Hey, I was just wondering when the full game comes out will there be any form of mod support like the ability to customize the in-game car's skins or to customize the light patterns on the police cars or even get different police cars in general. I've been naming a lot of skinning and accessibility to cars but I'm just curious about how far you will be able to customize the game so it doesn't become old but if you cant at all I fully understand. And yes I did read that it is a possibility in the future but my intent on this post is to have a steady ground on what will be accessible to mod in the game. 

Edited by Killerbotawsome
Applying more information
  • Like 1

I believe I've read somewhere the devs said some time after full game release they might consider allowing game mods but this is a far future

7 hours ago, Killerbotawsome said:

היי, אני רק תוהה מתי המשחק יגיע החוצה יהיה כל צורה של תמיכה mod כמו היכולת להתאים את עורות המכונית במשחק או להתאים אישית את דפוסי האור על מכוניות המשטרה או אפילו לקבל מכוניות משטרה שונות באופן כללי. אני כבר שם הרבה הפשטה ונגישות מכוניות אבל אני רק סקרן לגבי כמה רחוק תוכל להתאים אישית את המשחק אז זה לא הופך להיות ישן, אבל אם אתה צביעות בכלל אני מבין. וכן כן קראתי כי זוהי אפשרות בעתיד אבל הכוונה שלי על הודעה זו היא להיות הקרקע יציב על מה יהיה נגיש mod במשחק. 

Interesting question....

• ver.1.22474487139 1

What you listed is planned to be vanilla content in the game already. But for mods to expand this, there is no yes or no. Mods are important in keeping life to many games but in Identity's case it might not be all that possible. Servers are cloud based by Google and actually run on a cluster of servers than just one. And you cannot host servers from your own home/system. This likely is a conflict when wanting to mod the game. They want to look into it but not until the game is fully released.

I've seen this question asked before and I'll say the same thing I said last time.

Identity does not need mod support. It's not a game that would work with it, nor is it single player and therefore it'd be unfair allowing people to mod a multiplayer game.

Mods are not the be all and end all when it comes to gaming. If you only enjoy games that are modded then identity isn't for you I'm afraid.

Just now, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I've seen this question asked before and I'll say the same thing I said last time.

Identity does not need mod support. It's not a game that would work with it, nor is it single player and therefore it'd be unfair allowing people to mod a multiplayer game.

Mods are not the be all and end all when it comes to gaming. If you only enjoy games that are modded then identity isn't for you I'm afraid.

i Strongly disagree, the modding community can do amazing things that wont break the game in anyway. they are capable of adding different types of vehicles in a game, i've seen them add tow trucks in one, they can do amazing things with clothing even beyond what you'll be able to do in game. mods aren't just about hitler riding a trex through the streets of paris or some shit, they can do great things.

Just now, Frostybeans said:

i Strongly disagree, the modding community can do amazing things that wont break the game in anyway. they are capable of adding different types of vehicles in a game, i've seen them add tow trucks in one, they can do amazing things with clothing even beyond what you'll be able to do in game. mods aren't just about hitler riding a trex through the streets of paris or some shit, they can do great things.

I don't disagree with the notion of that, mods definitely do good work and I've seen myself that mods do good things. But what's the point in waiting all this time to see the devs masterpiece and hard work pays off only for people to just start modding and doing whatever? Don't get me wrong if modding gets added I'll still enjoy the game and I suppose it doesn't matter anyway as we're talking a good few years away.

I think allowing MODs on a MMORPG is a double edged sword... It can bring tons of content to the game, but can easily brake the in game balance and open vulnerabilities to hackers

24 minutes ago, Sorvete said:

I think allowing MODs on a MMORPG is a double edged sword... It can bring tons of content to the game, but can easily brake the in game balance and open vulnerabilities to hackers

That risk would only be for unofficial servers anyways , official servers wouldn't have mods meaning no real risk of hackers. Unofficial servers would be like everything else, admins and such that will monitor and ban if needed any potential hacker 

Q: Modding Support?
A: We're exploring this as a possibility, but a decision regarding mods likely won't be reached until several years after the full game is out.

(Several Meaning 5 or 6 and so that is how many years likely after release).

Please lets focus on the more important thing first and that is to get the full game. Modding won't be needed at the start because there will be plenty things to do. I am not against modding but I think the devs content should be at least used well and a lot before ever modding the game being possible.

IMO I agree with "Bodhi" about it is not needed yet and well shouldn't be added straight away anyways.

• ver.1.22474487139 2

4 hours ago, Sorvete said:

The mods would only be for unofficial servers and a lot of those would be run by admins that would monitor any potential hacker activity just like most games out now that allow mods. i wouldn't worry to much about hackers, no more then any other game,

1 hour ago, Frostybeans said:

The mods would only be for unofficial servers and a lot of those would be run by admins that would monitor any potential hacker activity just like most games out now that allow mods. i wouldn't worry to much about hackers, no more then any other game,

Don't forget the anti-cheat system that Asylum is building from the ground up, will also be there to stop hackers and on top of that VAC too.   If anyone gets caught hacking on Official or Private servers then they will get a full game ban for it.