Vingpongpoe

Ig/irl linked Stock Market! (POLL)

Ig/irl Linked Stock Market  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Ig/irl Stock Market be added so that we can invest based off of irl events?

• Yes! That’s sick af!
    • No! Wtf!
    • Maybe! With some changes!

Should a Ig/Irl linked stock market that mimics the irl up to date stock market so that we can invest based off of real life events or based off what goes on irl?

Would be cool, but I think it will be too difficult to add, and too complex.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cstove said:

Would be cool, but I think it will be too difficult to add, and too complex.

Wouldn't be hard with a stock market API

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avito said:

Wouldn't be hard with a stock market API

Inn saying it would be complex to add into the games economy, with all the different serves, and all the players buying stocks from fake business.  WOuld be cool if u could buy stock in real identity business that are actually owned by players in game.  But I highly doubt the devs would ever do this.

16 hours ago, Cstove said:

Inn saying it would be complex to add into the games economy, with all the different serves, and all the players buying stocks from fake business.  WOuld be cool if u could buy stock in real identity business that are actually owned by players in game.  But I highly doubt the devs would ever do this.

Yeah an in-game stock market from player businesses would definitely be exploited in some way

1 hour ago, avito said:

Yeah an in-game stock market from player businesses would definitely be exploited in some way

I mean using the irl stock market in identity so you can invest in irl companies based off today’s events. For example you invest in apple irl and apple does great for the day. The apple equivalent in identity will mimic what apple is at irl. Which allows you to invest based off real life events.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vingpongpoe said:

I mean using the irl stock market in identity so you can invest in irl companies based off today’s events. For example you invest in apple irl and apple does great for the day. The apple equivalent in identity will mimic what apple is at irl. Which allows you to invest based off real life events.

Would be cool, but it's not going to happen.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cstove said:

Would be cool, but it's not going to happen.

Ppl think identity won’t ever come out either lol if they pull off a full release of identity they can probably pull off a Stock Market like this one.

16 minutes ago, Vingpongpoe said:

Ppl think identity won’t ever come out either lol if they pull off a full release of identity they can probably pull off a Stock Market like this one.

It’s not a priority

Even with a stock market API it would take a whole bunch of work translating that to Identity's economy. And that per server, seeing there should be variations on the number of players on the server, combined with the influence of the "real" stock market. I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but I highly doubt this will ever be an option, even in future updates.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken there won't be a stock market exchange in Identity at all.

• Like 2

why link it to irl stock exchange when using identity's player economy can be so much better for players willing to take the risk.  The idea of an in game stock market is great but I believe that getting the core aspects of the game up and running should be the main priority, then after maybe a few years (based on how gamers take to the game) the developers can bring that option to spice it up and keep things interesting.  By then a few players would have sizeable ventures up and running to take part.

• Like 1

I coulda sworn in one of their way earlier videos that there was talk about using the in game businesses to drive a stock market online since i think you can manage aspects of your business from you laptop and phone anyway it makes sense that data is going to be on a remote server and therefore the stock market is just the UI that pulls in that information.

As to it being cross servers.. that'd depend on how they've architectured things.  If it uses a central data lake on AWS or similar to pool in player information so you can move between their Officially Hosted Servers keeping your pledge rewards and properties etc .. then it likely means the information about player owned businesses etc would be stored in the same way.

On the subject of using IRL Stock Exchange, I think it is contextually unrelated to in game and doesn't necessarily align with what it appears the devs are aiming for:

A self contained ecosystem that emulates life allowing players to fulfill various roles that drive the cogs keeping everything going.

Edited by JaxCavalera
included response about actual question