SunDiego

Will the ingame item prices and earnings from jobs be like real life?

Question

We know that everything will be like irl, but i just realized something. What if we would make the prices for items and earnings from jobs the same as in real life. Like every month you get a paycheck and can buy stuff like irl with the same prices. I personally think this would add a whole lot more realism into the game and would make it like a second reality kinda. Maybe make progress a bit faster maybe 2x the speed of real life? That sounds optimal. Like Paychecks would be optimized for 15 days instead of 1 month and everything else propotionally to that too. Idk if you get what iam trying to say. It just shouldnt be like you get in the game and the first  couple of days you own a big mansion with a sports car. Maybe after 4-5 months? I dont know what the right time would be, but it needs to be find thats for sure. I mean, it wouldnt even feel like grinding since youre having fun while playing the video game where you can do anything anywhere.

Just my thoughts on this, how do you guys see it?

16 answers to this question

Max time should be like 1 week, and people should be able to break you out in a coordinated assault against the prison as well. All to make the game more realistic.

• Like 1

If everybody was earning a couple grand a week, than it wouldn't be too nice as people buy like 1 grand in some of the packs so if it were just like 100$ and u can afford a decent amount (i know there are various jobs, im just giving an example) of items to sustain urself

If the prices are trying to mirror prices in real life then all I see people doing is trying to get rich from drugs. Although a fundamental part to the game, I don't think the developers want EVERYBODY doing drugs, and instead doing what they enjoy, so they're going to have to make normal, everyday jobs rewarding too.

15 minutes ago, sp00f_IOM said:

If the prices are trying to mirror prices in real life then all I see people doing is trying to get rich from drugs. Although a fundamental part to the game, I don't think the developers want EVERYBODY doing drugs, and instead doing what they enjoy, so they're going to have to make normal, everyday jobs rewarding too.

Well if you want to be living with that risk of getting into jail for several days (massive crimes), then yes, do drug dealing. At the end of the day it will all come down to one players skill if he can live as a criminal fighting the police. If he cant, well he will see it because he will be most of his play time be sleeping in jail while an average joe is still making money doing his job Imao.

Edited by SunDiego

19 minutes ago, SunDiego said:

Well if you want to be living with that risk of getting into jail for several days (massive crimes), then yes, do drug dealing. At the end of the day it will all come down to one players skill if he can live as a criminal fighting the police. If he cant, well he will see it because he will be most of his play time be sleeping in jail while an average joe is still making money doing his job Imao.

This aint cops and crims and if you want to play that go find another game. An "average joe" will probably become richer than a criminal or vice versa. It's all player based so you dont know whos is going to be at the top. I know one gang who isn't going to be at the top and that's the Yakuza.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SunDiego said:

We know that everything will be like irl, but i just realized something. What if we would make the prices for items and earnings from jobs the same as in real life. Like every month you get a paycheck and can buy stuff like irl with the same prices. I personally think this would add a whole lot more realism into the game and would make it like a second reality kinda. Maybe make progress a bit faster maybe 2x the speed of real life? That sounds optimal. Like Paychecks would be optimized for 15 days instead of 1 month and everything else propotionally to that too. Idk if you get what iam trying to say. It just shouldnt be like you get in the game and the first  couple of days you own a big mansion with a sports car. Maybe after 4-5 months? I dont know what the right time would be, but it needs to be find thats for sure. I mean, it wouldnt even feel like grinding since youre having fun while playing the video game where you can do anything anywhere.

Just my thoughts on this, how do you guys see it?

There’s no paychecks in Identity, you get paid for completing tasks and doing stuff. If you’re a cop you get Paid for writing tickets and arresting people, etc. if you’re a delivery driver, you don’t have a salary instead you get paid when you complete deliveries.  Now however business owners could pay their employees additional money like a salary but there is no system to guarantee that you will be payed. The value of money in Identity will be similar to the USD. However Identity’s economy is player driven, so expect to see all sorts of price changes in goods throughout time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SunDiego said:

Well if you want to be living with that risk of getting into jail for several days (massive crimes), then yes, do drug dealing.

This statement is wrong in a way, so far the Prison time is Maximum 45 minute..... There is no "Several days" for major crimes. They have to choose still and it is for testing in the Beta. That is Official servers, people might stay on Official servers for that or Private servers which private servers will be able to change the Prison maximum.

Just now, LuckyDuck said:

This statement is wrong in a way, so far the Prison time is Maximum 45 minute..... There is no "Several days" for major crimes. They have to choose still and it is for testing in the Beta. That is Official servers, people might stay on Official servers for that or Private servers which private servers will be able to change the Prison maximum.

The game isnt even out yet. So you cant say what the prison max time is. Also you should go way more than 1 day in time for massive crimes or stacked crimes behind without being catched.

Just now, SunDiego said:

The game isnt even out yet. So you cant say what the prison max time is. Also you should go way more than 1 day in time for massive crimes or stacked crimes behind without being catched.

Yes he can say what the max time is.  Because the devs have said many times as of rn the max time is 45 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, SunDiego said:

I did say what the maximum prison time is because that is what they have it at for testing and so until they test, it is Maximum 45mins.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

2 hours ago, Slipper32 said:

Max time should be like 1 week, and people should be able to break you out in a coordinated assault against the prison as well. All to make the game more realistic.

You can break people out of prison. However so far for "Testing" 45 mins is max, on private servers it can be set higher and I agree about a week is enough as then people actually have a incentive of breaking people out of prison and not waiting out the time.

18 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You can break people out of prison. However so far for "Testing" 45 mins is max, on private servers it can be set higher and I agree about a week is enough as then people actually have a incentive of breaking people out of prison and not waiting out the time.

It would take planning and coordination on both ends to break someone out instead of a lousy guns blazing attempt for someone to break someone out or just them waiting for 45 min, so yea the week might be a better max as it just adds more rp situations. That too, if you are a prison guard, you can have a job and something to do and it will be more fun on their part

Edited by Jason_Bourne

11 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

That too, if you are a prison guard, you can have a job and something to do and it will be more fun on their part

No prison guards, and yes you have to plan the break out if you want to succeed.

10 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

No prison guards, and yes you have to plan the break out if you want to succeed.

So prison breakouts would be easy if there are no guards... just one man walks in and grabs him and gets out?

16 minutes ago, Jason_Bourne said:

So prison breakouts would be easy if there are no guards... just one man walks in and grabs him and gets out?

S.w.a.t. and cops will turn up. Not sure how easy or hard it will be, but you need to pre plan it otherwise you likely will be caught.

9 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

S.w.a.t. and cops will turn up. Not sure how easy or hard it will be, but you need to pre plan it otherwise you likely will be caught.

Ok, thanks, cause I was like if there is no protection then why would you need to plan, but thanks for making me understand