Sign in to follow this  
Killerbotawsome

My Card Is Being Declined [Cant Buy From The Shop]

Okay so i go to the shop and I click the $30 option and I go to paypal and my card is there automatically then I click to pay and it says your card was declined so I was brought to a screen where it gave me the option to pick a new card but the issue is I dont have another card with money on it so is there any way I can but this game, and yes I know it has money on it i checked and it has $80.37 and this card is a Visa prepaid gift card from walmart and I have used it many times it started with $150 dollars on it.

18 hours ago, Killerbotawsome said:

Okay so i go to the shop and I click the $30 option and I go to paypal and my card is there automatically then I click to pay and it says your card was declined so I was brought to a screen where it gave me the option to pick a new card but the issue is I dont have another card with money on it so is there any way I can but this game, and yes I know it has money on it i checked and it has $80.37 and this card is a Visa prepaid gift card from walmart and I have used it many times it started with $150 dollars on it.

New payment options will come with the new websites launch. Currently the devs are waiting on the "Credit Card company" that will process the payments with the new options and so the website has not launched yet as because of the new payment options are not in currently.

Will the payments on this new website be more expensive because i don't want to wait for the new launch and have to pay more than i did on this website.

Hey Killerbotawsome,

I'm not too familiar with how Paypal accepts gift cards, but I do know that some gift card providers are very picky about how they're used online. You may need to go to the website listed on the back of your card and go through a lengthy registration process (iirc I needed to do that for a visa giftcard I purchased a while back, but not for a Vanilla-branded mastercard). If you've already done this, then disregard the above message. If you haven't though, take some time to see how to properly register your card, as it might be getting declined since there's no billing address associated with it yet.

The new website will feature more payment options, so if it's specifically Paypal causing an issue, you might see success with some of the other payment methods instead. The most recent dev blog (found here: http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/12165-dev-blog-017-step-inside-my-office/) mentions that Credit Cards and PaySafe will be added alongside the Paypal option.

The way things will work is that the shop will display all the current pledge reward packages as they are for one week. The new shop will also include individual items for purchase. For example, you'll be able to buy the rusted car individually as a standalone item.

After one week passes, all of the old pledge reward packages will vanish, leaving only the individual items remaining.

If you were to try and recreate a package by buying each item within said package individually, it would be more expensive than buying the listed package. Hence, you'd save some money by buying a pledge reward package rather than buying each piece separately.

If you do purchase a pledge reward package, you'll be able to add on individual items to that package once the new shop is out.

My recommendation would be to hold onto your card for the new shop's release. You'll have one week to compare the prices of the packages with the prices of the individual items, and you'll have some additional options to explore when it comes to payment methods.

Hope this helps Killberbotawsome!

Hello when will the website with more payment options come because I've been waiting and I'm starting to come with the fear that the game is going to be done and more expensive before I can even buy a package so I was just wondering when the payment options will come for a vanilla Visa Prepaid Debit Card which is what I have so I was just wondering :) 

Hello again Killerbotawsome,

We're waiting on a technology partner to finalize some things on there end before we can proceed with the launch of the new site. It's admittedly taken longer than anticipated, but we'll make sure to release the site ASAP once they're done on their end. I'll also post any news about updates regarding the new site when I can!

Have you had any success with the gift card with paypal? If you tried registering the card online through visas/vanillas site, did that do anything? :o 

Yes actually I did have success today I tried to buy the $30 package and it let me purchase it maybe it was an issue with the card thank you though.

Excellent, that's great news Killerbotawsome! :D

Good to hear you can finally use the funds on your gift card! If you ever have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Sign in to follow this