hopefully crown Vic) and speed up forcefully going to an emergency call. I’m looking for that amazing sounds of the deep trembling noise of the engine! I’m not a car guy but the engine sounds in GTA sound mosty disappointing and meh. 

• Like 1

Sir, you are 100% right, engine sounds in GTA IV sound like a blender, and GTA V engine sounds (and sounds in general) are a mother*****in joke. Also, I've already asked developers about the engine sounds and showed them this vid as an example on how engines should sound in a videogame. One guy, moderator I think said engine sounds will be realistic and developers will take care of it, so no need to worry.  

6 hours ago, Mikusiodaktyl said:

Sir, you are 100% right, engine sounds in GTA IV sound like a blender, and GTA V engine sounds (and sounds in general) are a mother*****in joke. Also, I've already asked developers about the engine sounds and showed them this vid as an example on how engines should sound in a videogame. One guy, moderator I think said engine sounds will be realistic and developers will take care of it, so no need to worry.  

Sounds amazing! Thanks for the answer. Can’t wait!

Well, by the time that the racing module comes out (2020 or 2021), electric cars will be very popular. And so, not all cars will have a sound. It will come out probably after the Tesla Roadster 2.0 starts production and maybe it'll be in the game - A car with no sound and ''more than a hypercar'' performance.

But surely, some electric cars (and maybe even hybrids and plug-in hybrids) will be in the game, like the Nissan Leaf, Tesla Model S, 3 and X or even the VW I.D. series.

What I am interested about is the car re-fueling interface. As we all know, some EVs have different plugs and cables than others and support different charging standards. That is an opportunity to make really realistic charging mechanics, like having to choose adapters or even carrying cables to plug them into an outlet and the car.

3 hours ago, Evolt said:

Well, by the time that the racing module comes out (2020 or 2021)

Well, probably by 2020-2021 the whole game will be done not just a module but yea..

On 2. 7. 2018 at 4:33 PM, Drd27 said:

Well, probably by 2020-2021 the whole game will be done not just a module but yea..

The racing module will come last. My estimate is based on how LONG it took to even get the town square module done.

(Estimates) Town square - Summer 2018, S.W.A.T. - Early to Mid 2019, Racing - Early 2020 to Early 2021

Electric cars especially in games have this "wheeee" noise coming out of them. Some brands made their cars have these artificial sounds so pedestrians could hear them coming. 

Even if the sounds are horse arse on release, we can always wait for updates.