Bushido0

You'd think that we'd see more gameplay

13 minutes ago, Gometzler said:

And if not? You and others will be complaying around again. 

And if not, well, there's a couple of things.

People will rightfully be annoyed that the carrot at the end of the string was tugged away again. Two release dates fell through and we haven't seen footage yet. This gameplay footage is undoubtedly going to sway a lot of the more worried fans. 

Personally, I would mainly be concerned at this point if a small amount of gameplay footage is too difficult. MoTown said himself that it would be shown "regardless of state", which is comforting, but we know well he doesn't have final word on that. 

27 minutes ago, Gometzler said:

Crowdfunding is completely different, the developers ask for money and in return you get benefits but are not entitled to anything else.

That would have to include not being entitled to shutting down people's arguments because you donated more money.

I do agree with you on this with Kickstarter in mind where the ominous "it could never happen and that's too bad" comes into play. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though. We'll see how things are coming along on Tuesday. 

51 minutes ago, lamona said:

People will rightfully be annoyed that the carrot at the end of the string was tugged away again. Two release dates fell through and we haven't seen footage yet. This gameplay footage is undoubtedly going to sway a lot of the more worried fans. 

And this is why everybody should be aware that this might happen any time with any crowdfunding projects. Demanding and clotring the forums with you have to this and that does not help this project. The devs decide whenever and however they want to inform us. I do understand that communicates is key here, but mistakes are made all the time not only by the devs but also by the community.  What hurts the project mostly are the topics from us supporters which do not believe or are pissed off about fals communications. That is also a reason why many new Kickstarter projects do only communicate over kickstarter and do not offer interactions on a forum. Look at Scorn there is no forum.

This project needs a lot off funding and only with a community which can communicate in a manner that is healthy and constructive will help them. If all of us would scream liars this is a scam identity would be canceled in a short period of time because new backers would be rare and the devs certaly would also be pissed off and say f*** this. This is their first game they are making, it is very ambitious and needs a lot of support but also funding and healthy critiques. It certainly does not need annoyed supporters bashing and demanding and telling them what they need or have to do. I am sure they know that they have made mistakes and are trying to please and eas our minds. We all need to understand we are investors with benefits nothing else. Also that they offer us a forum so that we can discuss the makings of this game is a bonus. They could have easily just only have made a website without community interactions until the game would have been made. Would have probably be a better idea, but I am very happy they have not made that decision. 

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 1

No need to argue this anymore, because we’re going to see TS Footage on the next live stream.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gometzler said:

What hurts the project mostly are the topics from us supporters which do not believe or are pissed off about fals communications. That is also a reason why many new Kickstarter projects do only communicate over kickstarter and do not offer interactions on a forum. Look at Scorn there is no forum.

If you are suggesting people stop voicing their concerns about it, that isn't going to happen, and for good reason. Records of things like false info/miscommunication is important so expectations can be tempered accordingly, and people actually have a clear idea how the project is going from the perspective of somebody who has invested. We have absolutely no obligation to be their marketing team; we did not pay money to work for them beyond being beta testers. 

Clearly, Scorn is less concerned with its playerbase and is plagued with its own problems (2 months without an update is the first thing I saw). This project is clearly better off than that. And more communication is good. However, they just need to work on keeping to their word so the community isn't strung along and disappointed. 

31 minutes ago, Gometzler said:

If all of us would scream liars this is a scam identity would be canceled in a short period of time because new backers would be rare and the devs certaly would also be pissed off and say f*** this.

Good thing that's not what people like myself are doing? Don't lump critics together with hyperbolic "SKEMMERS" people lol.

43 minutes ago, lamona said:

If you are suggesting people stop voicing their concerns about it, that isn't going to happen, and for good reason. Records of things like false info/miscommunication is important so expectations can be tempered accordingly, and people actually have a clear idea how the project is going from the perspective of somebody who has invested.

I am not suggesting anything here, concerns are fine as long as they are constructive and not destructive. I think you do also want this game to get made if I am correct?

We have absolutely no obligation to be their marketing team

Your right, but we are the ones making it possible or not. With our hype or with bashing it.

we did not pay money to work for them beyond being beta testers.

Correct, but to make it possible, gamer's and much more are necessary to make a project get even more famous. Hyps start with communities.

