Why are there more tasks? When will this town Square be ready if all your doing is throwing more new tasks in? 

Game-development isn't instant, nor does it always go according to schedule. Asylum is working everyday for hours on end to get this out as fast as they can to make the community happy. This is simply part of game-development, and when, or if, you donated, you should have been aware that delays and/or new tasks being added is part of it.

Edited by subway244
  • Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, Dazerbake said:

Why are there more tasks? When will this town Square be ready if all your doing is throwing more new tasks in? 

There are no new tasks being added, they are the same tasks getting done.

• Like 4

I've been following fairly closely and, in summary, since May 3rd when there were 64 total tasks, they've removed one on May 4th (Character Art), then they removed another May 9th( in Environment tasks) and then, finally did add one May 16th to User Interface. This brings the total to 63 as of May 24th. So, they've had a net reduction since May 3rd of one task. Sorry, don't have anything before May 3rd.   And the beat goes on. Hang tough. They'll get there. 

3 years later, DEVELOPEMENT DOESNT GO AS PLANNED GIVE IT TIME. 3 more years into the future. WE RAN INTO SOME ISSUES AND HAD TO SORT THEM OUT. Ffs get your shit together asylum. You made a great arma 3 server and think that you can make a game. You are disappointing all of your fanbase literally noone has faith in you to even finish the game at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

There are no new tasks being added, they are the same tasks getting done.

That isn't true. They did add a new task a few days ago

1 hour ago, JoeBarbaro said:

3 years later, DEVELOPEMENT DOESNT GO AS PLANNED GIVE IT TIME. 3 more years into the future. WE RAN INTO SOME ISSUES AND HAD TO SORT THEM OUT. Ffs get your shit together asylum. You made a great arma 3 server and think that you can make a game. You are disappointing all of your fanbase literally noone has faith in you to even finish the game at this point.

"The simplest reason is that, in game development, making an accurate schedule is impossible. Even the most conservative estimates at the beginning of a project can’t account for obstacles that will come up along the way. Sometimes a level that a game creator thought might take two weeks actually takes closer to two months."  Quoted from Jason Schreier for a Kotaku article titled "Why Video Games are Delayed So Often".

I recommend giving the article a read, especially the second to last paragraph.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BridgetKV said:

"The simplest reason is that, in game development, making an accurate schedule is impossible. Even the most conservative estimates at the beginning of a project can’t account for obstacles that will come up along the way. Sometimes a level that a game creator thought might take two weeks actually takes closer to two months."  Quoted from Jason Schreier for a Kotaku article titled "Why Video Games are Delayed So Often".

Again 3 years later, we haven't even gotten the first module

3 hours ago, BridgetKV said:

Ahhh... come on dude are u serious? Your sense of responsibility and time is the same as the developers. We are talking about the pre-alpha here, not a finished game. Stop playing the smart guy and wake up. WE ALL NEED TO WAKE UP. 14 Task for the last week. they moved a System bug from one section to another to give us the idea that something was fixed. WE WANT THE PRE-ALPHA VERSION. Even if its crap!

PS:Quoted from a random fisherman for a trout article;  "In both science and philosophy there is a general rule known as "Occam's Razor" . 

I recommend giving this article more attention that the one you suggested, because its as much as useless.

Whilst I am in no hurry and happy to wait I have to say that I have to agree with Dazerbake. The task bar is a good concept but it is pretty much pointless if all they are doing is adding to it. Its a false sense of progression. All they are doing is replacing old ones with new ones.

I have patience to wait for the TS release and have no issues there, but I am beginning to wonder if it ever will be released. Its almost like we see the light at the end of the tunnel, then it goes again. With kickstarter projects I only ever pledge when I can afford to lose so if things dont work out I dont feel to bitter about it, but at the same time I dont like being taken for a fool. I hope this is not the case here.

On a side note, I dont understand why we havent seen any actual gameplay yet. I know I know, they are meant to be showing it at some point but surely they have some. It seems a bit odd how we are meant to be so close to the module release and even from promoting the game stand point this would be of such a benefit. My faith is slowly dwindling and I am beginning to wonder about the whole thing. I hope I am wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Worldraider said:

Whilst I am in no hurry and happy to wait I have to say that I have to agree with Dazerbake. The task bar is a good concept but it is pretty much pointless if all they are doing is adding to it. Its a false sense of progression. All they are doing is replacing old ones with new ones.

I have patience to wait for the TS release and have no issues there, but I am beginning to wonder if it ever will be released. Its almost like we see the light at the end of the tunnel, then it goes again. With kickstarter projects I only ever pledge when I can afford to lose so if things dont work out I dont feel to bitter about it, but at the same time I dont like being taken for a fool. I hope this is not the case here.

On a side note, I dont understand why we havent seen any actual gameplay yet. I know I know, they are meant to be showing it at some point but surely they have some. It seems a bit odd how we are meant to be so close to the module release and even from promoting the game stand point this would be of such a benefit. My faith is slowly dwindling and I am beginning to wonder about the whole thing. I hope I am wrong.

Youre wrong. Why would they care to promote a bugged pre alpha version of Identity? That will probably kill the whole game before it gets released. Just wait till the whole game is pollished and finnished, THEN they will promote the game on many ways.

I love the kids these days with absolutely no patience and all what they can do is whining all the time.  

Absolutely no clue about development but a big mouth behind the keyboard.  If you cant wait then go and play something else and come back when the game is ready or just stay away no one will miss you little brainers.  

1 hour ago, Stealthfuel said:

I love the kids these days with absolutely no patience and all what they can do is whining all the time.  

