whitehorn

Character biography (NA Server)

Thanks to @Cstove for the idea and @MichaelPayne for the format!

BASIC INFORMATION

Full name: Merit Wang

Nickname(s) or Alias: ?

Species: Human

Sexuality: Straight

Nationality: Asian-Irish

Religion: Love

City or town of birth: Taipei

Currently lives: Ash Hill

Languages spoken: 2

Native language: English

Relationship Status: Single

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE

Height: 6'3

Weight: 160 Lbs

Figure/build: Skinny, wiry

Hair color: Brown

Hairstyle: Grown out, but not long

Facial Hairstyle: Stubble

Eye color: Hazel

Skin/fur/etc color: Medium

Tattoos: None

Piercings: None

Scars/distinguishing marks: Surgical scar across the chest

Preferred style of clothing: Breathable clothes made of linen, earthen colors, sometimes more modern clothes

Frequently worn jewelry/accessories: 15 million year old, green meteorite necklace

HEALTH

Smoker? No

Drinker? No

Recreational Drug User? Which? No

PERSONALITY

Psychology: Philosophic, balanced mindset

Self-discipline: Indulgent in current mood, but all things moderately

Lifestyle: Generally likes to spend time alone; sticks around society to engage in activities and grow personally and spiritually. When something doesn't align with him, he tries to tough it out but becomes pretty drained of some of the denser philosophies toward life. Can sometimes appear aloof, but has good intentions

Social attitude: Lone wolf, but likes to listen to people who need to talk

Honesty and honour: Can sometimes be honest to a fault; honorable lifestyle because there's no reason to lie

Emotional capacity: Emotions are the currency of Earthly life; deeply emotional but understands what they are and is not controlled by them

Current emotional state: Quizzical

Likes: Meditation, helping others, driving cars, making useful things to help people

Dislikes: Liars, violence, pop music

Fears/phobias: Hurting others

Favourite colour: Orange

Hobbies: Meditation, Reiki

Taste in music: Trip hop; jazz; slow

SKILLS

Talents/skills: Life coach; energy healer

Ability to drive a car? Operate any other vehicles? Drives a car

EATING HABITS

Omnivore/Carnivore/Herbivore (Vegetarian): Omnivore

Favourite foods: Dougan/tofu, jalapeno cheese balls, cinnamon rolls

Favourite drinks: Coffee

Disliked foods: Fried food

Disliked drinks: Alcohol (except wine)

HOUSE AND HOME

Describe the character's house/home: Modern, minimalistic house

Significant/special belongings: The necklace. This and all else fades after death though

CAREER

Level of education: College

Qualifications: Teacher, craftsman, artist

Current job title and description: Artist, teacher, energy healer

COMBAT

Peaceful or aggressive attitude? Peaceful, but will defend

Fighting skills/techniques: None

Special skills/magical powers/etc: None

Weapon of choice (if any): Philosophy :D

Weaknesses in combat: Anyone experienced in violent confrontation

Strengths in combat: Is generally seen as a non-threat

FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Parents names: Trusiv (father) and Laran (mom)

Are parents alive or dead? Alive

Best Friend: He's not really sure 

Acquaintances: Doesn't really know many people 

BACKSTORY

Merit has spent his life living in a place where he doesn't feel right, he doesn't feel connected to it. He doesn't feel connected to the people he encounters, either. While he believes he is quite different, and he is, he doesn't identify with the similarities. His time on Earth is acutely transitive to him. An expectation for the next thing to come along is in the back of his mind as he tries to tend attentively to his every day activities here. That something that is missing, which most people feel, is a thing that is found for him. His parents raised him to be an independent man unattached to the typical societal modes of operation. No one accuses him of seeing himself upon a high pedestal because it is obvious that he believes himself quite human and thus subject to faults. His path is often a subject of his speech as well as how other people's paths are unique to them. He aims to find a new chapter to pour himself into. His purpose, he knows, is to help others. When he has done enough of this, he will move into the next energy level and help others in a different capacity.

Edited by whitehorn
Gave credit to MichaelPayne for the format

No worries, glad people like it and want to use it. :D

Edited by MichaelPayne
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

5 minutes ago, MichaelPayne said:

Only that's not his format, it's mine.

tenor.gif?itemid=9902854

???

10 minutes ago, Micky_Tohmpson said:

Format is really the same to @MoonPxe character post. I'd give him full credit.

No. The template came straight from Michael.

3 minutes ago, Cstove said:

No. The template came straight from Michael.

I'm aware this specific template came from Michael, but the concept of a many facts and RP about your character in a list like this must've come from the man/women whose page I posted earlier. It's almost identical. 

Edited by Micky_Tohmpson

41 minutes ago, Micky_Tohmpson said:

I'm aware this specific template came from Michael, but the concept of a many facts and RP about your character in a list like this must've come from the man/women whose page I posted earlier. It's almost identical. 

These sort of character fact sheets have been around for ages, putting a title underlining it and then going to the next line and putting subtopics is not new, it's a pretty common formatting option. I think you would have to go a quite a ways back to find the original idea maker behind this text format option and give credit to them. I took subtopics (There are quite a few differences in the one you mentioned) I felt I want people to know about my character and took a common character sheet format and personalised it with my companies colours. There's no need to get into a big credit war, I was just letting him know the format he had copied and pasted was my one, my goal was only to make sure Cstove didn't feel like he'd been credit for something that he'd also copied and pasted and then felt bad about it. I didn't want credit for it, he was just nice enough to give it.

9 minutes ago, MichaelPayne said:

These sort of character fact sheets have been around for ages, putting a title underlining it and then going to the next line and putting subtopics is not new, it's a pretty common formatting option. I think you would have to go a quite a ways back to find the original idea maker behind this text format option and give credit to them. I took subtopics (There are quite a few differences in the one you mentioned) I felt I want people to know about my character and took a common character sheet format and personalised it with my companies colours. There's no need to get into a big credit war, I was just letting him know the format he had copied and pasted was my one, my goal was only to make sure Cstove didn't feel like he'd been credit for something that he'd also copied and pasted and then felt bad about it. I didn't want credit for it, he was just nice enough to give it.

True. Well said.