Dan

Mountain Films Production Company

zwQInIB.png

"Mountain Films" Production Company is a film studio, television production company and motion picture distributor. The company was founded by Michael Costa in 1954 in Vinewood, the current head director and the CEO is Duncan Costa. The company moved to Red County with the aim to provide another level of entertainment to the residents of Red County. Since 1954, Mountain Films has distributed various commercially successful films, such as "The Creation of the Mountain Films" (Documentary, 1967), "Last Days of Micah" (Drama, 1992), "Ninja-Jack" (Unfinished version)(Action/Fantasy, 1992), and they're planning to create even more. Another purpose of the company is to find new talents and train them around Red County. The company plans to create colorful films in many genres such as:

- Action
- Adventure
- Comedy
- Romance
- Drama 
- Documentaries
- Horror
- Science Fiction

"It's time you to leave your country and move to Roseport!" - Nines Reyes, General Director of Mountain Films, 2011

info-world.jpg

"We at Mountain Films view ourselves as philanthropists. By recruiting talented actors, we give them an outlet for success! We turn the common rabble into pinnacles of drama and pop culture! In other words, we work to make you famous!" - Michael Costa, 1994

"That thing's huge, dad. Where'd you get it?"

Ryan stared in amazement at the huge box his dad was lugging out of the Boxville. He leaped out and landed on his feet, and began walking toward their modest home. 

"Hard work, kid. Thats where I got this."

It would take Duncan guts, strength, and a little bit more than hard work until he finally understood what his dad was saying.

The year was 1990. The streets of Dallas, Texas were hip with promotions and kingpins in the film business, and his Ryan's dad was a large part of it, being the CEO of the film production company, which was then known as Volcano Films. Sometimes, Michael Costa would come home tired and frustrated, skipping on dinner and leaving his wife, Helen Rivers, to fend for their child that night.

Things changed in 1994, once the two'd gotten married. Not only had Ryan, at age fourteen, began to view himself as an independent man, but the luck of Michael Costa in his film business. He began coming home happier than a sloth in slumber. It became known to us that his films were selling like Coca Cola in the 1930's. With this came certain luxuries; my dad bought not only a new Cadillac, but a bus for all his staff, and actors.

One day, Michael had asked Ryan if he wanted to come with him on one of the film sets. Of course he'd done this a hundred times before, but this time, they were going all the way out to Nevada to film in Reno. The trip was splendid, because Ryan met lots of famous actors, the staff were really nice, and he passed through a lot of cities with pretty views. It was thrilling to be going so far away from home, and to be on the set while the movies were being filmed.

When they got there, all the actors got off the bus, while the staff went to the back and retrieved the equipment. It took them quite a while to set up, but once the filming began, Ryan, oddly for the first time in his life, began to see the magic, the art of film. His entire life he'd viewed another's work, from the exterior. Looking at movies wasn't a critical thing, just entertainment. But what he saw in the interior was what mattered at this moment. He watched his dad direct the entire thing. He was creating this beautiful kinetic art with nothing but his imagination, stage directions, and a huge camera. It was these moments that sealed the fate of Ryan.

In the year of 2000, Ryan's father passed away from an unknown disorder. In his will, he'd left Ryan his camera, money, and keys to the studio as well as the ownership papers, in his name. He'd left Ryan the business of Volcano Films. Not only did Ryan have large shoes to fill, but he had things to change.

With his fathers business came the respect and disrespect of the locals. 

"You're a Costa kid. I know for sure you can pull this off."
"Duncan, you're a try-hard with stunning determination. You can reboot the business." 
"If your father could do it, anyone could!"
"I suppose its worth a try. You can pick up where he left off, continue his legacy."

"You can't pick up where your father started." 
"Volcano Films is dead. It died along with your father."
"Its over, kid. Go find yourself a nice job and try to forget about it."
"Just because you're Michael's kid doesn't mean you can be as great as him."

Ryan would eventually prove these men wrong. After days of hard work, a paintbrush, and some welding and printing, Ryan had redone his fathers studio, into what is now and will forever be known as Mountain Films. Immediately, he hired some actors and began business, creating his first feature film, "The Light Shines White". As he was the director in this film, he felt a certain power within. He was creating art. And it felt amazing. He knew it was his calling, he knew this was what he was born to do, and what he would die to do.

His pleasure was cut short. After the film was done and was sent out into the world, Its reception was not so great. This caused Ryan to be short of the money needed to keep the studio and pay the bills at home. He only had $60,000 left in his bank account, and it would run out in 3 weeks time if he used it for all the bills and utilities. So Ryan withdrew everything out of his bank account, then a week later, filed for bankruptcy.

But more than 5 years later, this wouldn't be the end of Mountain films.

UeBs29J.png

Requirements for Actors: Talent
Requirements for Staff member: Patience and Hardwork
Requirements for Extras: Existence
Requirements for Cameramen: Camera (Amazing Screenshot 1.1)

There will most likely be a green/white Bus and a Boxville wherever shooting is taking place. Don't be shy and apply for any position you'd like. Give it a shot!

43AT84I.png

fJh1bcf.png

Head Director :

Ryan Costa

General Director :

Cameraman and voice recording director :

Make-up and outfit artist(s) :

Lighting Director(s) :

Actor/Actress(s) :

Ps : The roster is empty because there is no one to fill it up currently.

CpWP2Yr.png

Here you can find the screenshots related to the faction roleplay and the movies made by the faction!

Nothing currently.

Edited by Dan
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Herzog said:

would be cool, you could make a movie in game, upload it to youtube and stream it at the cinema

Exactly what i'm going to do but i will need sponsors for money etc.

Finally some super serious RP with a promising and new idea, I absolutely can't wait for this to become a thing.

• Like 2

On 23/4/2016 at 11:28 AM, PaulieMariano said:

Finally some super serious RP with a promising and new idea, I absolutely can't wait for this to become a thing.

Thanks, i also can't wait for that to happen.

It would be cool to actually have some kind of sub film studio for each genre of movies, that way the roster could be bigger 

Well if you want I would like there to be a documentary about my campaign for Governor showing the people my campaign life and my normal one, I can of course help with this (making gaming cinematics has really been my dream) I'm good with what music belongs where and such but of course I'm sure we can sort this out through a private message?

7 hours ago, ThereIsHope said:

Well if you want I would like there to be a documentary about my campaign for Governor showing the people my campaign life and my normal one, I can of course help with this (making gaming cinematics has really been my dream) I'm good with what music belongs where and such but of course I'm sure we can sort this out through a private message?

If you fund the movie there will be no problem!

Note : I find that it's useless to update this right now since Identity will be opening atleast 2 months from now so don't expect much info from me about this till a later time.

@Mangotango If people are actually intereted by this idea i may create sub films companies you can help if you want tho.

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

Hey i was wondering if you would like to sell merch (i was thinking like disney style with characters from your films on it) 

Hello Dan, love this idea, maybe you could make a documentary about a life as a Mafiafamilymember after 6 months of gamerelease. would be great - hope to see you

58 minutes ago, Blue_Foot said:

This is nothing new, Identity TV had this idea ages ago

This post was originally posted 2 years ago...

• Like 1