TPlays

Weekly Hopes #1

So basically I was thinking. We are so close with the task list. We are right there! All I want now is the whole entirety of the fan base to come together and have a nice conversation about what we should expect. This is why until the TS module comes out I will be hosting these Weekly hope topics. Everyday something new will be brought to the table. For today I want to talk about people about "Will people be disappointed with the TS release?" and "Are you willing to sit through all of the modules?". Hope you all hav a great time talking as a community. Have at it!

1 hour ago, TPlays said:

So basically I was thinking. We are so close with the task list. We are right there! All I want now is the whole entirety of the fan base to come together and have a nice conversation about what we should expect. This is why until the TS module comes out I will be hosting these Weekly hope topics. Everyday something new will be brought to the table. For today I want to talk about people about "Will people be disappointed with the TS release?" and "Are you willing to sit through all of the modules?". Hope you all hav a great time talking as a community. Have at it!

I don't think most will be disappointed, and I do think most will be able to sit through. I have just noticed that when big YouTubers discover games in early development, they either never leave development, or end up mediocrely made in the end. Some examples are Overgrowth (Idubbbz), Enforcer: Police Crime Action (Jacksepticeye), and even Yandere Simulator (Jacksepticeye, Markiplier, PewDiePie, Others). Yandere Simulator is still in-development, I think, but nobody hears about it anymore. It could just be a coincidence, but I think when millions of people see a game in-development (with not a lot of activities right off the bat), people grow tired and bored of it after hearing about it from YouTubers non-stop, and move on, leaving a development team making something that has already been a trend and will more than likely never be one again. I, for one, wouldn't grow tired of Identity. I just hope that this game doesn't blow up before at least the Beta, but hopefully it blows up at final release.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, subway244 said:

I don't think most will be disappointed, and I do think most will be able to sit through. I have just noticed that when big YouTubers discover games in early development, they either never leave development, or end up mediocrely made in the end. Some examples are Overgrowth (Idubbbz), Enforcer: Police Crime Action (Jacksepticeye), and even Yandere Simulator (Jacksepticeye, Markiplier, PewDiePie, Others). Yandere Simulator is still in-development, I think, but nobody hears about it anymore. It could just be a coincidence, but I think when millions of people see a game in-development (with not a lot of activities right off the bat), people grow tired and bored of it after hearing about it from YouTubers non-stop, and move on, leaving a development team making something that has already been a trend and will more than likely never be one again. I, for one, wouldn't grow tired of Identity. I just hope that this game doesn't blow up before at least the Beta, but hopefully it blows up at final release.

I like this and hope for the same thing.

• Like 1

There are so many games alpha, kickstarter etc that are still in development and have little to no communication or updates. But they are still being developed. Some examples are (there are certainly much more but this are some I backed):

I am absolutely not concerned about anything here. Why should I? I know the risks with founding games. The devs are active on the forums make Blog's and update us regularly. Sure more is always possible but as long as there is no obvious cancellation or lack of of communication or none I am not concerned.  If by any chance Identity should never see daylight, well that would be tough luck and would suck. But life would still go on and I would not think twice about this game anymore. On to the next project that interests me and deserves my attention.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gometzler said:

There are so many games alpha, kickstarter etc that are still in development and have little to no communication or updates. But they are still being developed. Some examples are (there are certainly much more but this are some I backed):

I am absolutely not concerned about anything here. Why should I? I know the risks with founding games. The devs are active on the forums make Blog's and update us regularly. Sure more is always possible but as long as there is no obvious cancellation or lack of of communication or none I am not concerned.  If by any chance Identity should never see daylight, well that would be tough luck and would suck. But life would still go on and I would not think twice about this game anymore. On to the next project that interests me and deserves my attention.

This is what I like to hear!

• ver.1.22474487139 1

i dont see WHY its taking so long for a TS what the hell is all this talk about a "TS module" making it sound like a big thing it litrualy takes less than 5 mins to get a teamspeak up and running, atleast then it will look like theres decent amount of communication

daner, do you live in the stone age? people dont use teamspeak anymore, i'd recon. Identity got a discord you can join tho. 

Subway, how do you know you wouldn't get tired of identity? Maybe you will:p 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

59 minutes ago, Theezakj said:

daner, do you live in the stone age? people dont use teamspeak anymore, i'd recon. Identity got a discord you can join tho. 

There are games which you can play over long periods. I played WoW nearly 10 Years ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Theezakj said:

Maybe I will. I have over 1000+ hours on Mafia 2 and Garry's Mod. Before I started playing primarily on PCs, I (probably) had hundreds of hours put into NoCliche's Toy Commander and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (the original). In my era between Steam Games and Dreamcast/Wii, I put double-digit to hundreds of hours into SWAT 4 and MFS2004:ACOF. I guess I like games with plenty of content, so Identity is bound to be one I'll play into the thousands of hours! xD

3 hours ago, Theezakj said:

I agree discord is a very good communication platform, but I have a lot of experience with both discord and teamspeak and personally I find that teamspeak works better for large groups of people, at least for voice communication, although discord definitely has a better setup with there normal chat channels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Theezakj said:

Im sorry but teamspeak is far superior than discord in every way and will continue to be. I have developed several teamspeak servers and I still have not been able to use all the tools its offers when creating a server that has ranks of power. You can truly do anything with it and it can be made to look much better than discord. It certainly takes a lot of time to make a nice one.

16 hours ago, Theezakj said:

People use teamspeak for arma Milisim groups thats what I do.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:55 PM, Daner2234 said:

i dont see WHY its taking so long for a TS what the hell is all this talk about a "TS module" making it sound like a big thing it litrualy takes less than 5 mins to get a teamspeak up and running, atleast then it will look like theres decent amount of communication

Not sure if I am understanding you right here, but when we talk about TS we are talking about Town Square not TeamSpeak... or am I missing something here?

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 2:55 PM, Daner2234 said:

We use TS to talk about Town Square not Team Speak

• ver.1.22474487139 1

oops my bad lol

On 5/14/2018 at 9:44 PM, Theezakj said:

and its not really stone age when hundreds maybe thousands of people still use it discord is mainly for text chat, how is that suitable in game

22 hours ago, Mordacar said:

I tend to play games for years. I will make Identity my home base.

This is exactly what I would like to do as well!

• Like 1

Disappointed about a release? Never. I think it'd be cool to sit in and watch first hand the development take place. u wu And I usually play off and on with alpha/beta stuff and save my hardcore playing for final releases. I plan to use the modules time to (maybe) make some new friends here! ^^