Absolutely no clue about development but a big mouth behind the keyboard.  If you cant wait then go and play something else and come back when the game is ready or just stay away no one will miss you little brainers.  

the lack of patience is caused by the constant broken promises, not due to the fact people have no patience. i for one have been patient, however with the amount of times i have done this dance with them, frustration is turning to impatience. so this isn't some " kid" thing, so before you go swinging your dick of assumptions , maybe come to realize people are sick of being told it will be out on X date, to then get delayed again.

Oh yes cause they delayed soooo much xD   I count 2 delays but tell me if im wrong and how much delays get AAA games?   
In my opinion they did everything right, they did a mistake to anounce a date and changed it to the tracker which is the best desicision they could do.  

I follow this game  since 2015  and never act like all this idiots who have absolutely no clue about development a game with a small team. 

Whats 3 years in development with a small team?  Nothing just nothing, maybe you should look how long it took to create GTA V  with a fucking big company like R* and studios around the world.  But people need to use their brains to understand this but its to much to ask from people like you who just whining over and over again and you change nothing with your acting.  

People these days are so annoying...  

Edited by Stealthfuel

5 hours ago, SunDiego said:

Youre wrong. Why would they care to promote a bugged pre alpha version of Identity? That will probably kill the whole game before it gets released. Just wait till the whole game is pollished and finnished, THEN they will promote the game on many ways.

Why am I wrong?

Firstly, I am not bothered about them releasing this game any time soon, I have already stated I have the patience to wait. I never have been bothered about when it is released as I play plenty of other games to keep me occupied. I pledged a small amount for a game I quite like the concept of but in all honesty Im not even sure its my thing but just going along with the ride to find out. I hardly have anything to lose.

Secondly, you are not their spokesperson so who are you to say what they are thinking with regards to promotion and releasing footage? Why did they release footage a few months back if its so important not to tarnish their game? Its not an unreasonable request is it to see a small bit of footage whether its game play or not? If the tracker is to be believed then we are within a hairs breath of the TS being ready anyway so why cant we see footage?

4 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

the lack of patience is caused by the constant broken promises, not due to the fact people have no patience. i for one have been patient, however with the amount of times i have done this dance with them, frustration is turning to impatience. so this isn't some " kid" thing, so before you go swinging your dick of assumptions , maybe come to realize people are sick of being told it will be out on X date, to then get delayed again.

Indeed my friend. Like you I have plenty of patience and Im 47 so not a child by any means. They clearly come here to show off new items they have been working on like jackets, appliances etc but I dont understand why they cant show us any kind of footage. People are going to think the worst.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stealthfuel said:

Oh yes cause they delayed soooo much xD   I count 2 delays but tell me if im wrong and how much delays get AAA games?   
In my opinion they did everything right, they did a mistake to anounce a date and changed it to the tracker which is the best desicision they could do.  

I follow this game  since 2015  and never act like all this idiots who have absolutely no clue about development a game with a small team. 

Whats 3 years in development with a small team?  Nothing just nothing, maybe you should look how long it took to create GTA V  with a fucking big company like R* and studios around the world.  But people need to use their brains to understand this but its to much to ask from people like you who just whining over and over again and you change nothing with your acting.  

the way you conduct yourself and speak about others would indicate that you are the child in all this and that the rest of us are rational adults with rational expectations .

16 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

That isn't true. They did add a new task a few days ago

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HE14PqMDiLEVKomb7ZC9sQYyQQ6M3vZcCTs7idZjDQY/edit#gid=0 This is a link to the spreadsheet version of all the tasks on the tracker. This is created by a community Member and is updated "Daily" by him only. If you can find the point where they added a new task then this would have been recorded here by the member doing it. I do not seem to see where this "So called task" was added at and so I still stand by it is never added with new tasks, it is only moved them to "In Progress", "In Testing", "Completed". Nothing has been added to "New" as far as I see.

37 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HE14PqMDiLEVKomb7ZC9sQYyQQ6M3vZcCTs7idZjDQY/edit#gid=0 This is a link to the spreadsheet version of all the tasks on the tracker. This is created by a community Member and is updated "Daily" by him only. If you can find the point where they added a new task then this would have been recorded here by the member doing it. I do not seem to see where this "So called task" was added at and so I still stand by it is never added with new tasks, it is only moved them to "In Progress", "In Testing", "Completed". Nothing has been added to "New" as far as I see.

It's a UI programming task. A few days ago there were only 14, now there are 15. Feel free to take a look at the topic that literally has screenshots of the task list from every day. 

Going from day 19 to day 20 you can see that the UI programming tasks goes from 14 to 15. The person taking the screenshots even mentions this in their post.

10 minutes ago, patrick68794 said:

Going from day 19 to day 20 you can see that the UI programming tasks goes from 14 to 15. The person taking the screenshots even mentions this in their post.

Thank you for pointing out that but I did also read that they took away tasks altogether earlier on as I also found:

Day 12

Character Art: Seems as though developers have taken it out of the task tracker, Maybe it's no longer needed?

So they removed character art and eventually added in a UI (programming) task to replace it? so is it now understandable on the matter a bit more?

Day 11 screenshot: https://gyazo.com/4af3e2e092997b23107871428c6b5e60

On 5/25/2018 at 7:05 AM, Stealthfuel said:

Don't call us little brainers when you can't even spell you twat. Get a diploma or a degree or something before you can talk shit.

4 hours ago, JoeBarbaro said:

Don't call us little brainers when you can't even spell you twat. Get a diploma or a degree or something before you can talk shit.

Maybe your german is better than my english... oh wait your  brain is to small little big mouth xD