Sign in to follow this  
DLimit

Revising the Prison and Judicial System

Should the JUDICIAL SYSTEM or PRISON SYSTEM be REVISED in order to ENHANCE the ROLE-PLAY EXPERIENCE for players?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JUDICIAL SYSTEM or PRISON SYSTEM be REVISED in order to ENHANCE the ROLE-PLAY EXPERIENCE for players? (Yes or No based on these premises)

• YES
    • NO
    • Strictly within dedicated private servers, but not official servers

According to developer, the prison system shall consist of a maximum sentence of fourty-five minutes. However, certain criminals shall possess the opportunity to request for a lawyer and/or jury in order to engage in a fair trial, which shall determine whether the suspect is either innocent or guilty. Unfortunately, such a system would be meaningless based on the following reasons:

1. Organizing the trial may take longer than fourty-five minutes.

2. Traveling to the trial may take longer than fourty-five minutes.

3. It would take at least thirty minutes to several hours for the defendant and accuser to disclose any valuable information to their respective lawyers in order for the case to be argued effectively.

4. The police department would be required to engage in an in-depth investigation in order to present information against the defendant

5. Arguing both perspectives within the courts shall take longer than fourty-five minutes.

6. It would take longer than fourty-five minutes for the jury to determine whether the defendant is innocent or guilty directly after reviewing the information with one another.

7. The defendant may prefer to undergo fourty-five minutes in prison than to spend several thousand dollars on a reputable and credible lawyer.

8. Both legal representatives would be expected to continuously review updated information on an hourly to daily basis.

------------------------- 

In conclusion, based on these premises, the current judicial and prison system is deemed to be pointless considering that it eliminates the aspect of role-play within the game.

Why is it meaningless?:

Since Identity is a ROLEPLAY-ORIENTED game, judicial trials should be heavily promoted in order to ensure that players are capable of truthfully experiencing the lifestyle of a judge, jury, lawyer, defendant, and accuser. In the process, it would increase the demand for well-skilled Lawyers that are expected to heavily assess the LEGISLATIVE (Politically-enacted laws) and JUDICIAL (Judge-enacted Laws) on a daily or weekly basis in order to ensure that one is familiarized with the Law. Thus, a few ALTERNATIVES must be formed in order to ENHANCE the role-play aspect of the game.

ALTERNATIVES:

1. Heavily increase the time that an individual is expected to spend within prison for MAJOR offenses. I.E. Executing a Law enforcement officer should be altered to 1-2 hours.

2. Repeated offenders should receive a 2x longer sentence for committing the IDENTICAL offense within an X amount of time within Identity Island. I.E. 15 minutes the first time of committing theft, 30 minutes the second time of committing theft, one hour the third time of committing theft, and two hours the fourth time of committing theft.

3. Since prisons are intended to be extremely interactive and engaging, it would be 10x more interesting if inmates were to spend more time within prison in order to develop a "prison lifestyle" with other inmates. I.E. Prison riots, prison gangs, smuggling contraband into prison, visiting inmates within prison through a phone and a bullet-proof window, "court/yard time" activities such as basketball or weightlifting, and "prison-breaks". The "prison experience" seems meaningless when the maximum sentence shall only be "45 minutes".

4. Criminal offenses should produce a criminal record that is available to any employer that requests for such records by a Law enforcement officer, causing criminals to heavily rely on a well-trained lawyer in order to maintain a good-standing with the corporate world in the future.

5. It increases the NEED for investigative-related services within police departments and private-security companies in order to present their findings within court as a means towards determining whether a suspect is guilty or innocent.

The list could be endless...

Edited by DLimit
  • Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

Iam agreeing with you. Ive made a post about this topic yesterday and we talked about the sentence times. I think they should be also way longer than 30 mins. I had said that you should get wanted levels for every crime you do. If you get caught from the police, they will put you in jail and youll have to sit the time equal to how much wanted levels you had in that moment. Lets say 10, that would mean 30 mins for every wanted level. What iam trying to say is we need to have criminals sit longer in jail, dont be afraid to go over 2 hours or 4, hell also 24h for massive crimes. Why? Because if theyre not high enough, theyll always do it with their criminal organisation and always repeat the crimes after they get out of jail in just 1 day. Think about this pelase.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I think it should be opt-in at best.  Having played RP servers and going to prison in other games I can testify it is BORING. It is so boring it makes players drop your game as fast as they pick it up forever.

We play games to escape reality and I don't work all week trapped in one place just to get home, jump in a game and remain trapped for hours staring at a cell wall.