Clearly, Scorn is less concerned with its playerbase and is plagued with its own problems (2 months without an update is the first thing I saw). This project is clearly better off than that. And more communication is good. However, they just need to work on keeping to their word so the community isn't strung along and disappointed. 

Correct because they stated that they want to invest all their resources into making the game and not have to update and lose time with community interactions. Now I am not saying that it is better but they do not have to concern themselves about stuff that is going on beside development of the game. 

Good thing that's not what people like myself are doing?

I never said you are but there were a lot of topics that were.

Edited by Gometzler

As far as i´ve seen no Moderator has yet answered nor any dev. You wonder why? well, my guess is that they are gone. I hope im wrong and that they will prove me wrong asap but that wont happen. 

Those who spend more than 50$ should realy ask for a refund, because it can be gone already. And even if the game Puplishes you can still spend the money back into the game again. 
Not everything should be supported for such a long time by such a big growd. They show 0 process. The little graph thing added is crap and does show me that 90% is not done yet. 

The last video they did was crap too. Someone could do a better job with GTA V  directors mode.

Sure games take time but i only see delays and excuses that make no fishing sence. 

29 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

As far as i´ve seen no Moderator has yet answered nor any dev. You wonder why? well, my guess is that they are gone. I hope im wrong and that they will prove me wrong asap but that wont happen. 

Those who spend more than 50$ should realy ask for a refund, because it can be gone already. And even if the game Puplishes you can still spend the money back into the game again. 
Not everything should be supported for such a long time by such a big growd. They show 0 process. The little graph thing added is crap and does show me that 90% is not done yet. 

The last video they did was crap too. Someone could do a better job with GTA V  directors mode.

Sure games take time but i only see delays and excuses that make no fishing sence. 

Hey, I am here.... Totally haven't vanished... Not going to argue with the sceptical members. My Opinion is not needed within this because well I agree with some and not so much others, I have seen too many of these posts with poor feedback and also some good feedback, some utter rage things which are not needed and well nothing will change the opinions of all those people. Why do moderators need to comment? We are not paid staff and only are Volunteers, we are here to keep the peace and when ever we do, we get things thrown at us for it. 

I could give my opinion on your points you have made if you want.

I honestly can not wait for this game to release bad, moderate or good I have happily contributed and helped the game no matter the outcome I'am here all the way :)

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 10:26 PM, Bushido0 said:

Just that. In light of the TS Module being delayed (again), and it apparently being so close to being finished. One would think that you would see some more gameplay videoes and screenshots coming from the devs to whet the appetite of those excited and to calm the nerves of those skeptical. It's just a weird choice not too release more in my opinion. Thoughts?

There's a reason there isn't much gameplay released right now, we've answered this a lot on probably every social media outlet, but showing tons of gameplay doesn't get people as excited or pumped as it does when you're shown a little until you get to just experience it yourself. 

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 26/05/2018 at 9:31 PM, HairyGrenade said:

There's a reason there isn't much gameplay released right now, we've answered this a lot on probably every social media outlet, but showing tons of gameplay doesn't get people as excited or pumped as it does when you're shown a little until you get to just experience it yourself. 

I kinda see where you are coming from, of course its more fun to discover things for yourself but I do think there should have been more than we have seen. You can show the environment around you without spoiling the experience and if you dont show anything, how are you meant to get more people pledging. Yes there are some that do it on blind faith hoping its going to look good, but there are far more that wont pledge until they see the quality/style of what they are going to buy. 

Meh as much as I do support the release of this game, when it comes to business model and how to run things, my favor fall to the side of Patrick68794. I also work in game dev field WITH a plan to use crowdfunding to propel us through the thick of it. And my team actually plans to have a playable demo for teaser content BEFORE the Kickstarter page ever goes up! It's all about good practices, no matter how big or small the team is. Transparency is everything. Developer to player trust is everything.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

Meh as much as I do support the release of this game, when it comes to business model and how to run things, my favor fall to the side of Patrick68794. I also work in game dev field WITH a plan to use crowdfunding to propel us through the thick of it. And my team actually plans to have a playable demo for teaser content BEFORE the Kickstarter page ever goes up! It's all about good practices, no matter how big or small the team is. Transparency is everything. Developer to player trust is everything.

Agreed. Good luck btw man! wish the best for you team and your new project! Btw, i wanted to ask. Unity || UE4 ?