Sign in to follow this  
JoelKeys

Still no updates?

17 minutes ago, Worldraider said:

I know they dont work weekends but Im just talking about updating it in general. During the week it isnt always updated either. 

15 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Sometimes John forgets and it gets updated at the end of the shift when John leaves the office. Not to mention, you might miss it getting updated sometimes when they stay in the office doing overtime and so then it gets updated later than 5pm ET.

Yep, it won't always update at the same time or whenever you want it to, please be patient, they do a good job at keeping it updated. 

@LuckyDuck

Just to be clear, we will still be able to back at the current prices after the new website releases or will it occur at the same time as the launch of the module?

While we aim to update the tracker near the end of every workday, there have been times where nothing was updated. There used to be a bug that prevented the visual from changing that has since been rectified, but there have been nights where the team worked overtime and were unable to update their progress. The remaining tasks also require at least a few days each to fully complete, which explains why you sometimes see the tracker update when there’s no visual change to the progress bars. Work has been completed on these days, but not enough to move any bars forward on the webpage.

I believe the programmers are currently working on systems that pertain to user inventory and the shop interface. They’ve also been tackling some of the oddities that occurred during our stream on May 29th (shirtless character, inventory items not being usable).

Regarding the website, we’re still waiting on the technology partner mentioned in Dev Blog #017. They’ll allow us to offer new payment options on the Identity Shop page, but they unfortunately haven’t been quick to respond to our inquiries. I’ve been told that switching to a different partner would take longer than it would be to wait for a response, however. If I receive any news pertaining to the website’s progress, I’ll definitely let the community know.

@Nook You’ll have a week after the new website launches to grab the current pledge reward packages at their current prices. Here’s a clip of the CEO talking about it (he begins speaking at about 13 seconds in):

Meta (Will the shop prices remain the same for a week to give users a heads up?)
https://clips.twitch.tv/EnthusiasticTriumphantRamenOMGScoots

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nook said:

@LuckyDuck

Just to be clear, we will still be able to back at the current prices after the new website releases or will it occur at the same time as the launch of the module?

The new website will either come before or along side of the module as it stands and once the new website it will be 1 week that you get with these prices. After the 1 week, prices and packages will change.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The new website will either come before or along side of the module as it stands and once the new website it will be 1 week that you get with these prices. After the 1 week, prices and packages will change.

Meaning Town Square will not be released even if done, unless you have got back to the payment provider?

45 minutes ago, Beach_Ball said:

Regarding the website, we’re still waiting on the technology partner mentioned in Dev Blog #017. They’ll allow us to offer new payment options on the Identity Shop page, but they unfortunately haven’t been quick to respond to our inquiries. I’ve been told that switching to a different partner would take longer than it would be to wait for a response, however. If I receive any news pertaining to the website’s progress, I’ll definitely let the community know.

How do you know it would take longer if you don`t have contact with the provider, but you know its faster to do nothing and wait?
Again yet another excuse that makes no seance...

A bit insulting seeing you must think everyone on here is a imbesill?.

Edited by ECorp

7 minutes ago, ECorp said:

How do you know it would take longer if you don`t have contact with the provider, but you know its faster to do nothing and wait?
Again yet another excuse that makes no seance...

A bit insulting seeing you must think everyone on here is a imbesill?.

Well, if they starts doing the work which means removing all what was done to then start over by getting new software to implement and then programming the api to the website all over again, which bugs can be encountered and so this could be a lot longer than waiting because the company can respond quicker than all of that work gets done in and will cause the problem with not having the thing ready after removing the other api and all the coding.

He is just passing on what he has been told and also it is a fair response, not a lame excuse like you think. The response can be 10x as quick than coding and sorting out unexpected bugs.

I usually don't complain or at least try not to, I leave for some time and come back every so often to check progress. I have to say I am pretty mad/dissappointed with devs lately. I am watching you @Paratus

I know you're doing everything to build this game up, sadly it is not enough. Especially on communicating with community side of things. Yeah I know @Beach_Ball is doing pretty good job but thats not what I meant. On 20th April u posted "The coming release of the Town Square Module" where you said couple of things " however, the delay will be quite minor. Because this is now the second delay to an official firm release date" well... 14th June(my timezone) all we got is sneak peek of Town Square which was awesome, but by the looks of it hasn't been tested even a little, if there were bugs like shirtless character, inventory items not being usable. I know bugs appear out of nowhere when you least expect them, but let's be serious here we are closing in on 4month delay.. come on you can do better than that.

Secondly you posted "Dev Blog #17" on 4th May where you mentioned "An all new Identity website is very, very close to release. In fact, it's so close that we're only waiting on a technology partner to finalize their end of things." I am sorry but by the looks of it your technology partner is a big joke. Should switch to another sooner or later rather than waiting months and months for response.

Dev Blog #18 came out, honestly nothing interesting inside it, besides few pics. Not even one mention of website or release date even though only "three" tasks remain. Now with all of that in mind I don't expect Town Square for another month or two.

I would like to ask you @Paratus when are you gonna start being honest with us and tell us information that we desire, not some crap sh*t like "Just imagine running from (or with) the cops in the dark of night!" come on are you serious, cops are gonna be available in full game and we're 4months behind on first module, don't hype people 1-2years before its actually gonna be the thing in game.

P.S. I don't want response from moderators(just gonna ignore it).

#Q1 2017 ;)

Edited by CareKajze
fixed some typos
  • Like 2