That said, you raise some good points. Why can't we use the phones/laptops to submit our case before a Judge working remote. Players can differ this to a lawyer or do it themselves.. same for police. Itd heavily reduce delays. Each side has 15mins from time of jailing to submit their case. Perp gets their "1 phone call" if they wanna use a lawyer or send their own. Using a lawyer grants +10 mins for perps rebuttle. Total drops to 30 mins and time spent in jail already is taken off final sentence (if any is awarded).

We live in a tech world we should make better use of it.

I strongly agree I think the DOJ And Prison system needs to be reworked with times I would recommend the max jail time to be at least 4-6 hours but hey maybe on private servers the jail times can be messed with in the settings.

Edited by Killerbotawsome

4 hours ago, JaxCavalera said:

I think it should be opt-in at best.  Having played RP servers and going to prison in other games I can testify it is BORING. It is so boring it makes players drop your game as fast as they pick it up forever.

Prison is not like that, you will be able to roam and do things, like join a gang in prison, make make-shift knives etc. You will be able to play chess and other things. Prison is like a whole new game in Identity and you can request a trial/ go to the court and argue your case. If your court case fails then you can go and try break out of prison.

However Jail is a small amount of time which is how you describe it. But it will be for smaller crimes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Prison is not like that, you will be able to roam and do things, like join a gang in prison, make make-shift knives etc. You will be able to play chess and other things. Prison is like a whole new game in Identity and you can request a trial/ go to the court and argue your case. If your court case fails then you can go and try break out of prison.

However Jail is a small amount of time which is how you describe it. But it will be for smaller crimes.

That sounds more fun for sure and glad to hear on official servers the times arent crazy like an hour or more because for people like me who only get small windows of free time, an hour is a lot. Those minigames could make 45mins an interesting time by the sounds ;)

3 minutes ago, JaxCavalera said:

That sounds more fun for sure and glad to hear on official servers the times arent crazy like an hour or more because for people like me who only get small windows of free time, an hour is a lot. Those minigames could make 45mins an interesting time by the sounds ;)

Remember, that 45mins is subject to change due to testing. It still could become higher or lower.

I've been saying this for the longest time. I will be taking on a law profession in this game; so this is everything I need to know. It adds a little more incentive to the game. As a criminal with a lengthy record; you might want to think about the crime you are about to commit if you knew you could receive double a triple the time. Or if it's for the murder of a law official, the consequences could result in a life sentence. This is where players like me come into play. Building credible defenses for players who have committed serious offenses.  

I personally think 45 minutes is too short for the maximum time, I think maybe some where around 2 hours is a good max.  I’m sure the devs will consider changing it in the future.  

• Like 2

Quick input: With the way lawyers work irl, there should also be a "community" lawyer (forgot what they call them) one that gets paid from the government to help with petty crimes aka if someone gets a ticket or minor charges and wishes to dispute it then they have a "free" lawyer to help dispute the charges.

Something that happened to me a while back, i got a $1000 fine for riding a motorcycle without registration then went to a small claims court and got help from a lawyer free of charge. (ended up having to do another riders test but didn't have to pay a $1000 fine or lawyer)

other then my ramblings, i agree with you.

prison sentences should be increased to 2 hours or something, but only for certain crimes, and the hours should pass while you're offline

27 minutes ago, abababababa said:

prison sentences should be increased to 2 hours or something, but only for certain crimes, and the hours should pass while you're offline

No they shouldn’t, you should have to be in game for your time to count.  Others that’d never dumb and people would just log.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2018 at 8:19 PM, Cstove said:

No they shouldn’t, you should have to be in game for your time to count.  Others that’d never dumb and people would just log.

Then prison should actually be interesting and not a minigame then, they say thats gonna happen but I've never seen it done well before so

48 minutes ago, abababababa said:

Then prison should actually be interesting and not a minigame then, they say thats gonna happen but I've never seen it done well before so

They are making prison interesting, and there will be stuff to do in there.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:19 PM, Cstove said:

As you've stated, one's imprisonment will be entertaining since the prison system will function as it's own game.

How is one even capable of enjoying the entire prison experience in only fourty-five minutes?

Edited by DLimit
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DLimit said:

How is one even capable of enjoying the entire prison experience in only fourty-five minutes?

When your sentence is over, you'll have the option to stay in prison, rather than getting released. I for one am planning on having one of my three characters in prison, full time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genesai said:

When your sentence is over, you'll have the option to stay in prison, rather than getting released. I for one am planning on having one of my three characters in prison, full time.

