Sign in to follow this  
Beach_Ball

Current plan for the next stream (May 29th)

Salutations everyone,

I just wanted to give you all a quick heads up as to how Tuesday's stream will function.

The current plan is to host a regular development stream for about 45 minutes, then give John (the CEO) a moment to stream some gameplay near the end. Both streams will take place in the usual spot: https://www.twitch.tv/identityrpg 

The goal is to give viewers a brief tour of Town Square after he creates a character to play as. While we won't show off too many features just yet (we need a few more programming + UI tasks to be completed in order to make some features look and operate properly), the prospect of seeing a character move within Town Square's environment is quite exciting. We know many have grown fatigued of seeing Art streams, so we hope that this will be a welcome change in atmosphere.

If you can't tune in on Tuesday, don't worry. I'll make sure the VOD is preserved on YouTube, and I'll most certainly be recording highlights of the stream using Twitch's Clip feature.

That's all for now! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful weekend, see you next week!

• Like 4
  • ver.1.22474487139 9

this should be fun cannot wait for this stream going to be a long wait till tuesday haha

14 minutes ago, MatthewLittleBoy said:

Hey Beach, Why Are you saying john will have a moment like a what ??? a min? and 5 min?? this is not acceptable, i want to see a full 45 min of character customization or whatever your doing, OR ill take my 90$ money And Go Back Home

Way to throw your toys out of the pram; just because you've given them money doesn't entitle you to make demands.

In answer to your question though, I believe the streams are usually around the hour mark, so I'd guess that we will get 10/15 minutes of gameplay on Tuesday.

Edited by Sheeran
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MatthewLittleBoy said:

Hey Beach, Why Are you saying john will have a moment like a what ??? a min? a 5 min?? this is not acceptable, i want to see a full 45 min of character customization or whatever your doing, OR ill take my 90$ money And Go Back Home

90 dollars is very minimal compared to the 1.2 million they  made out of actual, supportive players unlike you

Thank you! This was all I was asking for. I'm more than happy to wait for the game and in absolutely no hurry for it to be finished before it's ready but I just would have liked to see something that moves rather than just still shots of items. Can't wait to see it now.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Hello @Beach_Ballits nice to see you are listening to the community.
And i think i speak for everyone when i say we are excited.

But just a suggestion is it not a bit backwards to do the gameplay last?
I think you guys should do Town Square first, removes the time constraint if something is not working e.g: stream\ recording software\ loading so 4th.
And that way we can ask questions about something new and not sit there with the rens and repeat stream for 45 minutes.

I think that be much better approach you know questions going to fly when we see what is.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, MatthewLittleBoy said:

Hey Beach, Why Are you saying john will have a moment like a what ??? a min? a 5 min?? this is not acceptable, i want to see a full 45 min of character customization or whatever your doing, OR ill take my 90$ money And Go Back Home

Bildergebnis für bye bye gif

Bye 

I got overhyped and then dissapointed so many times (f****ng EA and Ubithots) but I just can't help it.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME. WOOP WOOP

I would love a glimpse of actual gameplay next week .

I do not expect perfection.  In fact I expect some things to break, to not look good, and to not function smoothly or as expected.  To expect otherwise would not be appropriate for a pre-Alpha release.

I will not assume that just because something matches the expectations I listed above, that everything will be that way, or that it will always be that way.  My opinions will be tempered by the current state of the game's development. 

I hope that the demonstration show cases what is working and what will soon be available for the early access users to play, and not some cool things that are either a long way off, or still under consideration for inclusion in the game.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2018 at 4:20 PM, edwired said:

I hope that the demonstration show cases what is working and what will soon be available for the early access users to play, and not some cool things that are either a long way off, or still under consideration for inclusion in the game.

This. I cannot agree more. I'm hyped to get a glimpse of the town square, and maybe some things we can do there without showing too much. I'd hate to see them waste time on "future" mechanics we wouldn't get to try right away with the first release.
Anyway: psyched!