Thank you very much for the information. I am curious, does one possess any evidence of developers stating that players shall possess the option to remain within prison?

7 hours ago, DLimit said:

Thank you very much for the information. I am curious, does one possess any evidence of developers stating that players shall possess the option to remain within prison?

Not sure if it's in any of the FAQs, but it has been mentioned multiple times over the past few years. So I am certain though.

• Like 1

yeah escalating prison sentences would be nice... if someone murders gets out murders and that every 45 minutes it could be that the system automates 24h (real time not only login time) if he still contenues a jury is called (only players that did no crime can get jury) and the jury then sets a sentence like one puts in a life sentence the others see it they can vote for it or against the jury ends when a sentence where 80% of the jury voted yes^^ life sentence means ur character will not get out of prison (u can still can try a prison break or call for jury after a Month to reevaluate your case)

prison break should not be considered a crime itself but crimes u did like stealing a car during the prison break can make the sentence worse but if u did not hurt anyone and steal anything u just get to prison for the remaining sentence

On 6/18/2018 at 5:41 AM, DLimit said:

Yes the developers have said it on stream in the past, that you can choose to either stay or leave the prison at the end of your sentence.

7 hours ago, Luxaly said:

yeah escalating prison sentences would be nice... if someone murders gets out murders and that every 45 minutes it could be that the system automates 24h (real time not only login time) if he still contenues a jury is called (only players that did no crime can get jury) and the jury then sets a sentence like one puts in a life sentence the others see it they can vote for it or against the jury ends when a sentence where 80% of the jury voted yes^^ life sentence means ur character will not get out of prison (u can still can try a prison break or call for jury after a Month to reevaluate your case)

They won't have it real time, they are keeping it login time and well also 45 mins is max but is for testing purposes and is subject to change.

They also won't have it where you can get a life sentence as it is a game and some people will just never return because it ruins there fun. 

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

They also won't have it where you can get a life sentence as it is a game and some people will just never return because it ruins there fun. 

The only Problem i might see there is that crime is too high then and me as a good civ will get robbed and murdered every time... the game should not encourage crime against "Humans" so if someone considers getting a gund and murdering ppl is fun and does it every time then he deserves a lifetime sentence (he still can break free and some ppl might find it fun to try it) but also there could be a death sentence (character deletion (only throu Admin/Dev)  i want to be a cop but i dont want to be cop in a world where every one is a madman and i am basically here to just kill them and dont talk... this it that worrys me... too much kids RDMing/VDMing like in GTAV

1 hour ago, Luxaly said:

but also there could be a death sentence (character deletion (only throu Admin/Dev)

This would be a good idea because the person that would commit a huge crime would think twice before committing it because he could lose his character(money, houses, cars, reputation, friends, etc.)

10 hours ago, Luxaly said:

The only Problem i might see there is that crime is too high then and me as a good civ will get robbed and murdered every time... the game should not encourage crime against "Humans" so if someone considers getting a gund and murdering ppl is fun and does it every time then he deserves a lifetime sentence (he still can break free and some ppl might find it fun to try it) but also there could be a death sentence (character deletion (only throu Admin/Dev)  i want to be a cop but i dont want to be cop in a world where every one is a madman and i am basically here to just kill them and dont talk... this it that worrys me... too much kids RDMing/VDMing like in GTAV

That is why you stick to the private servers and not Official servers. The Official servers will be more casual than Private servers. There will be no perma death either/ no death sentence. It is not something that the devs want to have. While also Confining a person to one section of the game makes things limited for them and so even if they break free, they will always be running away because they are wanted.

Why make it so that 1 big part of the game can make people get confined to something when it should be equal. It is a game after all. Yes the punishment will be in game hours only with prison sentences, that is a big punishment due to it making people be in the game to see through the entire prison sentence and might make them think twice next time.

The devs have to keep everything as fun as possible in all areas and making ones character permanently on the run because he has broken out of prison due to him having a life sentence could be fun for some but removes the fun for others because they might of just wanted to experience a bit of the game in different ways. We have a stress system to stop people killing others all the time and in some areas will not affect anything as there are High stress zones where "Lots of criminal" activity happen and low stress zones in cities etc.

There are a lot of things in place to stop such things happening. There is a NLR system, where you spawn 1 or 2 kilo-metre's away from where you died in order to allow people to get the chance to loot your body and run etc meaning that the person who died won't be able to get back within 5 minutes to just get revenge.